BDMV rips not playing on Emby 4.02 with EmbyKodi beta add-on

shoek

Hi,

I recently upgraded to EmbyServer 4.02 (on QNAP x64 NAS) and my client (an nVidia Shield) to Kodi Leia RC5.

I updated the Emby add-on to the beta channel 3.1.44a

I did a full reset of the Kodi database

After doing that, none of my BDMV rips (loose files in the Blu-ray folder structure) would play.  

I noticed that the path to the item was different in 3.1.xx vs 3.0.34

In 3.1.xx - DOES NOT PLAY

\\QNAP\Movies\First Man

In 3.0.34 - WORKS FINE

\\QNAP\Movies\First Man\BDMV\index.bdmv

NOTE: I can play MKV files just fine, so I know it is not a server access issue.

Does anyone else have this problem?  How can I troubleshoot?

Thanks,

-Steve

Here is a log of EmbyForKodi doing a full sync of my movies, then trying to play First Man

I did get a warning at the beginning of the sync about not being able to access the SMB path, even though I can access it in Kodi via the Files tool as well as the Add-Ons install from ZIP

I know I can access the SMB share because I can play MKV TV shows just fine

kodi.log

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@@shoek

Ok I see where maybe things are not detecting properly. Can you check the webclient, navigate to the title, check the media info at the bottom. You'll see an entry named Container, what does it say? If you are unsure, just post a screenshot. Thank you

\\QNAP\Blu-ray\Movies\First Man\BDMV\index.bdmv

\\QNAP\Blu-ray\Movies\First Man\BDMV\STREAM\00000.m2ts

Almost all of my BDMV rips are movie-only (using ClownBD tool).  This all worked great in Emby 3.5 and EmbyForKodi 3.x (stable).

It is almost as if the scanner is not looking inside the folder for the index.bdmv file

• Like 1

I think it's just an issue with the upgrade from 3.5. new titles added to your library should be fine. Try removing your movies library from emby server, then running a full library scan, then adding it back. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

• Like 1

@@Luke yes this seemed to do the trick.  Instead of renaming the folder I removed my library and rebuilt it.  

It works now in Emby app, and when I get home I will test in EmbyForKodi

Will the upgrade issue be fixed?  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same problem here.

Emby 4.1.0.9 (Windows10)

12 different DTS Music Demo BDs.

Same folder structure:

\BDMV\index.bdmv

\BDMV\STREAM\00000.m2ts

It plays, but only one file, for every BD it's a different one (DTS Music Demo Vol. xx\BDMV\STREAM\0000x.m2ts).

I can't skip, no menu, just one file.

Same with Emby Web (Firefox), Emby for Kodi and Android App.

I tried removing the folders, then running a full library scan, then adding them back and did again a library scan.

Some ideas?