Resume Playback

dhunterjacobs

dhunterjacobs

When watching a recorded show on my Android phone and stopping in the middle of the show Emby doesn't save the spot where I stopped. So when I go to resume the show, either on Android or on Roku/Fire TV, I have to start over from the beginning.

This only happens when attempting to resume playback after originally viewing on an Android device. If the playback originates on a Roku/Fire TV instead, the resume playback spot is saved successfully.

Anyone ever seen this before? It may be by design. If so, it would be cool if it could be added to the Android client in a future release.

Can you supply a copy of the media info of this recording from the bottom of the web app detail screen? thanks.

dhunterjacobs
Media Info

Video

Title720p H264

CodecH264

AVCNo

ProfileHigh

Level32

Resolution1280x720

Aspect ratio16:9

InterlacedNo

Framerate59.94

Bitrate3,850 kbps

Bit depth8 bit

Pixel formatyuv420p

Ref frames1

NAL0

Audio

TitleEng Dolby Digital stereo

Languageeng

CodecAC3

Codec tagAC-3

Layoutstereo

Channels2 ch

Bitrate384 kbps

Sample rate48,000 Hz

DefaultNo

Audio

TitleSpa Dolby Digital mono

Languagespa

CodecAC3

Codec tagAC-3

Layoutmono

Channels1 ch

Bitrate64 kbps

Sample rate48,000 Hz

DefaultNo

Containermpegts

PathR:\DVR\Corporate (2018)\Season 2\Corporate S02E01 The One Who's There.ts

Edited by dhunterjacobs

dhunterjacobs

After a little more investigating I think I figured out what we were doing wrong. Instead of resuming playback from "continue watching", we were going into the recordings folder and starting from there. When resuming from "continue watching" it works fine, when resuming playback from within the recording folder it starts over from the beginning. This is only when originating the playback from a mobile device. If the playback originates from a Roku/Fire TV stick, there is a resume button within the recordings folder if playback is stopped in the middle of an episode.