Manual collections not showing

fraenhawk

fraenhawk

Ok, sad but show must go on! [emoji16]

But can you tell me how i can create my own collections without a tmdb id snd add my own pictures from my existing collection folders? THX

Greetz Stealth

Gesendet von meinem CMR-W09 mit Tapatalk

There's a GUI in the web interface. Find a movie, click the ... pick Add to Collection. Viola. Keep adding more movies to collection. In the collection are all the normal Edit Images and Edit Metadata options to add pics and descriptions.

• Like 1

StealthDefender

There's a GUI in the web interface. Find a movie, click the ... pick Add to Collection. Viola. Keep adding more movies to collection. In the collection are all the normal Edit Images and Edit Metadata options to add pics and descriptions.

Ah ok, i tried over the app to add my own images....this might be the problem. [emoji848]

Gesendet von meinem EVA-L09 mit Tapatalk

Happy2Play

@@Luke @@Happy2Play

Wow, you're not going to believe this. I was looking at some other xml files to see if I could spot any difference and think I figured it out.

The share names in the xml are now apparently case-sensitive. I had some that were \\servername\movies a-l\moviepath and \\servername\movies m-z\moviepath and as soon as I changed them to \\servername\Movies A-L\moviepath and \\servername\Movies M-Z\moviepath and scanned my library the collection showed with just the movies I changed the case on showing.

@@Luke

This is reproducible, sort of.  I change the case in a existing Collection and the item was removed from the Collection, but during a library scan Auto Box Set correct the case and added the item back.

Next I locked the collection in the UI and manually edited the collection.xml again, but got the same results as above. 

**But from a Custom Collection stand point or non Auto Box Set users this is a issue.

All I did was make the "T" in test lowercase and Ace Ventura was removed from the Collection.

<CollectionItem>
      <Path>C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\Movies - nfo\test 2\Ace Ventura - Pet Detective\Ace Ventura - Pet Detective.mkv</Path>
    </CollectionItem>
    <CollectionItem>
      <Path>C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\Movies - nfo\Test 2\Chasers (1994)\Chasers (1994).disc</Path>
    </CollectionItem>
Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

StealthDefender

Is there any way or chance to automatic recognize my collctions with the picture files in the folders?

For me the collections stored in the emby folders is not a good idea if you have to reinstall the server or something.

I think best option is always to store the stuff you need in the right folder!

Greetz Stealth

• 3 weeks later...
StealthDefender

I am sorry guys i have big respect in you and your work. But i cant get it how you handle the collections. 

What was easier than tag a Collection with [boxSet] and the system recognized it by itself and stored all the infos in that folder!

If you have to setup a new server or reinstalled it all is there what you need and .....booom ready!

Now i have to create ma collections by hand. Boxset plugin is useless with collection without id!

And if i create a collection the data will storeds in a collections folder by the server. Thats useless in my opinion.

Sorry to be rude but i cant get it why the [boxSet] feature is gone. Very helpfull.

Greetz Stealth

I apologize for the disruption. there were just not enough users using this method anymore, and therefore not enough to justify the level of complication they were causing. Thanks.

• Like 1