Manual collections not showing

fraenhawk

fraenhawk

So, I'm still going through the tweaks and fixes I need post 4.0.0.2 upgrade and started working on collections.

There was an odd duplication bug for auto-boxsets that have the old "[MB Auto Set]" in the name - the post-update rescan added a new copy of the collection without "[MB Auto Set]" but both were showing up in the Collections. The problem is that when clicking on either one and clicking edit metadata, both were pointing to the same folder instead of one to the old, one to the new. Easy enough to resolve, deleted any collections that had [MB Auto Set] and rescanned. Problem solved.

But then I noticed that any collection I previously had made manually (i.e. not linked to a TMDB id) doesn't show up in the collections view anymore. I checked the server and the collections are still in the directory. The xml and images are still there. And even the Metadata manager still shows them. Did something change in the XML format that I need to update? I did notice that in the Metadata Manager, when I go to expand any of my manual collections, they don't show any movies under them unlike the auto collections.

Currently if a collection has zero visible items, then the whole collection will not be visible. It's something that needs to be looked at. Thanks.

fraenhawk

Currently if a collection has zero visible items, then the whole collection will not be visible. It's something that needs to be looked at. Thanks.

What do you mean by 0 visible items? I have access to all movies, I can see those movies and play them, the collection they belong to just doesn't show on the Collections screen. I just verified the XML to be sure the collectionitem paths point to valid files and they do.

fraenhawk

Try refreshing the metadata on one of those collections. Thanks.

That didn't make a difference. Now I can tell you that I keep them locked (<LockData>true</LockData>). I'm guessing the fact that they're locked means a refresh can't do anything? So I tried unlocking one and it made not difference after a refresh and another full rescan.

Edited by fraenhawk

Happy2Play

What kind of refresh are you doing? 

Are the item paths in the collection.xml still correct?

fraenhawk

What kind of refresh are you doing? 

Are the item paths in the collection.xml still correct?

I went into Metadata Manager, Refresh Metadata and picked the Scan for new and updated files option. Then run a Scan media library.

Yes, the paths are correct.

So to experiment, I moved that collection folder out of the data/collections folder, scan library, then started building it from scratch again using the UI. That one stays and works fine, but none of the pre-4.0.0.2 collections are seen still. I'm looking at the newly created xml vs the backup and am not seeing anything different between them. Having to remake all the other collections just doesn't seem like a necessary task if we can figure out why all the pre-4 ones are being ignored.

Happy2Play

@@fraenhawk

When we first saw this in testing you just had to do a Refresh all on the Collection in Metadata manager and all item returned.   All subsequent migration tests did not show this issue anymore. 

So does doing a Refresh metadata-Refresh all bring back a custom collection?

fraenhawk

@@Happy2Play

This is weird but maybe along the same line as whatever refreshing is doing. I decided to delete one of the manual collections, just to see. Scan library, then create a new collection with the same name by adding a couple of movies in. Then, I replaced the "new" collection.xml with a pre-4 backup xml, rescan again. Boom, collection is there and movies showing. So I guess there is nothing incompatible with the XML, but on the post-4 initial scan, something is wrong in the database for those and re-creating it "fixes" whatever is wrong?

So, trying the refresh on a different one, do you mean the "replace all" option? That's worse. I do that and it changes my XML to a 1KB version and wipes the entire genres, studios, and collectionitems sections out (good thing I have a backup).

Happy2Play

I've seen the studio and genre issue but not collectionitems being removed.

fraenhawk

@@Happy2Play

This is weird but maybe along the same line as whatever refreshing is doing. I decided to delete one of the manual collections, just to see. Scan library, then create a new collection with the same name by adding a couple of movies in. Then, I replaced the "new" collection.xml with a pre-4 backup xml, rescan again. Boom, collection is there and movies showing. So I guess there is nothing incompatible with the XML, but on the post-4 initial scan, something is wrong in the database for those and re-creating it "fixes" whatever is wrong?

Just to clarify myself, I'm not positive the "boom" actually worked. I tried it with another collection by only adding one movie and and then replacing the xml and rescanning. It's weird. It just shows the one movie. So maybe I didn't notice all the movies weren't there the first time and just noticed it didn't disappear, so that's not a quick fix either.

I've seen the studio and genre issue but not collectionitems being removed.

Hmm, I wonder what it doesn't like about the old vs new. Were there any structure changes to the collection xml code that it doesn't like about old ones? All the auto-ones look like they were rebuilt in some way after the upgrade. It's not just using old auto-boxset xmls, I say that because every one of them has a modified date of yesterday when the upgrade happened. If it was just able to use them as-is, they shouldn't have been modified. It's almost like there was a data massage process that happened (during the post-upgrade full scan or by the plugin after the compatibility upgrade?) that just didn't happen to manual collections. I've also been using Emby/MediaBrowser for quite a long time, so it's possible I have some remnant of old formatting that it just doesn't like anymore. I ran into that with the removed support for nested TV folders that's always been supported in the past but disappeared with 4 :(

I can leave a couple alone for now in case someone thinks of something else to try, but otherwise I guess I'll just rebuild the rest next week.

fraenhawk

@@Happy2Play just want to throw this out there. I've seen a bunch of 4.0 threads where mixed content comes up as the culprit for some problems. I noticed the Collections Library is marked as Mixed Content (even though I only use it for Movie collections). I'm not sure if I did that or if that was when Emby/MB first started the Collections library function and it created it, but could this be another mixed content related issue?

Edited by fraenhawk

Now I can tell you that I keep them locked (true). I'm guessing the fact that they're locked means a refresh can't do anything? So I tried unlocking one and it made not difference after a refresh and another full rescan.

Yes it's very possible.

fraenhawk

Try unlocking and then refreshing metadata on one of them.

Same as when I tested for @@Happy2Play. As soon as I refresh metadata on pre-4.0 custom collections the collectionitems section of the xml gets wiped.

fraenhawk

Are they still not showing?

No, I just updated to 4.0.1 and still none of my pre-4.0 manual collections are showing

• Like 1

fraenhawk

@@Luke @@Happy2Play

Wow, you're not going to believe this. I was looking at some other xml files to see if I could spot any difference and think I figured it out.

The share names in the xml are now apparently case-sensitive. I had some that were \\servername\movies a-l\moviepath and \\servername\movies m-z\moviepath and as soon as I changed them to \\servername\Movies A-L\moviepath and \\servername\Movies M-Z\moviepath and scanned my library the collection showed with just the movies I changed the case on showing.

Edited by fraenhawk
  • Like 1

StealthDefender

I have the same problem! All my collections with the boxset tag are now gone! Files are in the folder.

Another strange thing is that in metadata manager now all my movies are in sub folders!?

Is this a normal thing?

Greetz Stealth

Gesendet von meinem CMR-W09 mit Tapatalk

I have the same problem! All my collections with the boxset tag are now gone! Files are in the folder.

Another strange thing is that in metadata manager now all my movies are in sub folders!?

Is this a normal thing?

Greetz Stealth

How did you create the collections?

StealthDefender

How did you create the collections?

I named my folder to Ghostbusters [boxSet]

And put the movies with folders in there!

It worked automatically and shows under collections.

Also emby for Kodi synced them! Only under movies they don't show.

Now since last version it shows nothing, all collections are gone!

Ok this is no longer supported. The movies will still show, but going forward that boxset folder is just like any regular folder. You will need to create collections using the web interface.

I apologize that this was not in the release announcement. I will edit it to add this. I honestly just forgot about this because this older method of boxsets hardly ever comes up anymore. Thanks.

• Like 1

fraenhawk

Ok this is no longer supported. The movies will still show, but going forward that boxset folder is just like any regular folder. You will need to create collections using the web interface.

I apologize that this was not in the release announcement. I will edit it to add this. I honestly just forgot about this because this older method of boxsets hardly ever comes up anymore. Thanks.

Just to un-hijack this thread, any comment regarding the case-sensitivity I mentioned? Is that an intentional change or a bug that will be addressed in a future build? At list I (and anyone else affected) have a relatively easy way to fix now this rather than re-creating in the GUI.

StealthDefender

Ok, sad but show must go on! [emoji16]

But can you tell me how i can create my own collections without a tmdb id snd add my own pictures from my existing collection folders? THX

Greetz Stealth