Some movies won't add into a collection

Twistedcloud

Twistedcloud

For some of my movies I have both an 1080p and a 4k Version saved into the same folder. Emby groups the files together properly and allows me to pick the version I want to watch.

It seems that there are a few movies that just refuse to be added into a Collection when I do this.

My John Wick movies show in a collection and have both 4K and HD in the same file. As will my Pacific Rim Movies.

My Matrix Movies, will not go into a collection (even if I try to add them manually), The Incredibles will also not allow me to add them to a collection. 

I use the same file name structure for all of my movies.

Twistedcloud

Hi there, what happens when you try to add your matrix movies to a collection?

Nothing at all, ti says Item Added but it doesn't actually get added. I checked the Metadata and it shows the correct collection ID. I tried to add and remove the ID. delete the collection and move the files around and nothing happens.

The Matrix will just show as a stand alone movie, The Matrix Reloaded goes into the collection as a single movie and the Matrix Revolutions stands out as a single movie.

post-54293-0-58957200-1548050596_thumb.png

post-54293-0-04702000-1548050648_thumb.png

post-54293-0-92892000-1548050736_thumb.png

Edited by Twistedcloud

Happy2Play

That image of The Matrix (itemdetails page) shows it does not have a tmdbcollectionid. 

But do you save metadata with your media?

Twistedcloud

That image of The Matrix (itemdetails page) shows it does not have a tmdbcollectionid. 

But do you save metadata with your media?

Went and double check made sure it had the collection ID, still doesn't get added into the collection.

Yes I save Metadata with all of my media. If I remove either the 1080P version or the 4K Version it will move back into the collection. The moment I have both files it sits outside of the collection.

Though My John Wick movies are set up exactly the same and they will show as part of the collection

post-54293-0-15124300-1548084294_thumb.png

post-54293-0-41950700-1548084347_thumb.png

post-54293-0-20161200-1548084493_thumb.png

post-54293-0-29992000-1548084498_thumb.png

• 2 months later...
Twistedcloud

For anyone else running into this same issue I did find a work around

From what I can tell the issue comes if you add a secondary file that you want to show up as the primary file. (So have a 1080p movie I added a 4K and i wanted the NFO to be tied to the 4K version).

1) I manually moved the files out of my Emby folders and into another folder Emby could not see.

2) Then I went into Emby and deleted the movie and all associated data.

3) I created a new folder in my Emby files for the Movie

4) I moved my primary Movie file back in and change the name structure just a bit (so added a . where i had spaces or vice versa)

5) Let Emby scan the movie back in and make a new NFO file

6) added my additional version files back in.*

* With step 6 sometimes if my other files were older then then my primary Emby would still make .NFO file for it so sometimes I would have to copy it to a new drive then copy it back so it showed as a whole new file to my system)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
jonboyuk

I can second this issue with some movies I have where they have 1080p & 4K in the same folder. Any ideas what's going on?

I can second this issue with some movies I have where they have 1080p & 4K in the same folder. Any ideas what's going on?

@@Happy2Play are you able to reproduce this?

jonboyuk

Any updates on this at all? Just to note that it was fine one day, then one update later (not sure which) things became fragmented.

Happy2Play

Any updates on this at all? Just to note that it was fine one day, then one update later (not sure which) things became fragmented.

Pretty sure we went over this in another topic if it is the same issue I am thinking of, but do you save metadata with media?  What process is uses to make the Collections?

Traxxus

I've reported a similar issue a few months ago with Fellowship of the Rings, never resolved it, gave up and moved the regular edition out of the movies folder. Actually came to make another post about it, because since then I have wiped and reinstalled Emby entirely, still happens. Both automatic collections (autoboxset I guess), and also meta type collections I made myself (using add to collection in context menu) have this issue with some movies.        

I do save metadata with files. 

Spider-Man Universe (self created collection) https://i.imgur.com/wF0bVRZ.jpg 

Into the Spiderverse is missing, has the alternate universe cut.   

File listing.  https://i.imgur.com/5Ntftaj.png

Collection.xml included 

Spiderverse page  https://i.imgur.com/hEqs8bh.jpg 

collection.xml

Edited by Traxxus

Happy2Play

@@Luke

When there are multi-version files, what determined which version is added to the Collection?  Especially if both files have a nfo.

5ccddd1ff3188_5Ntftaj.png

I've reported a similar issue a few months ago with Fellowship of the Rings, never resolved it, gave up and moved the regular edition out of the movies folder. Actually came to make another post about it, because since then I have wiped and reinstalled Emby entirely, still happens. Both automatic collections (autoboxset I guess), and also meta type collections I made myself (using add to collection in context menu) have this issue with some movies.        

I do save metadata with files. 

Spider-Man Universe (self created collection) https://i.imgur.com/wF0bVRZ.jpg 

Into the Spiderverse is missing, has the alternate universe cut.   

File listing.  https://i.imgur.com/5Ntftaj.png

Collection.xml included 

Spiderverse page  https://i.imgur.com/hEqs8bh.jpg 

That collection.xml is for Star Wars not Spider=Man. 

Edited by Happy2Play

Yes there could potentially be an issue there. Is that the common factor, that this is all related to multi-version movies?

• Like 1

jonboyuk

Yes there could potentially be an issue there. Is that the common factor, that this is all related to multi-version movies?

Absolutely. This only occurs in my collections that contain multi-versions. Some will sit in the collection, others won't.

• Like 1

Traxxus

@@Luke

When there are multi-version files, what determined which version is added to the Collection?  Especially if both files have a nfo.

5ccddd1ff3188_5Ntftaj.png

That collection.xml is for Star Wars not Spider=Man. 

Whoops, here it is, and fixed that post as well. 

Is there a way to see all multi-version movies I have? If there were any easy way to check it would be easier to find offenders, and maybe track down a common factor. 

collection.xml

Edited by Traxxus

Happy2Play

Whoops, here it is, and fixed that post as well. 

Is there a way to see all multi-version movies I have? If there were any easy way to check it would be easier to find offenders, and maybe track down a common factor. 

In your example for Spider-Man if you changed the collection.xml to reflect the Alternate version instead of the Theatrical version and performed a library scan, does it appear in the collection?

Traxxus

In your example for Spider-Man if you changed the collection.xml to reflect the Alternate version instead of the Theatrical version and performed a library scan, does it appear in the collection?

Changed it, it does not show up in collections still. 

Detail4687

Just posting to report I have the same problem. Movies with multiple versions that are saved in the same folder will not move into Collectins (both auto and even after manually adding to a Collection).  In addition, if remove one of the files, it still doesn't work. I must completley remove the movie from Emby and then re-add it to make it work.

Detail4687

As a related-aside: when I add a Collection (such as Spider-man) to another Collection (such as MArvel Movies), the Spider-Man Collection still shows up in Movies, even though I have "group into Collections" turned on.  Is this by design?  I would like to have the first collection (spider-man) not show since it is part of a larger collection (Marvel).  [Also would love to be able to list all the Collections at top of the list, and the individual movies below that.

5cdbc9e217988_Screenshot.jpg

Detail4687

Further testing... 

Adding to Collections doesn't work for any movies, not just those with two versions in the same folder.

alturismo

there where more topics pointing in this direction, collections doesnt really work out especially with multi versions ...

sample https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/58428-collection-boxset-items-missing/

i ended up with cleaning the library and redo all completely, worked out mostly ...

in the end im still pretty sure its a database thingy when movies are there with more then 1 version AND really messed up when renamed when it was already in a collection ...

when i was testing around and moving files in and out with different names for testing it never went good, now after library wipe and never touch a added movie again (naming) its pretty stable,

but this doesnt solve the common error with collections ...

at the start with emby here (move from plex) i renamed all movies here again to 100% match the emby naming schema and i guess that messed emby database up with ghost entries etc ...

had todo this cause emby has a harder time to find the movies here ...