Double Prompt on resume

smitopher
Go to solution Solved by xnappo,

smitopher

I'm running 0.9  git download today (04/29)

When selecting a video in that is marked as partially watched, I get prompted twice on whether I want to resume or restart.  Is there a setting I'm missing?

I'm very pleased with the performance and functionality so far and look forward to any and all new features.

• Solution
xnappo

Set the XBMC setting 'Video'->'File Lists'->'Default Select Action' to 'Resume'.  It will then work as you expect.

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

xnappo

+1.  The XBMC resume information comes from the XBMC database.  Feel free the remove the 'resume' code from 'def PLAY' and figure out how to get it working natively.  I spend at least 5 hours trying. Maybe you will have more luck.  I have no desire to look at it - the work-around is fine for me.

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

xnappo

One more comment on this - a large part of the reason for it is so that skin 'resume' icons will show up correctly.  Now that we are heavily developing custom skins, it would be possible to use a much more direct means of displaying resume status.

xnappo

xnappo

I agree - I just wanted to leave a few crumbs as to why things are the way they are for posterity's sake. 

xnappo

Edited by xnappo