Bose SoundTouch

Sven

Sven

My parents have a Bose SoundTouch. ( http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/bose-unveils-soundtouch-wireless-music-system/ )

The system is recognized in MediaBrowser to work with DLNA. But i can't play anything..

I don't see that much information. Onlt the following. And thats information i see a lot..

Any other information i can generate to help resolving the issue

2014-04-29 20:04:45.9046 Info - Dlna: 127.0.0.1:64198 - Responded to a upnp:rootdevice request to 192.168.1.151
2014-04-29 20:04:45.9046 Info - Dlna: 127.0.0.1:64198 - Responded to a urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaServer:1 request to 192.168.1.151
2014-04-29 20:04:45.9046 Error - Dlna: Error sending Datagram
	The requested address is not valid in its context
	System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
	   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndSend(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
	   at MediaBrowser.Dlna.Ssdp.Datagram.<>c__DisplayClass1.<Send>b__0(IAsyncResult result)

2014-04-29 20:04:45.9046 Info - Dlna: 127.0.0.1:64198 - Responded to a urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:ContentDirectory:1 request to 192.168.1.151
2014-04-29 20:04:45.9046 Error - Dlna: Error sending Datagram
	   at MediaBrowser.Dlna.Ssdp.Datagram.<>c__DisplayClass1.<Send>b__0(IAsyncResult result)

2014-04-29 20:04:45.9358 Error - Dlna: Error sending Datagram

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Happy2Play

And can i do something to fix it?

I really have no idea.  To me it looks like they are not talking to each other properly, but the server is getting information from the device though.

Don't think it will make a difference since there are not profile requests in your log but you can try this profile.

I would say it goes here (C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\config\dlna\user), but your setup appears to be different (C:\Projects\MediaBrowser\ProgramData-Server) don't know exact correlation.

Bose SoundTouch.xml

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

Just a guess, but to me it would have to do with all the line exceptions thrown. 

2014-08-28 22:04:20.2697 Error - Dlna: Error creating PlayTo device.
 Unable to connect to the remote server
 MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException
    at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsync>d__7.MoveNext() in c:\Projects\MediaBrowser\MediaBrowser\MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations\HttpClientManager\HttpClientManager.cs:line 325
 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
    at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<Get>d__0.MoveNext() in c:\Projects\MediaBrowser\MediaBrowser\MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations\HttpClientManager\HttpClientManager.cs:line 178
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
    at MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.SsdpHttpClient.<GetDataAsync>d__b.MoveNext() in c:\Projects\MediaBrowser\MediaBrowser\MediaBrowser.Dlna\PlayTo\SsdpHttpClient.cs:line 85
    at MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.Device.<CreateuPnpDeviceAsync>d__cd.MoveNext() in c:\Projects\MediaBrowser\MediaBrowser\MediaBrowser.Dlna\PlayTo\Device.cs:line 756
    at MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.PlayToManager.<_deviceDiscovery_DeviceDiscovered>d__5.MoveNext() in c:\Projects\MediaBrowser\MediaBrowser\MediaBrowser.Dlna\PlayTo\PlayToManager.cs:line 84
 InnerException: System.Net.WebException
 Unable to connect to the remote server
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
    at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsync>d__7.MoveNext() in c:\Projects\MediaBrowser\MediaBrowser\MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations\HttpClientManager\HttpClientManager.cs:line 284
 InnerException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
 No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.52:8091
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)

Happy2Play

If I would have to guess both device can't talk to each other.  I would suspect custom profile also but the log never reference anything about profiles.

"No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.52:8091"

and

"2014-08-28 22:04:54.0252 Error - Dlna: Error creating PlayTo device."

• 4 years later...
fire@emby

Hi there,

I found very little info about the SoundToch systems on the forum and like to add my experience.

Yesterday I installed a Bose SoundTouch 10 at home. Today I added the xml from Happy2Play and though the xml did not match the device profile I was able to stream music to the SoundTouch 10. (I have to disappoint you if you think the Bose APP on your phone will see your DLNA Emby server. No, it will not see your server.)

To play music from your Emby server, you need to browse and select your music through the Emby web interface. (internet browser) To play audio over the SoundTouch select it in the right upper corner of the Emby web interface and hit play. It is that simple.

5bfaa30c8b1dc_SoundTouch10.png

Adding a profile xml is not required but if you want to transcode some special audio files or like to tweak you can use it.

To use the xml from Happy2Play first look in the log files how the SoundTouch presents itself. This is what I got.

2018-11-25 13:16:44.217 Info Dlna: No matching device profile found. The default will need to be used.
    DeviceDescription:
    FriendlyName:SoundTouch10
    Manufacturer:Bose Corporation
    ManufacturerUrl:http://www.bose.com
    ModelDescription:Bose SoundTouch Wireless Streaming Audio Device
    ModelName:SoundTouch 10
    ModelNumber:
    ModelUrl:http://www.bose.com
    SerialNumber:xxxxxx

2018-11-25 13:16:44.230 Info Dlna: DLNA Session created for SoundTouch10 - SoundTouch 10

After correcting the xml with the correct data the warning in the log disappeared.

So remember you Bose app on the phone/tablet is useless for Emby but you will be able to play audio from the emby web interface.

fire@emby

The Bose Soundtouch 10 accept the following audio formats for direct play: mp3, aac, flac, ogg, wma and wav

This is what I was able to test.

It would be really, really cool if the dlna server from Emby could be made compatible with the Bose app. If required I can provide info.

• Like 1

fire@emby

Well, Emby server is also an dlna server right?

Somehow the Bose SoundTouch app (dlna client) is not able to see my Emby DLNA server.

For example the foobar2000 dlna server does work with the app

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, eduard.georgescu said:

There are any news about this issue ? Bose Soundtouch still can't find Emby DLNA server. 

Thank you.

Hi there, what version of Emby Server? 

Ok sorry, we'll probably have to test with the sound touch ourselves in order to see what's going on.

fire@emby

I can confirm emby 4.5.3.0 DLNA server does not show in the Bose app as a DLNA source.

As a alternative I installed a miniDLNA server back in 2018. It does work in the app. Most audio codecs do not require transcoding therefore it works out-of-the-box. I still use it today.

Personally I use emby only for video playback on the TV.

Edited by fire@emby