Network Credentials Missing

georgewill76

georgewill76

Hi

Now that I have upgraded my Emby Server to 4.0.0.2 I thought I should refresh my Kodi device.  After reading posts here I have installed the Emby for Kodi beta app.  I am currently using version 3.1.44a.  This is my first time setting up the app after all the new changes introduced.  When I was using the stable version there was a section for me to add my network credentials as I always had problems with initial scan as it said it couldnt find location, so I would add my network credentials.  With version 3.1.44a I cant find anywhere to add my network credentials.  On the github page under settings it says there should be a section in Playback Network credentials: This will take you through the process of setting up your Samba(SMB) access credentials for your network. Samba is the protocol used by Windows file sharing but I don't have that option.

Please can you help.

Angelblue05

Wiki will be updated by next week.

Use Kodi's internal logic, go via add-ons > install from zip > navigate to your content via smb.

I removed this because it caused more issues than it fixed.

georgewill76

Without network credentials when I click to update library it says it cant find location to smb:\\myserver\movies.  I have setup (Optional) Shared network folder on all my folders but still cant scan any of my libraries.

Angelblue05

@@georgewill76

You can still accomplish what the add-on used to provide in the past.

In your Kodi userdata > create a passwords.xml file.

Then you'll want to add this to the file, filled with your emby optional network path, restart Kodi to load the changes, then try to play your content

<path>
    <from pathversion="1">smb://optional/network/path</from>
    <to pathversion="1">smb://user:pass@optional/network/path</to>
</path>
Edited by Angelblue05

georgewill76

Hi Angelblue05

Created a passwords.xml file and put into root of userdata folder with details as shown below.  I setup a clean install of kodi and the emby app.  When the sync starts it still says it cant find the location:

<passwords>
    <path>
        <from pathversion="1">smb://MEDIASERVER/4K Movies</from>
        <to pathversion="1">smb://MEDIASERVER:*******@MEDIASERVER/4K Movies/</to>
    </path>
    <path>
        <from pathversion="1">smb://MEDIASERVER/Movies</from>
        <to pathversion="1">smb://MEDIASERVER:******@MEDIASERVER/Movies/</to>
    </path>
    <path>
        <from pathversion="1">smb://MEDIASERVER/New Releases</from>
        <to pathversion="1">smb://MEDIASERVER:******@MEDIASERVER/New Releases/</to>
    </path>
    <path>
        <from pathversion="1">smb://MEDIASERVER/TV Shows</from>
        <to pathversion="1">smb://MEDIASERVER:******@MEDIASERVER/TV Shows/</to>
    </path>
</passwords>

I seem to be having the same issue.  In Settings | Files I add an SMB source pointing to my NAS, with credentials, but it does not seem to work anymore with EmbyServer 4.02 and the EmbyKodi add-on beta version.

I know that Kodi can see my media since I can play MKV files, but just not folder rips (BDMV or VIDEO_TS)

• 1 month later...
richardvrusso

Hi George,

How's this for a possible fix/solution. I have the same issue, even on previous versions. What I tried and seems to be working, I went to file manager and added the SMB share. So now I have IP or name and network creds entered. I verified going thru the file manager playing a MKV. Then I restarted Kodi and no error. I also verified in the emby dash that I was playing the MKV with "direct play".

Regards,

Rich

ProphetSe7en

I cant get this to work.

I can start a movie using the file manager

smb://192.168.86.35/media/movies

In emby server:

D:\Shares\Media\Movies

\\192.168.86.35\Media\Movies

What am i doing wrong? It was so much easier when I could just add it to emby for kodi.

Angelblue05

@@ProphetSe7en

It might have been easier back then, but it also was not working correctly for most.

Can you provide a Kodi log? Enable Kodi debug (I'm assuming you are using native playback mode).

ProphetSe7en

I think I got it working. Turns out I had to add smb in windows features. Will take a closer look when I get back home :)

• Like 1