Libraries and Metadata Manager out of sync

aaronlkh

aaronlkh

Hi,

After upgrading to v4, I made a mistake in creating duplicated new media libraries by clicking the Ok multiple times when it didn't seem to respond. Then I deleted the duplicated ones thinking the problem would be solved. Nope. While there is no more duplicated media libraries, all the earlier duplicated ones still appear in Metadata Manager and my home screen. I even deleted the new media library but all the duplicated media libraries are still in Metadata Manager and my home screen. For clarity's sake, here is a list of things that I've tried but nothing helped.

1. Delete duplicated media libraries

2. Delete the newly created media library

3. Scan all libraries and restart the Emby server (done multiple times)

4. Restore a backup done before upgrading to v4 (no longer a Premium user)

If it's simply because Restore works only for Premium users, the solution is easy. I just want to make sure that before renewing my Premium membership.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

Aaron

Hi there, i think you may end up having to delete the original one as well, run a scan, and then you can add it back. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

aaronlkh

Hi Luke. Thanks for the prompt reply. My #2 is actually referring to the original one I initially created. It's been deleted from the media library but its ghost, along with all the duplicated ones, appears in the metadata manager and my home screen. Any idea?

Best regards,

Aaron

@@aaronlkh shutdown down Emby and then zip up your library.db file.

restart Emby

Now PM the library.zip file as a GROUP PM here in the forums.

Send it to Luke, cayars, MikePlanet and reference this thread URL so we know what it's in reference to.

We can then take a look at exactly what went wrong in the DB and see if we can fix it up for you or let you know what to do on your side to fix it.

Let us know if you don't understand how to do any part of what I just mentioned.

Carlo

Nope sorry I don't but if it's anything like the windows version you should be able to get an idea looking at the bottom of the dashboard in Emby.  For example I see:

Logs:
C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\logs
my library.db is in
C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\data

so it's just a matter of changing the last directory in that path.  Maybe is similar for Qnap.  Worth a check.

Carlo

aaronlkh

Hi Carlo,

Thanks for the info! I'm checking with Qnap to see where the default library location of an app is. Your info will be handy when I get their answer.

Thanks a lot!

Aaron

PenkethBoy

on a QNAP

the path will be similar to 

/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata/data

you will need putty or winSCP to access this path as the qnap filemanager cannot

• Like 1