Albums with Multiple CDs not showing right :(

nagetech

skidmarks

Thanks for the tip. Appreciate it. I just went through the exercise of setting up the disc 1/disc 2 structure for my library a few months ago, making sure all the disc number tags were accurate. Took me awhile but eliminated having each disc show up as a separate album in my library (old software put disc 1/disc 2 in the title when it ripped). Everything looked great. Something must have changed in v4.

I understand!  You put a lot of time and effort into your folder structure...  then something makes it stop working the way you expect it too.  Been there done that, think we all have at one time or another.

Hopefully you find the "root" cause!

Edited by skidmarks

Thanks for the tip. Appreciate it. I just went through the exercise of setting up the disc 1/disc 2 structure for my library a few months ago, making sure all the disc number tags were accurate. Took me awhile but eliminated having each disc show up as a separate album in my library (old software put disc 1/disc 2 in the title when it ripped). Everything looked great. Something must have changed in v4.

Can you try adding a new album and see if this happens? Or rename an existing album folder? Thanks.

shredfiend

I removed and re-added an affected album. It is now displayed as expected with all tracks showing under headings Disc 1 and Disc 2

• 11 months later...
Dunuin

I still have the problem.

Folder structure is:
Rammstein\

----> Live aus Berlin (Limited Edition) (1999)\
--------> Disc 01\
------------> 01 Rammstein - Spiel Mit Mir.flac
------------> ...
------------> AAC\
----------------> .ignore
----------------> 01 Rammstein - Spiel Mit Mir.m4a
----------------> ...

--------> Disc 02\
------------> 01 Rammstein - Engel.flac

------------> ...

------------> AAC\
----------------> 01 Rammstein - Engel.m4a

----------------> ...

--------> Ignore\
------------> .ignore
------------> ... book etc ...

FLACs and M4As are ripped with "Fre:ac" and Tagged with "MP3tag". All files are tagged identical exept for the title, track number and disc number ("1" or "2").

All new added albums show up twice in emby. One album for each CD. Emby lists the album with the contents of the second CD as "Disc 2" and the first CD without any "Disc 1" above the track list.

Emby version is 4.3.1.0 freebsd.

Edit:

As soon as I remove the "Ignore" folder the album is imported fine with both CDs as a single album. So that folder is causing the troubles.

Edited by Dunuin

Dunuin

Yes, everything is tagged correctly.

This produces 2 albums instead of one with one CD each:

Rammstein\

--------> Disc 01\
------------> ...
------------> AAC\
----------------> ...

--------> Disc 02\

------------> ...

------------> AAC\

----------------> ...

--------> Ignore\
------------> .ignore
------------> ... book etc ...

As soon as I remove the "Ignore" folder the same album is imported fine as one album with 2 CDs:

This produces 2 albums instead of one with one CD each:

Rammstein\

--------> Disc 01\
------------> ...
------------> AAC\
----------------> ...

--------> Disc 02\

------------> ...

------------> AAC\

----------------> ...

So the problem is something with the "Ignore" folder.

Same for every other multi disc album where I thought it might be a good idea to store the book scan of an album and a ".ignore" inside a "Ignore" folder in the root of the album.

Edited by Dunuin

Dunuin

The idea was to store scans of the booklets so everything is contained in one folder and I can browse them outside of emby if I want. I thought emby would ignore the folder as long as there is a ".ingore" file inside.

skidmarks

The idea was to store scans of the booklets so everything is contained in one folder and I can browse them outside of emby if I want. I thought emby would ignore the folder as long as there is a ".ingore" file inside.

Not that this helps you currently, but i add all the booklet scans and other album related items to a "art" folder in the same album directory.

Ok this is because part of our music scanning process is still folder-driven. We're getting closer to becoming fully tag driven and this won't be an issue anymore once that happens. Thanks.

• 8 months later...

Hello all, I'm having the same problem as you can see in the print screens.

I think all the album/song metadata is ok but it still shows all 20 albums as one album.

Each of the 20 albums is in a different folder (vol.01, vol.02, etc.) Disk number is in the album metadata (1/20, 2/20, 3/20 etc.) and each album name is different in the song metadata (Reprise Studio Recordings - Vol.01, Reprise Studio Recordings - Vol.02 etc.) don't know what else I can do so I can have all 20 albums sown separately. 

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.jpg

pwhodges

Have you selected folder or album display?  I use folder, because it works best for me, at least (my metadata is not all up to scratch yet!).

A common cause for everything getting thrown together is if the higher-level folder (that containing Vol1, Vol02, etc) has any audio files in it.  Any folder with an audio file is taken to be an album, and sub-folders just get subsumed into it.

In any case, you then need to choose whether to have one album of twenty discs,  in which case the album name should be the same throughout, and the disk number sorts the tracks, though they all show in one long list (I'm not sure about the 1/20 format - I've not used that, just the number alone); or to have twenty albums each of one disk, with the album names differing and the disk numbers all 1 (or not, I'm not sure), or even absent.

Paul

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Correct with the info provided it would suggest a loose track causing everything to be displayed as 1 album.

• 2 weeks later...