A couple of issues noticed after Upgrade to 4.0.0.2

bobaldis

bobaldis

As requested posting issues found so far for investigation:

One thing that seems to have gone amiss (it could be a setting changed in the update, if so please point me in the right direction) but I was watching a series of training video's, each topic had a folder with multiple videos in it and as well as displaying the number of unwatched videos on the folder thumbnail, I could filter out the watched folders, this made watching the next video/topic so simple. Now the the unwatched filter is not working and the folders do not show the number of unwatched videos left.

In case it's platform relevant, I'm running Emby Server (Premiere) on a Synology NAS, I'm using the FireTV App to watch the content, but notice the Web page also doesn't indicate watched/unwatched status until you go into each folder (I'm not sure if this was there or before as I use the FireTV predominantly).

Any help in resolving this would be appreciated as it made picking up on the next video so easy and intuitive.

Update - Just noticed "VTS.." files appearing on the Dashboard and Movies page after update rather than the film itself?

Regards,

Bob

@@bobaldis, regarding this:

Update - Just noticed "VTS.." files appearing on the Dashboard and Movies page after update rather than the film itself?

Can you give an example and show screenshots? And what does your folder structure look like? I'm just not sure what's going on there. Thanks !

bobaldis

Hi Luke,

VTS Issues:

1st Screenshot - How displayed on "Movies" screen etc.

5c4ba89fa76b1_VTSIssues.png

2nd Screenshot - "Trade" folder directly under top level "Films" folder.

5c4ba8b2233d5_VTSIssues2.png

3rd Screenshot - Contents of "Trade"

5c4ba8c578352_VTSIssues3.png

In case it has a bearing although screenshots from SMB Share visible to my PC, Emby uses the NFS Share - "NFS://volume1/Films"

As I say this is only since the upgrade prior to that there was no issue.

Folder issues:

1st Screenshot - All that is indicated is that they are folders, it showed the number of unwatched items.

5c4ba8e2bd329_FoldersIssues.png

2nd Screenshot - Folder path.

5c4ba91e601af_FoldersIssues2.png

Again this was great before the update, I could see at a glance how many videos were unwatched in a folder and hide folders with no unwatched content. 

Cheers,

Bob

The server is a little more strict with DVD folders now. it needs to actually be structured like a valid dvd folder structure.

That means under the Trade folder you need to have a VIDEO_TS sub-folder, and then move all of the dvd files into that. Once you've done that, then run a library scan.

Regarding the indicators, this is just a decision that we made, but it is always possible to have options for this.

bobaldis

The server is a little more strict with DVD folders now. it needs to actually be structured like a valid dvd folder structure.

That means under the Trade folder you need to have a VIDEO_TS sub-folder, and then move all of the dvd files into that. Once you've done that, then run a library scan.

Thanks Luke,

Sorry if I missed any upgrade notes regarding this, would it be possible if the Library Scan finds "orphan" VTS files, it notifies the user of the suggested fix?

Bob

bobaldis

Regarding the indicators, this is just a decision that we made, but it is always possible to have options for this.

Hi Luke,

OK, but don't totally understand why you would remove a feature providing useful information, I would really appreciate being able to enable it as it makes a huge difference to usability.

But altering the display shouldn't affect the ability to filter/hide the folders with watched content ?

Bob

bobaldis

Thanks Luke,

Sorry if I missed any upgrade notes regarding this, would it be possible if the Library Scan finds "orphan" VTS files, it notifies the user of the suggested fix?

Bob

Confirm, this fixes the VTS files issue, but still believe a notification with suggested solution would help other users with same issue.

Bob

I agree, I honestly just forgot about this with the 4.0 release notes. This one person during the beta period, and now with you that's a grand total of two, I just completely forgot about this. Thanks.

bobaldis

Hi Luke,

OK, but don't totally understand why you would remove a feature providing useful information, I would really appreciate being able to enable it as it makes a huge difference to usability.

But altering the display shouldn't affect the ability to filter/hide the folders with watched content ?

Bob

Hi Luke,

just in case you think this is fully resolved the item in bold is still outstanding.

Bob

bobaldis

Hi Luke,

just in case you think this is fully resolved the item in bold is still outstanding.

Bob

Hi Luke,

Any luck?

Bob

We don't have an option to restore the indicators, but it's something we can potentially look at in the future. I apologize for changing this on you. We have a hard job trying to make everyone as happy as we can.

bobaldis

We don't have an option to restore the indicators, but it's something we can potentially look at in the future. I apologize for changing this on you. We have a hard job trying to make everyone as happy as we can.

Hi Luke,

Sorry that is not what I was asking an update on as I'd already accepted you'd removed them and would look to restore the option in a future update.

The request for an update was regarding the "But altering the display shouldn't affect the ability to filter/hide the folders with watched content ?" which I've since messaged you about as I also found another part of the system (next unwatched from the home screen) which is not behaving as it should with regards to the "watched" status.

Bob 

bobaldis

Yes you're absolutely correct that it should not affect filtering.

Hi Luke,

This response is a little unclear, does it mean you're investigating both "watched" issues/bugs or just acknowledging but not attempting to fix? 

Bob

bobaldis

Hi Luke,

Unfortunately I'm not seeing any change in behaviour, I've also restarted the Server to see if that helps but no luck.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

I think I need help understanding what your open issues still are, besides the indicators that you would like to be added back.

Have you updated your dvd folder structure?

bobaldis

Hi Luke,

Yes thanks, DVD structure now correct and no more VTS thumbnails :)

I don't think I can explain it anymore than I already have earlier in this thread, basically it's to do with the "watched" status not doing what it should on certain screens/circumstances.

BTW I've updated to Version 4.0.3.0 and there is no change.

Cheers,

Bob