Live TV EPG - Youtube TV

atomicmoon

atomicmoon

Was checking out the new live TV guide options and noticed a lot for my zip code and one of them was even Youtube TV.

Is this just due to the fact that we are able to see every available option the new back-end provider offers?

In a nut shell, I can't use Youtube TV with emby, right?

I mean I would love to, but just curious as to why it was an option at all.

For some reason that's in the gracenote guide data. We should probably filter it out because it might cause people to think they can actually watch youtube tv in Emby. @@cayars

@@Luke, IMHO it would be OK to filter out the list if you wanted for simplicity of Emby.

There are several vMVPD entries in the GraceNote guide data that we can't presently use as they are proprietary solutions.

Emby can only use the HDHomeRun vMVPD entries at present as all others are proprietary.

A vMVPD (virtual multichannel video programming distributor) is a service that provides multiple television channels through the internet without supplying it's own data transport infrastructure (i.e. cable, fiber, satellite technology).

Gracenote supplies several of the vMVPDs including:

Directv Now - Vmvpd
Sling TV - Vmvpd
Hulu - - Vmvpd
You Tube- Vmvpd
Sony PSVue - Vmvpd
Vidgo - Vmvpd
Philo - Vmvpd
HDHomeRun - Vmvpd
Can't remember if I've seen Fubo is listed or not but that's another popular vMPVD.
Most of those can be seen using a postal code of 19102.

The only vMPVD entries we can presently use in Emby and should NOT be filtered are the HDHomeRun - Vmvpd entries which are the Silicon Dust Premium TV service.

PS of course these vMPVD providers are listed in Gracenote data as this is the premier feed used for all kinds of things. From News Paper listings, to portals to virtual Guides like Zap2It that people use to check their lineup or notification messages of upcoming shows/movies they are interested in for the services they have.

Hope that helps,
Carlo
Edited by cayars
  • Like 1

SHSPVR

@@Luke, IMHO it would be OK to filter out the list if you wanted for simplicity of Emby.

There are several vMVPD entries in the GraceNote guide data that we can't presently use as they are proprietary solutions.

Emby can only use the HDHomeRun vMVPD entries at present as all others are proprietary.

A vMVPD (virtual multichannel video programming distributor) is a service that provides multiple television channels through the internet without supplying it's own data transport infrastructure (i.e. cable, fiber, satellite technology).

Gracenote supplies several of the vMVPDs including:

Directv Now - Vmvpd
Sling TV - Vmvpd
Hulu - - Vmvpd
You Tube- Vmvpd
Sony PSVue - Vmvpd
Vidgo - Vmvpd
Philo - Vmvpd
HDHomeRun - Vmvpd
Can't remember if I've seen Fubo is listed or not but that's another popular vMPVD.
Most of those can be seen using a postal code of 19102.

The only vMPVD entries we can presently use in Emby and should NOT be filtered are the HDHomeRun - Vmvpd entries which are the Silicon Dust Premium TV service.

PS of course these vMPVD providers are listed in Gracenote data as this is the premier feed used for all kinds of things. From News Paper listings, to portals to virtual Guides like Zap2It that people use to check their lineup or notification messages of upcoming shows/movies they are interested in for the services they have.

Hope that helps,
Carlo

Fubo hasn't been add a long with a few other 

Edited by SHSPVR

• 4 years later...
devious9191

Hey folks,

I know this is an old thread but I came in it while looking for YouTube TV schedules.

With NFL Sunday Ticket being a YouTube TV exclusive it seems like YouTube TV is the only source of schedule data for those channels 

If YouTube TV is available with your Gracenote package and it's being filtered out so we can't use it, it would be helpful to unfilter it please.

Thank you!

Hi.  We're not filtering anything.  I don't really know why GN would ever carry a YouTube TV lineup though as that is owned by YouTube (Google) and should only be available via that platform but you never know.