Plugins Update Notifications Not Displaying In Dashboard

blakeusblade

blakeusblade
I'm experiencing an issue where the dashboard isn't showing me plugin updates notifications. No failed attempts or any notifications what so ever about plugins.

I was on v3 which also had this issue. I've just performed the emby server 4 update and I've noticed that this issue has lingered since the previous version.

Updates can be achieved when navigating to plugins, and selecting catalog, selecting an installed plugin. It reports the current version and shows a newer version is able to be installed. Performing this updates the plugin fine although it isn't the greatest. Please see screenshot

Once finished installing the plugin, the dashboard does report in "Pending Installations" that plugin x has been installed, please restart the server to finish applying the update. Please see screenshot

The article below...

Pointed me to look into my logs to check if I could reach 

"https://www.mb3admin.com/admin/service/EmbyPackages.json"which I tested and there wasn't a problem via a web browser.

I did a general search for the word error, however I don't really know what I'm looking for...

Help is appreciated.

Apologies if the log is a little busy as I was performing a very long library refresh after the update.

(I hope admins/moderators obfuscate the attachments so as to not make public peoples implementations, server address, etc..  ;-) )

embyserver.txt

post-16101-0-26038400-1547895308_thumb.png

post-16101-0-83817600-1547895314_thumb.png

Edited by blakeusblade

CBers

I hope admins/moderators obfuscate the attachments so as to not make public peoples implementations, server address, etc.. ;-) )

You need to obfuscate your own server logs before posting them here.

blakeusblade

You need to obfuscate your own server logs before posting them here.

Even on the log files uploaded as attachments? If so, how can the guys expect to get complete log files to help us with?

CBers

Even on the log files uploaded as attachments? If so, how can the guys expect to get complete log files to help us with?

To protect access to your server, you will need to remove any IP addresses.

Local/internal IP addresses should be OK, but I obfuscate them when I post logs.

Anything that could identify you, including email addresses, should be removed before posting.

You can edit your first post and remove the log, obfuscate it and re-post.

Try deleting the config/scheduledtasks folder from under the server's data folder, then restart the server.