Music (Root Folder)

|

Arist (folder)

|

Album (folder)

|

CD 1

CD 2

here is where I'm stumped, some albums show up just fine, where others, when you go to the album, it's just blank (as in it shows NONE of the mp3 or flac files).

If I take all the music files out of the CD 1/ CD 2 folders and put them in the root of the album, then emby finds them just fine. But as stated, this happens with SOME albums. I can't find any rhyme or reason to it.

I organize all my music using musicbrainz picard first, and then add it to the Music collection. Emby picks it up fine (for the most part).

Hoping someone has had this happen already and perhaps can offer some insight.

Thanks!

nagetech

Have you checked to make sure your audio files are tagged with disc numbers?

Yes :)

The odd thing is, when I take them out of the CD 1/ CD 2 folders, and refresh, emby finds them and even lists them as "disc 1" and disc 2 respectively.

nagetech

Can you show a screenshot to demonstrate the issue?

I could later this evening when I'm in front of a computer.

But picture this...... Lets say Pink Floyd The Wall Album.... I click on Pink Floyd, browse his albums, Click the Wall, and when there, it shows NO songs at all. I went in, took all the songs out of CD1/CD2 and put it in the root of "the wall" refreshed, and BAM all the songs show up.

Make sense?

nagetech

Yes. Also try refreshing the metadata on the album.

I have tried that a few times, but that doesn't seem to sort it out.

Looks like some of this started after the upgrade to V4, as with 3.5 my library was exactly the same, and it worked. I've changed nothing outside of upgrading. Does v4 treat how it discovers music?

Happy2Play

@@Luke

I am seeing weird behavior on this.  My beta and stable versions are showing everything fine.  So I just did a migration again on a portable install from 3.5.3.0 to 4.0.0.2 and multi cd albums did not return tracks. 

I removed the album or the library and re-added it and the tracks were seen.

nagetech

Hey @@Luke, posting an update.

Ok it looks like you are on to something. I did a little more digging and you are right, it has something to do with the tags having the Disc 1 ,2,3 etc needing to be present. I did a few tests and that appears to be helping bring the missing songs up.

This library has been setup this way since I was using subsonic, then switched over to emby. Emby v3 was able to detect and show all my music just as it was. Upgrading to v4 is what looks like brought this problem to light.

Also I just noticed in the meta data manager, everything is listed twice. I'm uploading a screenshot to show what I mean. Going through each artist that is duplicated shows identical information. Did I bork something? :(

is there anyway to bring back the functionality of this as it was in v3? At the risk of sounding lazy, it would be a nightmare to have to go through my entire music collection again filling in all the tags for the missing songs. I'll wait to hear back from you before I start doing that, as I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

post-37857-0-68644200-1547848551_thumb.png

Edited by nagetech

if you remove one of these albums from your library altogether, then run a scan, then add it back,is it any different?

nagetech

Actually yes, what I ended up doing was removing the library all together and adding it back. After the scan it looks like it fixed the problem.

It was only a slight pain not too horrible, but other users may harp about it. Hope that data point helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This looks like a possible issue with the upgrade because when i add new content it works perfectly fine. I cannot reproduce the problem. I will try to chase it down. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
ryandavidg

Same issue for me since the upgrade to v4.01 from 3.5. None of my multi-disc albums show tracks now (see below). All were working perfectly before and have always been tagged using mp3tag with correct disc numbers (see below). Multiple library scans have completed successfully, and I have tried refreshing individual albums but nothing changes. Also seem to have lost all the artist images which used to appear in the background of this album view, some of which I put together myself in photoshop, but I guess that's another issue I need to look into. I know you're swamped with issues since the upgrade but would appreciate if you could look into this, quite sad to see my library in this state after all the work I put into it.

BIsBa1fa_o.png

JaX4vCOS_o.png

ryandavidg

Forgot to add that these are FLAC files, the path on the server is Electronic/Paul Oakenfold/(1999)Global Underground 007 New York/CD 1/... and /CD 2/...

This worked perfectly before. I checked other double albums in other genres and with other names and the problem persists there, so it doesn't appear to be anything related to those numbers in the album folder name as most of my albums don't include the year like that. Here is a 'mediainfo' view of one of those tracks:

gMZwOYzA_o.png

Happy2Play

@@ryandavidg

if you remove one of these albums from your library altogether, then run a scan, then add it back,is it any different?

ryandavidg

Hi - I've now tried that and yes, it works now (see below). I have so many albums, many of which are doubles, that I'm not sure I can face doing this for all of them. Given that I also have different libraries for Electronic, Classical, Jazz, Compilations, etc, all of which are affected and many of which link to folders on different drives, starting over from scratch isn't too appealing. Took a long time to get the library the way I wanted it so if there is any chance you can fix this on your end please let us know.

Also, the artist backdrop still isn't appearing as you can see, which is strange as when I go to the "Paul Oakenfold" album artist the art is still there. But I see there's another thread on that so will take it there.

Thanks

PArI63NM_o.png

ryandavidg

Make sure they are tagged with disc numbers and then it should work fine.

But they are tagged with disc numbers, please see the info I included above. The libraries worked fine before the upgrade to v4. It works if I remove the album from the library, rescan, then add it back. But as it stands I have a VERY large number of albums where no tracks are showing.

So again, can this be fixed on Emby's side or is my only solution to manually remove and add back every multi-disc album? If I do that (not sure I can face it) will there be knock-on effects to things like playlists setup by users that include these tracks? Will removing an album and adding back give it some sort of new id in the Emby DB so old playlists with these tracks won't work? Any other unforeseen problems doing this on a number of large libraries will cause?

Must admit I was hoping that something would be done on your end to restore this basic functionality (seeing individual tracks!!!) that was working fine before the "upgrade", not advice to tag with disc numbers when I have illustrated in great detail that I have done exactly that.

Realise you guys are under pressure at the moment but quite frustrated over here with my library in an unusable state. :(

ryandavidg

Hi - Any feedback on the above posts? Would it help if I uploaded my librarydb somewhere so you can work out why double albums added before the 'upgrade' won't display tracks but double albums with the same tags added now display correctly?

If not, can someone answer the questions above such as whether, if I really have to remove and add back every single double album, there will be repercussions for other areas like existing playlists?

Thanks

I will look into the upgrade for possible issues, apologies for the disruption. In your case, since you've already updated, you may just need to fix it up manually. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
skidmarks

Not much help but i ran into this issue years back.  I found the easiest solution for me was not using disc 1 / disk 2 folder structure.  I just make sure the disc number meta is in all my audio files and put everything in one album folder.  

As this was a small issue when looking at file details in an windows explorer window i added a "part of set" column and can still look at file order by disc number.  And if i need to burn a cd i can still see which songs were on the disc.

Just my work around for this issue.  

Edited by skidmarks

shredfiend

Thanks for the tip. Appreciate it. I just went through the exercise of setting up the disc 1/disc 2 structure for my library a few months ago, making sure all the disc number tags were accurate. Took me awhile but eliminated having each disc show up as a separate album in my library (old software put disc 1/disc 2 in the title when it ripped). Everything looked great. Something must have changed in v4.