Nividia Shield Emby server wont start

Pain
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Emby has been running good for me sense I installed last week. Today I rebooted my router and now when I enable Enby server it doesn't give me the IP and its seems to not even connect. I reinstall the server with still no luck.

The internal router IP did change but Emby still wont show a IP on startup..

Edited by Pain

it doesn't give me the IP

Hi there, can you explain what exactly you mean by this? Thanks !

I don't no how else to explain it.. When starting the server it shows server started but it does not display the IP on the server screen like it normally does.

I did bind the local IP in Embty the other day is the only thing I can think of. But I can not unbind it without the server running with a UI..

I did bind the local IP in Embty the other day is the only thing I can think of. But I can not unbind it without the server running with a UI..

Yes perhaps this setting is now blocking your access? Can you uninstall and start fresh?

Start fresh? Does that mean I would have to redo everything from scratch? Is there a files I can edit or at least database I can download. from the files?

If you can locate the server's program data folder, then under that there's /config/system.xml

You could remove your bind setting there and then start up the server.

That worked thank you. Scared me for a minute lol.. Can I ask you another question? My brother was having streaming issues from me yesterday. Lots of buffering, is there anything I can do on my end or his end to improve that? I have fiber optic 100 up and down and he has cable 200 down. There should be no buffering at all? I hate to throw around the word Plex here but we had no problems buffering for the most part. I am trying to switch from Plex to Emby. So far I am very happy with Emby and 100% for the tech support thank you. 

Hi,

Here is a couple logs from last night. The user that is having problems is Medlins. This time the show "Real Time With Bill Maher" just stopped working and then was unplayable. It would not play, I don't recall the error it gave him. I have Emby on Nvidia Shield with a NAS and my brother Medlins has a Roku 3. He has buffering issues also.

logs.zip

@@Pain i would suggest having your brother lower the in-app quality setting in the Roku app. The default might just be too much for the network connection to handle. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

He tried it again the next day without any changes and he had no issues. I was wondering about the transcoding thread count. I have it set to auto should I leave it like that? Emby is on Nvidia Shield. Thanks

• Solution

I would leave it on auto. I think the main concern here is network bandwidth, not server resource utilization.

• Like 1