How to Order the Library entries on the EHS for EMC with Throgs themes..

One2Go

throgmorton

Same here I spend hours to get studio icons, but since resolved to keep abreast with the Emby development. I really appreciate your constant effort to keep us users of your themes happy. Is there any thing you can do in your themes to sort the order of the library links the way they appear on the EHS or is this something @@ebr that he has to fix in EMC? EMC beta is from May 2018 if I am not mistaken, it does deserve a desperately needed look for changes and needed updates!

Well I quickly wrote a proof of concept for studios and it seems to work, I'll try for a more elegant solution than my proof of concept test case but at least I now know I can have them back... oh how I have missed them...

5c49044c5bfa3_studio.png

Well I quickly wrote a proof of concept for studios and it seems to work, I'll try for a more elegant solution than my proof of concept test case but at least I now know I can have them back... oh how I have missed them...

Damn, you don't make it easy on a guys use of time :D now just some more time for me to create new studio icons for the obscure ones like Australian Film Commission or Film 4 that I have not kept up with once they didn't show up anymore. Anyhow thanks again for your efforts.

throgmorton

Damn, you don't make it easy on a guys use of time :D now just some more time for me to create new studio icons for the obscure ones like Australian Film Commission or Film 4 that I have not kept up with once they didn't show up anymore. Anyhow thanks again for your efforts.

It's not a perfect implementation as I had to use the IBN/general directory to store the files. Additionally multiple studios are problematic due to issues in MCML. Basically when using repeaters and images it wants you to use bindings, but I can't since I have to specify the studio name. So basically only expect the first studio to show as an image. This is sufficient for me as the views I use only show one anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the addition and I agree there is not enough real estate on the screen to show multiple studios. May have to edit the studio sequence to make sure the correct ones or the ones I have images of will actually be shown. Question, will you be able to show the next in line studio if the first one does not have an image but the 2nd or 3rd does?

Edited by One2Go

throgmorton

Question, will you be able to show the next in line studio if the first one does not have an image but the 2nd or 3rd does?

Typically if these were still part of the core structure it would work as the first one would just return a NULL so it would take up no space and then the next image would show up. But without getting into too much details about the oddities of MCML and repeater images the way I've currently coded it, this will not work.  What I will look to do is maybe pass the full studio list and then just send back the first one which has an image.  Anyways I will see how complicated this is to accomplish but at least I know I will get my studio icons back for TV shows, movies will be a bonus but should work as long as you have images for all the studios or at least the first one in the list.

throgmorton

Well some good news I managed a work around for the MCML now it will show all studios you have images for (assuming there is space available on screen)

Fantastic, looks like you have to release new DLLs? If so does the update part for EMC work or will you go the Dropbox route?

throgmorton

Fantastic, looks like you have to release new DLLs? If so does the update part for EMC work or will you go the Dropbox route?

I believe @@ebr fixed the code in the new beta so I will probably just upload it to the site so it downloads through the plugin.

@@throgmorton I just updated the themes and the update from the plug-in section works with Beta .317. I presume this is for the studio icons to show up, all my studio icons are in the following path:

\\NUC-PC\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\metadata\Studio

However they do not show up on the themes pages do I need to create a separate directory / folder or do I need some other configuration setting to change?

throgmorton

@@throgmorton I just updated the themes and the update from the plug-in section works with Beta .317. I presume this is for the studio icons to show up, all my studio icons are in the following path:

\\NUC-PC\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\metadata\Studio

However they do not show up on the themes pages do I need to create a separate directory / folder or do I need some other configuration setting to change?

Yes I had to move them from studio to general (the IBN directory) as this directory is no longer accessible from what I can tell.

As i mentioned in this post

Edited by throgmorton

@@throgmorton Thanks for trying to bring the studio display. Here are the directories for my Emby-Server and they must have changed since version 3.5.3

My Emby-Server Entries

5c4d412aab60a_GeneralPath.jpg

As you can see under the Emby-Server directory there is no longer a IBN directory in any of its sub directories except one. It can be found in "\\NUC-PC\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\cache\imagesbyname" and it has just two text files in it. One is empty and the second one is called:

remotestudiothumbs.txt

It has many of the studio names in it like:

BBC
BBC 1
BBC 2
BBC 3
BBC America
BBC Cymru Wales
BBC Earth
BBC Films
BBC Four
BBC HD
BBC Northern Ireland
BBC One
BBC Television
BBC Three
BBC Two
BBC Worldwide
BBC-1
BBC-2
BBC-3
BBC1
BBC2
BBC3

I copied the Studio folder with its studio images each one in its own folder under General but NO studios are being displayed, created under General a directory ImagesByName with the Studio folder in it, again no display finally renamed ImagesByName to Images By Name and again NO display of studios. Didn't try folder name IBN.

After each change I restarted the server and restarted the EMC client. Sorry for not having better news, but a real thanks for trying to bring this feature to your themes.

Edited by One2Go

throgmorton

The folder is called "general"

Just create the directory and add the studio folders

Edited by throgmorton

throgmorton

Sorry didn't see you were in general already just put the studio folders in that directory. Just like FOX/folder.png, CBS/folder.png, etc... like you have done for everything else in that directory.

OK, I think I got it. I have a general folder in it are the folders of my libraries which have in it the backdrop.png and the folder.png for the EHS display of those libraries. Like ANIMATION/folder.png plus ANIMATION/backdrop.png.

So if I add in this general folder all the studio folders like BBC/folder.png or BBC1/Folder.png the studios will show up?

This General folder will have then lots of entries :D

Thanks again and will try this later.

Just copied the content of the Studio folder into the General folder and IT WORKS now. Single and multiple studios appear where they appeared in the past.

Now the time spending will begin. Checking the metadata on the server if it has a studio entry in the metadata for any given content entry then if it has an entry does a corresponding studio folder exist in the General folder. Should keep me busy for a bit.

I do remember that in the past I changed the studio logos to be appearing pleasingly on the pages because I didn't like what was available on the net or created them from the end credits. Thanks again.;

throgmorton

Now the time spending will begin. Checking the metadata on the server if it has a studio entry in the metadata for any given content entry then if it has an entry does a corresponding studio folder exist in the General folder. Should keep me busy for a bit.

Yeah I basically slowly update my logo's overtime. I prefer just straight white so color filters can be used during skinning processes.

• 6 months later...
Doctor Bob

How about bring back the "sort order" option (along with the rest of the meta options) of top level folders in the Metadata Manager?

It was most useful. In Emby version 4.2.1.0 I do not see an alternative option that accomplices the same thing.

P.S. A work around is to rename the library folders (01-Movies, 02-TV Shows, etc) in Server --> Library.

The libraries need to be re-scanned. If you have a large library this may take awhile. You may also have to restart the Emby server.

Once done the library folder names will appear in the desired order.

"In previous versions of Emby Server there was the ability to set media folder wide settings in Metadata manager and one of these was Sort Order Title (which I assigned titles of "001", "002", "003" etc). Now there are no options at folder level."

The exact reason for getting rid of this is that we should not have multiple ways of doing the same thing. It just complicates everything.

It sounds like the app will need update to respect user library order.

Edited by Doctor Bob

One2Go

Under the Metadata Manager next to MyMedia click the 3 dots and under Library Order you can arrange which library comes first and which one next and so on.

Doctor Bob

Under the Metadata Manager next to MyMedia click the 3 dots and under Library Order you can arrange which library comes first and which one next and so on.

This changes the order in the Emby Server but does not change the order in the Emby WMC add-on. I have EHS enable and also have have enabled Legacy Folder Browsing.

Not sure if the above settings effect Home Screen --> Library Order positions. However, I do not want to change those settings.

Have you explored your emby user preferences?

Yes, I have explored the preferences. The Home Screen --> Library Order does not seem to have an effect on Emby WMC.

How about bring back the top level metadata options (or some out-of-app hack) for us anal retentive types? :)