Don't show Next Up when no TV has been watched yet

Richard Branches

Richard Branches

"Next Up" is always there, showing up TV show episodes to start watching, but I would like to see it appear automatically only when I finish watching a TV show episode (usually S01E01 or the first ever aired) to continue watching the episode that follows, similar as to how the "Play Next" channel for Android TV operates, which now appears only when something is added to it. if I start watching an episode of another TV show, then the next one to watch should start showing up there as well.

The idea is to only display the TV shows I'm watching.

For example, "Next Up" is hidden and I start watching the episode 1 of the first season of "Smallville", once that episode finishes, "Next Up" appears automatically displaying episode 2 so I can start watching it from there without having to go inside the TV show.

I know some people would like to see it always there so adding an option in settings to be always shown would be great.

Edited by Richard Branches

Happy2Play

Yes there is a quirk for New users that have no watched media and Next Up displays every Series until you watch your first episdoe.  Then Next Up only tracks your watched series.  From then on if you don't have any unwatched episodes in the series you are watching Next Up will disappear.  At least it does for me.

Unless you are one of the few that has the rogue Next Up item that has no watched episodes but that is a issue that is being looked at.

My example is only for the web client, I can not speak for other clients.

Edited by Happy2Play

Richard Branches

Please, delete this comment. 

Edited by Richard Branches

Richard Branches

Yes there is a quirk for New users that have no watched media and Next Up displays every Series until you watch your first episode.  Then Next Up only tracks your watched series.  From then on if you don't have any unwatched episodes in the series you are watching Next Up will disappear.  At least it does for me.

I can confirm it does what you say.

Unless you are one of the few that has the rogue Next Up item that has no watched episodes but that is a issue that is being looked at.

So it only needs to do what I'm requesting, to be hidden until I start watching something.

My example is only for the web client, I can not speak for other clients.

I guess it's the same for every one of them, I'm on Android TV and Android Mobile and I see the same behavior.

• 10 months later...
Richard Branches

I don't know when you fixed this but I just found out it's working as I requested, thank you so much, don't forget to mark it as "completed".