Upgraded from 3.5 to 4.0 Not fetching metadata

zMeckx
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hello Guys,

I've tried everything but it just doesn't to seem to be fetching new metadata after the update.

Before the update everything was just fine, but now it seems to be broken.

Folder Structure:

Movies/ [ movie name ] ( year ) /  movie name ] ( year ). mkv     (using filebot to rename the folders and files)  ~ not the problem here..

Not only that the Kodi Plugin (stable version) appears to be broken aswell.    (Fix; Installed the beta version of the kodi addon)

I've been trying for the last few days now but I can't figure it out. Can you guys help me out?

Edited by zMeckx

FrostByte

Have you looked at the plugins?  Some of the metadata fetchers like tmdb are now plugins so that they can be updated without having to also update server.

Yes, the installed plugins for metadata are up to date. I have never had any issue with the images, imdb info, only sometimes subtitles, but after 4.x nothing works anymore regarding metadata.

FrostByte

Not only that the Kodi Plugin (stable version) appears to be broken aswell.

I've been trying for the last few days now but I can't figure it out. Can you guys help me out?

Have you seen Angleblue05's comment about the stable version of Kodi plugin not working with Emby server 4?

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/68262-kodi-doesnt-see-tv-shows-after-4002-update/&do=findComment&comment=682078

• Like 1

Have you seen Angleblue05's comment about the stable version of Kodi plugin not working with Emby server 4?

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/68262-kodi-doesnt-see-tv-shows-after-4002-update/&do=findComment&comment=682078

Got it working now in kodi with the Beta version. Just found out after I posted the message here.

As for the (emby) server side my plugins are all up 2 date but it's just not fetching any metadata.

Just as KOD said. Except I'm not even able to update it manually.

Edited by zMeckx
  • Like 1

@@zMeckx can we please look at an example of not fetching metadata, if that's still an issue? Thanks !

@@Luke Thanks for your reply. It's still an issue. I have looked into log and I think the authentication (api?) to the fetchers isn't quite right. Correct me if I'm wrong..

I'm also not able to update the metadata manually from TheMovieDB, The Open Movie Database, and Fanart. For the TV Shows it's just working fine.

Edited by zMeckx

@@zMeckx Can you please attach the complete emby server log, as this is only a snippet. Additionally can you please discuss one specific example we can look at, and i will provide you with an answer for it. Thanks !

@@zMeckx Can you please attach the complete emby server log, as this is only a snippet. Additionally can you please discuss one specific example we can look at, and i will provide you with an answer for it. Thanks !

Ofcourse, I have added the new log file.

Edited by zMeckx

solabc16

Hello @@zMeckx

Thanks for the log, I took a look through and have picked out 'Big Hero 6 (2014)' as an example - as I have that on a test system here as well.

The reason for getting a '404' back from TMDb, is the movie ID hasn't been retrieved - it's zero, as you can see below.

Your System

2019-01-20 09:09:23.778 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: https://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/0?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&append_to_response=casts,releases,images,keywords,trailers&language=nl&include_image_language=nl,null,en

Test System

2019-01-20 10:21:29.567 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: https://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/177572?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&append_to_response=casts,releases,images,keywords,trailers&language=en&include_image_language=en,null

If you take a look at the movie in metadata manager, what do you see? If you manually refresh the movie here, do these IDs update?

5c444e6ed267e_metadata_manager_ids.jpg

Best

- James

• Like 1

Hello James,

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately it remains 0 and not returning any metadata.

// Edited: It's also not working when I try to change the images of the movie

Greets,

zMeckx

Edited by zMeckx

Can you try removing the zero and clicking save? Then you should be able to refresh the metadata. How a 0 got there, it's hard to say. Could have been a defect in an older version of the server. It could also have been read from an nfo file. 

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

• Like 1

Can you try removing the zero and clicking save? Then you should be able to refresh the metadata. How a 0 got there, it's hard to say. Could have been a defect in an older version of the server. It could also have been read from an nfo file. 

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

It seemed to work out. I test it on other movies and when I remove the value in the fields and hit refresh metadata it works.

Problem now is that I have a large collection of movies.. I think all of these movie's have a value in the field imdb "tt".  Is there a solution so I can do this in bulk?

Or like the scan library and then "Replace all metadata" .. Because it's just not doing that.

Edited by zMeckx

• Solution

Ok, we could potentially update Emby to ignore this 0, but if you want a solution for right now, what you could do is remove your movie library, run a full scan, and then add it back. And actually before you do that you should probably wait another day or so as we're going to issue a small bug fix release, and it will contain movie fetching fixes. It's specifically related to extracting the year from movie file names, which is what most of the similar issue reports are all related to. Thanks.

• Like 1

Ok, we could potentially update Emby to ignore this 0, but if you want a solution for right now, what you could do is remove your movie library, run a full scan, and then add it back. And actually before you do that you should probably wait another day or so as we're going to issue a small bug fix release, and it will contain movie fetching fixes. It's specifically related to extracting the year from movie file names, which is what most of the similar issue reports are all related to. Thanks.

Alright appreciate it thanks for the help :)