Problem repairing music library

Maboz
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

I had added a music library with Emby 3.5.3, a lot of artists were wrongly recognized on musicbrainz, and the bogus data added to kodi by Emby for Kodi, so a bunch of artists are not properly recognized by kodi.

Now I updated to Emby 4, did a Emby rescan and now it properly recognized most of the artists in Emby. Though Emby for Kodi doesn't seem to update those artists in Kodi.

I tried to Repair the Music Library in Emby for Kodi, but I get this error:

10:33:07.730 T:3052  NOTICE: EMBY.entrypoint.default -> path:  params: {}
10:33:13.560 T:4552  NOTICE: EMBY.entrypoint.default -> path: ?mode=managelibs params: {
                                                "mode": "managelibs"
                                            }
10:33:17.897 T:4124  NOTICE: EMBY.entrypoint.default -> path: ?mode=updatelibs params: {
                                                "mode": "updatelibs"
                                            }
10:33:24.578 T:8720  NOTICE: EMBY.database -> ERROR:: type: <class 'helper.exceptions.LibraryException'> value:
10:33:24.626 T:8720  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
10:33:24.626 T:8720  NOTICE: EMBY.library -> ERROR::
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "D:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\library.py", line 532, in add_library
                                                FullSync(self, library_id, update=update)
                                              File "D:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\full_sync.py", line 62, in __init__
                                                self.start()
                                              File "D:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\full_sync.py", line 158, in start
                                                self.process_library(library)
                                              File "D:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\full_sync.py", line 215, in process_library
                                                media[library['CollectionType']](library)
                                              File "D:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\helper\wrapper.py", line 38, in wrapper
                                                result = func(self, dialog=dialog, *args, **kwargs)
                                              File "D:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\full_sync.py", line 368, in music
                                                for items in server.get_artists(library['Id'], False, self.sync['RestorePoint'].get('params')):
                                              File "D:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\downloader.py", line 201, in get_artists
                                                for items in _get_items(query, server_id):
                                              File "D:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\helper\wrapper.py", line 95, in wrapper
                                                raise LibraryException("StopCalled")
                                            LibraryException
10:33:25.231 T:6692  NOTICE: EMBY.entrypoint.default -> path: ?mode=managelibs params: {
                                                "mode": "managelibs"
                                            }

What should I do to make Kodi pick up the updated artists?

sualfred

Have you updated to the Emby for Kodi beta addon? If not, please do it and perform a complete database reset. This is required for Emby 4.

Have you updated to the Emby for Kodi beta addon? If not, please do it and perform a complete database reset. This is required for Emby 4.

Yes, I already did that some time ago, but I did the database reset when the server was 3.5.3 yet, so artist info was wrong at that time. Should I reset the database again (it takes quite some time)

It did it, not sure why it didn't work at the previous restart, now it properly synced all artists and Kodi recognizes them... It's a mistery.

Thanks for the help, you can close this thread.

• Like 1