Some movies won't add into a collection

Twistedcloud

Detail4687

Another observation.... the "Auto Box Sets" works when new movies are added to the libary. For example, I added a few "Xmen" movies to the library and they were automatically added to the "X Men Complete Collection" collection, but the problem above still persists, meaning when I manually try to add a movie to a collection it doesn' do so.

Traxxus

there where more topics pointing in this direction, collections doesnt really work out especially with multi versions ...

sample https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/58428-collection-boxset-items-missing/

i ended up with cleaning the library and redo all completely, worked out mostly ...

in the end im still pretty sure its a database thingy when movies are there with more then 1 version AND really messed up when renamed when it was already in a collection ...

when i was testing around and moving files in and out with different names for testing it never went good, now after library wipe and never touch a added movie again (naming) its pretty stable,

but this doesnt solve the common error with collections ...

at the start with emby here (move from plex) i renamed all movies here again to 100% match the emby naming schema and i guess that messed emby database up with ghost entries etc ...

had todo this cause emby has a harder time to find the movies here ...

Might be something to look at, this is something I commonly do only with multiversion movies, rename them after moving them in to the Movies folder, and having autoscan on file change on. 

I think additional concerns with collections should go in a different thread though, this is a pretty specific bug we're talking about. 

Edited by Traxxus

• 2 weeks later...
floppyhat

I'm having the same problem with some multi-version movies (Army of Darkness, Blade Runner) but not with others (Alien, Aliens).

I'm trying to find these collection.xml files you speak of, but there don't seem to be any in the movie folders. Where do they live?

Happy2Play

I'm having the same problem with some multi-version movies (Army of Darkness, Blade Runner) but not with others (Alien, Aliens).

I'm trying to find these collection.xml files you speak of, but there don't seem to be any in the movie folders. Where do they live?

On a Windows system in "\Emby-Server\programdata\data\collections".  Look at Paths section on Dashboard to get a general location.

Edited by Happy2Play

Bazzu85

Hi all,

I'm issuing the same problem with a movie..

If I check the collection I have only 2 film (Iron man 1 and 2)

if I check the xml I have this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<Item>
  <ContentRating>PG-13</ContentRating>
  <Added>05/10/2018 14:13:53</Added>
  <LockData>false</LockData>
  <Overview>Serie basata sul personaggio tratto dal fumetto Iron Man della Marvel Comics e parte della serie Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). Tony Stark, alias Iron Man, è un industriale miliardario a capo delle Stark Industries, produttrici ed esportatrici di armi. Tony è un genio, creativo e folle, e crea un armature composta da un esoscheletro alimentato da un reattore ARC, questo dà vita al personaggio e le sue formidabili avventure. Al suo fianco la sua personale assistente, nonché innamorata, Pepper Potts e il suo assistente Jarvis (il sistema di intelligenza artificiale che governa la villa di Tony).</Overview>
  <LocalTitle>Iron Man - Collezione</LocalTitle>
  <PremiereDate>2008-04-30</PremiereDate>
  <DisplayOrder>PremiereDate</DisplayOrder>
  <ProductionYear>2008</ProductionYear>
  <TmdbId>131292</TmdbId>
  <Genres>
    <Genre>Azione</Genre>
    <Genre>Fantascienza</Genre>
    <Genre>Avventura</Genre>
  </Genres>
  <Studios>
    <Studio>Marvel Studios</Studio>
  </Studios>
  <CollectionItems>
    <CollectionItem>
      <Path>H:\Film\I\Iron Man - Collezione\[2008] Iron Man\Iron Man (2008)\Iron Man (2008) - BDrip.1080p.HEVC.AC3.ITA+ENG+SUB.mkv</Path>
    </CollectionItem>
    <CollectionItem>
      <Path>H:\Film\I\Iron Man - Collezione\[2010] Iron Man 2\Iron Man 2 (2010)\Iron Man 2 (2010) - BDrip.1080p.HEVC.AC3.ITA+ENG+SUB.mkv</Path>
    </CollectionItem>
    <CollectionItem>
      <Path>H:\Film\I\Iron Man - Collezione\[2013] Iron Man 3\Iron Man 3 (2013)\Iron Man 3 (2013) - BDrip.1080p.HEVC.AC3.ITA+ENG+SUB.mkv</Path>
    </CollectionItem>
  </CollectionItems>
</Item>

post-176733-0-92473000-1559415393_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bazzu85

Bazzu85

additionally...

I renamed the movie that won't show in collections, run a full scan and refreshed the collection..

here's the result:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<Item>
  <ContentRating>PG-13</ContentRating>
  <Added>01/06/2019 21:26:22</Added>
  <LockData>false</LockData>
  <Overview>Serie basata sul personaggio tratto dal fumetto Iron Man della Marvel Comics e parte della serie Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). Tony Stark, alias Iron Man, è un industriale miliardario a capo delle Stark Industries, produttrici ed esportatrici di armi. Tony è un genio, creativo e folle, e crea un armature composta da un esoscheletro alimentato da un reattore ARC, questo dà vita al personaggio e le sue formidabili avventure. Al suo fianco la sua personale assistente, nonché innamorata, Pepper Potts e il suo assistente Jarvis (il sistema di intelligenza artificiale che governa la villa di Tony).</Overview>
  <LocalTitle>Iron Man - Collezione</LocalTitle>
  <DisplayOrder>PremiereDate</DisplayOrder>
  <TmdbId>131292</TmdbId>
  <Genres>
    <Genre>Azione</Genre>
    <Genre>Fantascienza</Genre>
    <Genre>Avventura</Genre>
  </Genres>
  <Studios>
    <Studio>Marvel Studios</Studio>
  </Studios>
  <CollectionItems>
    <CollectionItem>
      <Path>H:\Film\I\Iron Man - Collezione\[2008] Iron Man\Iron Man (2008)\Iron Man (2008) - BDrip.1080p.HEVC.AC3.ITA+ENG+SUB.mkv</Path>
    </CollectionItem>
    <CollectionItem>
      <Path>H:\Film\I\Iron Man - Collezione\[2010] Iron Man 2\Iron Man 2 (2010)\Iron Man 2 (2010) - BDrip.1080p.HEVC.AC3.ITA+ENG+SUB.mkv</Path>
    </CollectionItem>
    <CollectionItem>
      <Path>H:\Film\I\Iron Man - Collezione\[2013] Iron Man 3\Iron Man 3 (2013)\Iron Man 3 (2013) - BDrip.1080p.HEVC.AC3.ITA+ENG+SUB3.mkv</Path>
    </CollectionItem>
    <CollectionItem>
      <Path>H:\Film\I\Iron Man - Collezione\[2013] Iron Man 3\Iron Man 3 (2013)\Iron Man 3 (2013) - BDrip.1080p.HEVC.AC3.ITA+ENG+SUB.mkv</Path>
    </CollectionItem>
  </CollectionItems>
</Item>

as you see the Iron Man 3 (2013) - BDrip.1080p.HEVC.AC3.ITA+ENG+SUB3.mkv is added to collection but there something that keep in mind of previous file Iron Man 3 (2013) - BDrip.1080p.HEVC.AC3.ITA+ENG+SUB.mkv

post-176733-0-33900000-1559418681_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bazzu85

If you change the filename of a movie, that doesn't mean the collection will change. You will need to re-add it to the collection. Does that answer your question?

Diedrich

I too have the issue with a movie that won't add to a collection. In my case, I only have one version/quality of Inception (2010).

I tested removal and re-adding the movie to see if I could get it to be recognized in the collection - no dice.

• I removed the movie from the movie library.
  • I scanned the movie library and the collections
  • I went to both the library and collection to make sure that Inception wasn't in either.
  • I re-added Inception back to the movie library and scanned.
  • I then added Inception to the "The Best Movies" collection.
  • Inception still shows in the movie library but isn't in the collection

Server log attached

floppyhat

On a Windows system in "\Emby-Server\programdata\data\collections".  Look at Paths section on Dashboard to get a general location.

Oh, it's on the server — no wonder I couldn't find it. I was looking in the movie folder :)

The Army of Darkness settings.xml was missing the TV version, but all the versions of Blade Runner were in that settings.xml. I'm fairly sure I've done a library rebuild since adding those versions, too, so I'm not sure why one version of Blade Runner is not showing in the collection when the other is…

Bazzu85

If you change the filename of a movie, that doesn't mean the collection will change. You will need to re-add it to the collection. Does that answer your question?

nope @@Luke..

If you watch in the screen the file ending with SUB3 (once added to emby library thruu a full scan and refreshing the collection) is added automaticcaly to the collection and to the xml file..

The collection refresh also took the original file path (witout the 3 ending) when on the server the file doesn't exist..so I'm thinking about some dirty record on the db or cache..

Bazzu85

There's nothing wrong with that.

If you watch the post number #30 (xml and screen) is obvious that the movie is not showing in the collection even adding it manually (to be clear this movie is present in movie section)

The only method to show this movie in the collection is:

1. renaming the movie

2. rescanning the library

3. adding the new entry to the collection

reddraggone9

I ran into this issue with some movies after adding, removing, and renaming files and repeatedly rescanning my library. I ended up doing some poking around in emby's database:

[lee@[member="leela"] ~]$ sudo systemctl stop emby-server.service
[lee@[member="leela"] ~]$ sudo sqlite3 /var/lib/emby/data/library.db
SQLite version 3.28.0 2019-04-16 19:49:53
Enter ".help" for usage hints.
sqlite> select movie.Id, movie.Name, movie.Path from ListItems
   ...> inner join MediaItems as movie on movie.Id = ListItemId
   ...> inner join MediaItems as collection on collection.Id = ListId
   ...> where collection.Name = 'Marvel Cinematic Universe'
   ...> order by movie.Name;
6767|Ant-Man (2015) - 1080p|/home/lee/aux/videos/Movies/Ant-Man (2015)/Ant-Man (2015) - 1080p.mp4
6679|Ant-Man and the Wasp|/home/lee/aux/videos/Movies/Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)/Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018) - 1080p.mp4
6745|Avengers: Age of Ultron|/home/lee/aux/videos/Movies/Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)/Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015) - remux.mkv
6689|Avengers: Infinity War|/home/lee/aux/videos/Movies/Avengers: Infinity War (2018)/Avengers: Infinity War (2018) - 2160p.mkv
6693|Black Panther|/home/lee/aux/videos/Movies/Black Panther (2018)/Black Panther (2018) - 1080p.mp4
6652|Captain America: Civil War|/home/lee/aux/videos/Movies/Captain America: Civil War (2016).mp4
6730|Captain America: The First Avenger|/home/lee/aux/videos/Movies/Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)/Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) - remux.mkv
6741|Captain America: The Winter Soldier|/home/lee/aux/videos/Movies/Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)/Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) - 1080p.mp4
3204|Doctor Strange|/home/lee/aux/videos/Movies/Doctor Strange (2016).mp4
6709|Guardians of the Galaxy|/home/lee/aux/videos/Movies/Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)/Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) - remux.mkv
3203|Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2|/home/lee/aux/videos/Movies/Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017).mp4
6722|Iron Man|/home/lee/aux/videos/Movies/Iron Man (2008)/Iron Man (2008) - remux.mkv
6651|Iron Man 2 (2010) - 1080p|/home/lee/aux/videos/Movies/Iron Man 2 (2010)/Iron Man 2 (2010) - 1080p.mp4
6713|Iron Man 2 (2010) - remux|/home/lee/aux/videos/Movies/Iron Man 2 (2010)/Iron Man 2 (2010) - remux.mkv
6674|Iron Man 3|/home/lee/aux/videos/Movies/Iron Man 3 (2013)/Iron Man 3 (2013) - 1080p.mp4
4301|Spider-Man: Homecoming|/home/lee/aux/videos/Movies/Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017).mkv
6678|The Avengers|/home/lee/aux/videos/Movies/The Avengers (2012)/The Avengers (2012) - 1080p.mp4
6703|The Incredible Hulk (2008) - 1080p|/home/lee/aux/videos/Movies/The Incredible Hulk (2008)/The Incredible Hulk (2008) - 1080p.mp4
6703|The Incredible Hulk (2008) - 1080p|/home/lee/aux/videos/Movies/The Incredible Hulk (2008)/The Incredible Hulk (2008) - 1080p.mp4
6735|Thor|/home/lee/aux/videos/Movies/Thor (2011)/Thor (2011) - 1080p.mp4
6671|Thor: Ragnarok|/home/lee/aux/videos/Movies/Thor: Ragnarok (2017).mp4
6762|Thor: The Dark World|/home/lee/aux/videos/Movies/Thor: The Dark World (2013)/Thor: The Dark World (2013) - remux.mkv
sqlite> delete from MediaItems where Id = 6651;
sqlite> delete from MediaItems where Id = 6713;

Notice the duplicate rows for Iron Man 2 and The Incredible Hulk. Both of those movies show up in my library, but not in my Marvel Cinematic Universe collection. After I removed the offending rows, I rescanned my library and was able to successfully add those movies to the collection. I haven't noticed any adverse effects from screwing around with emby's database, but I wouldn't recommend others follow in my footsteps unless they're willing to delete emby's data and start over.

Bazzu85

I ran into this issue with some movies after adding, removing, and renaming files and repeatedly rescanning my library. I ended up doing some poking around in emby's database:

[lee@[member="leela"] ~]$ sudo systemctl stop emby-server.service
[lee@[member="leela"] ~]$ sudo sqlite3 /var/lib/emby/data/library.db
SQLite version 3.28.0 2019-04-16 19:49:53
Enter ".help" for usage hints.
sqlite> select movie.Id, movie.Name, movie.Path from ListItems
   ...> inner join MediaItems as movie on movie.Id = ListItemId
   ...> inner join MediaItems as collection on collection.Id = ListId
   ...> where collection.Name = 'Marvel Cinematic Universe'
   ...> order by movie.Name;
6767|Ant-Man (2015) - 1080p|/home/lee/aux/videos/Movies/Ant-Man (2015)/Ant-Man (2015) - 1080p.mp4
6679|Ant-Man and the Wasp|/home/lee/aux/videos/Movies/Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)/Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018) - 1080p.mp4
6745|Avengers: Age of Ultron|/home/lee/aux/videos/Movies/Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)/Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015) - remux.mkv
6689|Avengers: Infinity War|/home/lee/aux/videos/Movies/Avengers: Infinity War (2018)/Avengers: Infinity War (2018) - 2160p.mkv
6693|Black Panther|/home/lee/aux/videos/Movies/Black Panther (2018)/Black Panther (2018) - 1080p.mp4
6652|Captain America: Civil War|/home/lee/aux/videos/Movies/Captain America: Civil War (2016).mp4
6730|Captain America: The First Avenger|/home/lee/aux/videos/Movies/Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)/Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) - remux.mkv
6741|Captain America: The Winter Soldier|/home/lee/aux/videos/Movies/Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)/Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) - 1080p.mp4
3204|Doctor Strange|/home/lee/aux/videos/Movies/Doctor Strange (2016).mp4
6709|Guardians of the Galaxy|/home/lee/aux/videos/Movies/Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)/Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) - remux.mkv
3203|Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2|/home/lee/aux/videos/Movies/Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017).mp4
6722|Iron Man|/home/lee/aux/videos/Movies/Iron Man (2008)/Iron Man (2008) - remux.mkv
6651|Iron Man 2 (2010) - 1080p|/home/lee/aux/videos/Movies/Iron Man 2 (2010)/Iron Man 2 (2010) - 1080p.mp4
6713|Iron Man 2 (2010) - remux|/home/lee/aux/videos/Movies/Iron Man 2 (2010)/Iron Man 2 (2010) - remux.mkv
6674|Iron Man 3|/home/lee/aux/videos/Movies/Iron Man 3 (2013)/Iron Man 3 (2013) - 1080p.mp4
4301|Spider-Man: Homecoming|/home/lee/aux/videos/Movies/Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017).mkv
6678|The Avengers|/home/lee/aux/videos/Movies/The Avengers (2012)/The Avengers (2012) - 1080p.mp4
6735|Thor|/home/lee/aux/videos/Movies/Thor (2011)/Thor (2011) - 1080p.mp4
6671|Thor: Ragnarok|/home/lee/aux/videos/Movies/Thor: Ragnarok (2017).mp4
6762|Thor: The Dark World|/home/lee/aux/videos/Movies/Thor: The Dark World (2013)/Thor: The Dark World (2013) - remux.mkv
sqlite> delete from MediaItems where Id = 6651;
sqlite> delete from MediaItems where Id = 6713;

Notice the duplicate rows for Iron Man 2 and The Incredible Hulk. Both of those movies show up in my library, but not in my Marvel Cinematic Universe collection. After I removed the offending rows, I rescanned my library and was able to successfully add those movies to the collection. I haven't noticed any adverse effects from screwing around with emby's database, but I wouldn't recommend others follow in my footsteps unless they're willing to delete emby's data and start over.

following your query I checked my db status with "Iron Man - Collezione" (Iron Man 3 is not showing)

here's the result as "select *"

ListItemEntryId|ListId|ListItemId|ListItemOrder|Id    |guid                            |type|data                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           |ParentId|Path                                                                                                                        |StartDate|EndDate|IsMovie|CommunityRating  |CustomRating|IndexNumber|IsLocked|Name                                                |OfficialRating|MediaType|Overview                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       |ParentIndexNumber|PremiereDate|ProductionYear|Genres                       |SortName                                                                         |ForcedSortName|RunTimeTicks|DateCreated|DateModified|IsSeries|IsRepeat|PreferredMetadataLanguage|PreferredMetadataCountryCode|DateLastRefreshed|DateLastSaved|IsInMixedFolder|LockedFields|Studios       |Tags|IsFolder|InheritedParentalRatingValue|UnratedType|TopParentId|CriticRating|PresentationUniqueKey           |OriginalTitle|IsVirtualItem|SeriesName|UserDataKey|Album|AlbumId|SeriesId|Tagline                                                  |ProviderIds                                    |Images                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         |ProductionLocations     |TotalBitrate|ExtraType|Artists|AlbumArtists|SeriesPresentationUniqueKey|ExternalId|OwnerId|Width|Height|Size      |Container|Id    |guid                            |type|data                                                                                 |ParentId|Path                                                    |StartDate|EndDate|IsMovie|CommunityRating|CustomRating|IndexNumber|IsLocked|Name                 |OfficialRating|MediaType|Overview                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       |ParentIndexNumber|PremiereDate|ProductionYear|Genres                       |SortName            |ForcedSortName|RunTimeTicks|DateCreated|DateModified|IsSeries|IsRepeat|PreferredMetadataLanguage|PreferredMetadataCountryCode|DateLastRefreshed|DateLastSaved|IsInMixedFolder|LockedFields|Studios       |Tags|IsFolder|InheritedParentalRatingValue|UnratedType|TopParentId|CriticRating|PresentationUniqueKey           |OriginalTitle|IsVirtualItem|SeriesName|UserDataKey                         |Album|AlbumId|SeriesId|Tagline|ProviderIds|Images                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         |ProductionLocations|TotalBitrate|ExtraType|Artists|AlbumArtists|SeriesPresentationUniqueKey|ExternalId|OwnerId|Width|Height|Size|Container|
---------------|------|----------|-------------|------|--------------------------------|----|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|--------|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|---------|-------|-------|-----------------|------------|-----------|--------|----------------------------------------------------|--------------|---------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|-----------------|------------|--------------|-----------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|--------------|------------|-----------|------------|--------|--------|-------------------------|----------------------------|-----------------|-------------|---------------|------------|--------------|----|--------|----------------------------|-----------|-----------|------------|--------------------------------|-------------|-------------|----------|-----------|-----|-------|--------|---------------------------------------------------------|-----------------------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|------------------------|------------|---------|-------|------------|---------------------------|----------|-------|-----|------|----------|---------|------|--------------------------------|----|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|--------|--------------------------------------------------------|---------|-------|-------|---------------|------------|-----------|--------|---------------------|--------------|---------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|-----------------|------------|--------------|-----------------------------|--------------------|--------------|------------|-----------|------------|--------|--------|-------------------------|----------------------------|-----------------|-------------|---------------|------------|--------------|----|--------|----------------------------|-----------|-----------|------------|--------------------------------|-------------|-------------|----------|------------------------------------|-----|-------|--------|-------|-----------|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|-------------------|------------|---------|-------|------------|---------------------------|----------|-------|-----|------|----|---------|
           2819|120884|    102395|            0|102395|473054517709DD583EFCCDC8E5151274|   5|{"TmdbCollectionName":"Iron Man - Collezione","AdditionalParts":[],"LocalAlternateVersions":[],"SubtitleFiles":[],"HasSubtitles":true,"RemoteTrailers":[{"Url":"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MIum3bec4o","Name":"Iron Man Trailer Ufficiale"},{"Url":"https|  102394|H:\Film\I\Iron Man - Collezione\[2008] Iron Man\Iron Man (2008)\Iron Man (2008) - BDrip.1080p.HEVC.AC3.ITA+ENG+SUB.mkv      |         |       |       |7.900000095367432|            |           |       0|Iron Man                                            |PG-13         |        1|Anthony Stark è un inventore geniale e miliardario col vizio delle donne (tante) e delle attività filantropiche. Ereditato patrimonio e ingegno dal padre scomparso in un incidente d'auto, Tony (per amici e amichette) conduce e amministra le Industrie Star|                 |  1209506400|          2008|Azione|Fantascienza|Avventura|iron man                                                                         |              | 75616960512| 1547501292|  1547501118|        |        |                         |                            |       1549809786|   1554660103|              0|            |Marvel Studios|    |       0|                           7|          0|      60544|          93|51543047097758dd3efccdc8e5151274|Iron Man     |            0|          |1726       |     |       |        |Gli eroi non nascono, vengono costruiti.                 |Tmdb=1726|Imdb=tt0371746|TmdbCollection=131292 |%MetadataPath%\library\51\51543047097758dd3efccdc8e5151274\poster.jpg*636879926830264333*Primary*0*0*null|%MetadataPath%\library\51\51543047097758dd3efccdc8e5151274\backdrop.jpg*636879927954420193*Backdrop*0*0*null|%MetadataPath%\library\51\51543047097758|United States of America|     4203782|         |       |            |                           |          |       | 1920|   800|3973465723|mkv      |120884|3B63C5AEC996C9456D64DBA5C86D38FC|   9|{"DisplayOrder":"PremiereDate","IsRoot":false,"RemoteTrailers":[],"IsShortcut":false}|   22561|%AppDataPath%\collections\Iron Man - Collezione [boxset]|         |       |       |               |            |           |       0|Iron Man - Collezione|PG-13         |         |Serie basata sul personaggio tratto dal fumetto Iron Man della Marvel Comics e parte della serie Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). Tony Stark, alias Iron Man, è un industriale miliardario a capo delle Stark Industries, produttrici ed esportatrici di armi. |                 |            |              |Azione|Fantascienza|Avventura|iron man  collezione|              |            | 1559417182|-62135596800|        |        |                         |                            |       1560091244|   1560091244|              0|            |Marvel Studios|    |       1|                           7|          0|      22561|            |aec5633b96c945c96d64dba5c86d38fc|             |            0|          |aec5633b-96c9-45c9-6d64-dba5c86d38fc|     |       |        |       |Tmdb=131292|%AppDataPath%\collections\Iron Man - Collezione [boxset]\poster.jpg*636950139903144684*Primary*0*0*null|%AppDataPath%\collections\Iron Man - Collezione [boxset]\fanart.jpg*636950139948474082*Backdrop*0*0*null|%AppDataPath%\collections\Iron Man - Collezion|                   |            |         |       |            |                           |          |       |     |      |    |         |
           2820|120884|    102397|            1|102397|588701E7763AF5C28DCF874DAC2752A0|   5|{"TmdbCollectionName":"Iron Man - Collezione","AdditionalParts":[],"LocalAlternateVersions":[],"SubtitleFiles":[],"HasSubtitles":true,"RemoteTrailers":[{"Url":"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQP3_QCdBAc","Name":"Iron Man 2 : Secondo Trailer in Italiano (|  102396|H:\Film\I\Iron Man - Collezione\[2010] Iron Man 2\Iron Man 2 (2010)\Iron Man 2 (2010) - BDrip.1080p.HEVC.AC3.ITA+ENG+SUB.mkv|         |       |       |                7|            |           |       0|Iron Man 2                                          |PG-13         |        1|Tony Stark è Iron Man e ora, dopo 6 mesi, che la notizia è di pubblico dominio il governo e le compagnie concorrenti, non troppo liete che la pace nel mondo sia mantenuta da un deterrente che non gli appartiene, tentano di appropriarsi dell'armatura: "Ho |                 |  1272405600|          2010|Avventura|Azione|Fantascienza|iron man 0000000002                                                              |              | 74791682048| 1547501390|  1547501118|        |        |                         |                            |       1549809789|   1554739380|              0|            |Marvel Studios|    |       0|                           7|          0|      60544|          73|e70187583a76c2f58dcf874dac2752a0|Iron Man 2   |            0|          |10138      |     |       |        |Non è l'armatura che fa l'eroe, ma l'uomo al suo interno.|Tmdb=10138|Imdb=tt1228705|TmdbCollection=131292|%MetadataPath%\library\e7\e70187583a76c2f58dcf874dac2752a0\poster.jpg*636879926829074348*Primary*0*0*null|%MetadataPath%\library\e7\e70187583a76c2f58dcf874dac2752a0\backdrop.jpg*636903348119722057*Backdrop*0*0*null|%MetadataPath%\library\e7\e70187583a76c2|United States of America|     4271350|         |       |            |                           |          |       | 1920|   816|3993268494|mkv      |120884|3B63C5AEC996C9456D64DBA5C86D38FC|   9|{"DisplayOrder":"PremiereDate","IsRoot":false,"RemoteTrailers":[],"IsShortcut":false}|   22561|%AppDataPath%\collections\Iron Man - Collezione [boxset]|         |       |       |               |            |           |       0|Iron Man - Collezione|PG-13         |         |Serie basata sul personaggio tratto dal fumetto Iron Man della Marvel Comics e parte della serie Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). Tony Stark, alias Iron Man, è un industriale miliardario a capo delle Stark Industries, produttrici ed esportatrici di armi. |                 |            |              |Azione|Fantascienza|Avventura|iron man  collezione|              |            | 1559417182|-62135596800|        |        |                         |                            |       1560091244|   1560091244|              0|            |Marvel Studios|    |       1|                           7|          0|      22561|            |aec5633b96c945c96d64dba5c86d38fc|             |            0|          |aec5633b-96c9-45c9-6d64-dba5c86d38fc|     |       |        |       |Tmdb=131292|%AppDataPath%\collections\Iron Man - Collezione [boxset]\poster.jpg*636950139903144684*Primary*0*0*null|%AppDataPath%\collections\Iron Man - Collezione [boxset]\fanart.jpg*636950139948474082*Backdrop*0*0*null|%AppDataPath%\collections\Iron Man - Collezion|                   |            |         |       |            |                           |          |       |     |      |    |         |
           2821|120884|    111558|            2|111558|73079B5BE84B801255EBF225A15976CD|  18|{"AdditionalParts":[],"LocalAlternateVersions":[],"SubtitleFiles":[],"HasSubtitles":true,"RemoteTrailers":[],"IsShortcut":false}                                                                                                                               |        |H:\Film\I\Iron Man - Collezione\[2013] Iron Man 3\Iron Man 3 (2013)\Iron Man 3 (2013) - BDrip.1080p.HEVC.AC3.ITA+ENG+SUB.mkv|         |       |       |7.199999809265137|            |           |       0|Iron Man 3 (2013) - BDrip.1080p.HEVC.AC3.ITA+ENG+SUB|IT-T          |        1|Sono passati più di dieci anni da quando, nel corso di una serata in Svizzera, il miliardario genio-e-sregolatezza Tony Stark s'intratteneva con la bella Maya Hansen e lasciava sul tetto, in vana attesa, il visionario Aldrich Killian, desideroso di contar|                 |  1366236000|          2013|Azione|Avventura|Fantascienza|iron man 0000000003 (0000002013)  bdrip 0000001080p hevc ac0000000003 ita eng sub|              | 78328963072| 1547501490|  1547501118|        |        |                         |                            |       1557079132|   1557079139|              1|            |              |    |       0|                           0|          9|           |            |5b9b07734be8128055ebf225a15976cd|             |            0|          |68721      |     |       |        |                                                         |Tmdb=68721|Imdb=tt1300854|TmdbCollection=131292|%MetadataPath%\library\52\52ab29e072d5a603ae9bd625501a2d80\poster.jpg*636926759355079886*Primary*0*0*null|%MetadataPath%\library\52\52ab29e072d5a603ae9bd625501a2d80\backdrop.jpg*636926759356019863*Backdrop*0*0*null|%MetadataPath%\library\52\52ab29e072d5a6|                        |     4200289|         |       |            |                           |          |       | 1920|   800|4112553818|mkv      |120884|3B63C5AEC996C9456D64DBA5C86D38FC|   9|{"DisplayOrder":"PremiereDate","IsRoot":false,"RemoteTrailers":[],"IsShortcut":false}|   22561|%AppDataPath%\collections\Iron Man - Collezione [boxset]|         |       |       |               |            |           |       0|Iron Man - Collezione|PG-13         |         |Serie basata sul personaggio tratto dal fumetto Iron Man della Marvel Comics e parte della serie Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). Tony Stark, alias Iron Man, è un industriale miliardario a capo delle Stark Industries, produttrici ed esportatrici di armi. |                 |            |              |Azione|Fantascienza|Avventura|iron man  collezione|              |            | 1559417182|-62135596800|        |        |                         |                            |       1560091244|   1560091244|              0|            |Marvel Studios|    |       1|                           7|          0|      22561|            |aec5633b96c945c96d64dba5c86d38fc|             |            0|          |aec5633b-96c9-45c9-6d64-dba5c86d38fc|     |       |        |       |Tmdb=131292|%AppDataPath%\collections\Iron Man - Collezione [boxset]\poster.jpg*636950139903144684*Primary*0*0*null|%AppDataPath%\collections\Iron Man - Collezione [boxset]\fanart.jpg*636950139948474082*Backdrop*0*0*null|%AppDataPath%\collections\Iron Man - Collezion|                   |            |         |       |            |                           |          |       |     |      |    |         |
           2822|120884|    111558|            3|111558|73079B5BE84B801255EBF225A15976CD|  18|{"AdditionalParts":[],"LocalAlternateVersions":[],"SubtitleFiles":[],"HasSubtitles":true,"RemoteTrailers":[],"IsShortcut":false}                                                                                                                               |        |H:\Film\I\Iron Man - Collezione\[2013] Iron Man 3\Iron Man 3 (2013)\Iron Man 3 (2013) - BDrip.1080p.HEVC.AC3.ITA+ENG+SUB.mkv|         |       |       |7.199999809265137|            |           |       0|Iron Man 3 (2013) - BDrip.1080p.HEVC.AC3.ITA+ENG+SUB|IT-T          |        1|Sono passati più di dieci anni da quando, nel corso di una serata in Svizzera, il miliardario genio-e-sregolatezza Tony Stark s'intratteneva con la bella Maya Hansen e lasciava sul tetto, in vana attesa, il visionario Aldrich Killian, desideroso di contar|                 |  1366236000|          2013|Azione|Avventura|Fantascienza|iron man 0000000003 (0000002013)  bdrip 0000001080p hevc ac0000000003 ita eng sub|              | 78328963072| 1547501490|  1547501118|        |        |                         |                            |       1557079132|   1557079139|              1|            |              |    |       0|                           0|          9|           |            |5b9b07734be8128055ebf225a15976cd|             |            0|          |68721      |     |       |        |                                                         |Tmdb=68721|Imdb=tt1300854|TmdbCollection=131292|%MetadataPath%\library\52\52ab29e072d5a603ae9bd625501a2d80\poster.jpg*636926759355079886*Primary*0*0*null|%MetadataPath%\library\52\52ab29e072d5a603ae9bd625501a2d80\backdrop.jpg*636926759356019863*Backdrop*0*0*null|%MetadataPath%\library\52\52ab29e072d5a6|                        |     4200289|         |       |            |                           |          |       | 1920|   800|4112553818|mkv      |120884|3B63C5AEC996C9456D64DBA5C86D38FC|   9|{"DisplayOrder":"PremiereDate","IsRoot":false,"RemoteTrailers":[],"IsShortcut":false}|   22561|%AppDataPath%\collections\Iron Man - Collezione [boxset]|         |       |       |               |            |           |       0|Iron Man - Collezione|PG-13         |         |Serie basata sul personaggio tratto dal fumetto Iron Man della Marvel Comics e parte della serie Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). Tony Stark, alias Iron Man, è un industriale miliardario a capo delle Stark Industries, produttrici ed esportatrici di armi. |                 |            |              |Azione|Fantascienza|Avventura|iron man  collezione|              |            | 1559417182|-62135596800|        |        |                         |                            |       1560091244|   1560091244|              0|            |Marvel Studios|    |       1|                           7|          0|      22561|            |aec5633b96c945c96d64dba5c86d38fc|             |            0|          |aec5633b-96c9-45c9-6d64-dba5c86d38fc|     |       |        |       |Tmdb=131292|%AppDataPath%\collections\Iron Man - Collezione [boxset]\poster.jpg*636950139903144684*Primary*0*0*null|%AppDataPath%\collections\Iron Man - Collezione [boxset]\fanart.jpg*636950139948474082*Backdrop*0*0*null|%AppDataPath%\collections\Iron Man - Collezion|                   |            |         |       |            |                           |          |       |     |      |    |         |

@@Luke , as you see the iron man 3 entry is duplicated under the collection..and is not showing..

making a text difference the only difference between the 2 iron man 3 entry is on ListItemEntryId and ListItemOrder.

If you want I can try to delete the fourth record with ListItemEntryId 2822 ..

Edited by Bazzu85

Bazzu85

Continuing exploring the content with this query

select movie.Id, movie.Name, movie.Path 
from ListItems
inner join MediaItems as movie on movie.Id = ListItemId
inner join MediaItems as collection on collection.Id = ListId
group by collection.name , movie.path having count(*) > 1
order by movie.Name;

you can find the movies not showing in collections..

the result for me is:

Id    |Name                                                                 |Path                                                                                                                                                                     |
------|---------------------------------------------------------------------|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
110631|Avengers - Infinity War (2018) - BDrip.1080p.HEVC.AC3+DTS.ITA+ENG+SUB|H:\Film\A\Avengers - Collezione\[2018] Avengers - Infinity War\Avengers - Infinity War (2018)\Avengers - Infinity War (2018) - BDrip.1080p.HEVC.AC3+DTS.ITA+ENG+SUB.mkv  |
 97653|Tartarughe Ninja (2014) - BDrip.1080p.AC3+TRUEHD.ITA+ENG+SUB         |H:\Film\T\Tartarughe Ninja - Giorni Moderni - Collezione\[2014] Tartarughe Ninja\Tartarughe Ninja (2014)\Tartarughe Ninja (2014) - BDrip.1080p.AC3+TRUEHD.ITA+ENG+SUB.mkv|

both movies are not showing in relative collections (checking xml of collection is present but not in emby server, see screenshots for Avengers collections)..

linking to my previous post..

deleting the "iron man 3" entry from the table "MediaItems" (id 111558) resolve the problem..the movie is now showing in all collection i'd added to (iron man collection, marvel cinematic universe collection)

it's clear there's some trash into the db..

post-176733-0-36116000-1560099929_thumb.jpg

post-176733-0-56263200-1560099936_thumb.jpg

That's great info, thanks. I can prevent the duplicates from happening again. I'm not sure yet how that's causing the movie to not show at all, but i should be able to get to the bottom of that.

reddraggone9

It may be worth noting that I later noticed that Ant-Man wasn't showing up in the collection either, despite not showing up with duplicate rows for that query. Seems like all of the movies that I had problems with had "<name> (<year>) - <version>" in the Name column. That matches how the files are named:

The ones that do show up in the collection don't have the year or version in the Name column, despite the Path still containing the year and version:

Deleting the Ant-Man MediaItem row and rescanning my library again let me successfully add it to the collection.

Thanks for the info. Right now I don't believe the duplicates are the cause, although that's a good thing to prevent in the future anyway, so thank you for that info. I think what is happening is by deleting it from the database you're causing it to be re-scanned into the library as if it were brand new. That tell me there is some other data from the previous row that must have been incorrect and this is getting cleaned up by re-importing it as a fresh item.

PenkethBoy

No change

have collections with valid movie paths added and the still dont show up with .15 and a library scan and forced refresh of collection

No change

have collections with valid movie paths added and the still dont show up with .15 and a library scan and forced refresh of collection

Are they multi-version movies?

Happy2Play

No change

No - single version

What is your test scenario?  From a single movies stand point I have not seen a issue.

PenkethBoy

i have an existing collection that would not populate with certain movies

have removed the movies and re added them - still dont show - in latest beta .15

Its a database issue i believe related to movies being multi in the past and not now - emby not clearing up after itself - leaving ghost records in the db

not had time to work through the issue to document yet

but the new changes do not cover all situations

What do you mean multi in the past? You mean it used to have mulitple versions?