Recorded TV issue

dnanielsen

dnanielsen

Hi, 

I have experienced this issue with recorded TV episodes a few times. Yesterday I set up an recording of an hour long episode, when I log in today it shows the episode as 22h35m long in Emby (this was the time it was recording TV, at 22:35 UTC+1 yesterday), and the file is much bigger than usual, at over 3GB on a 720p recording. If I take a look at the file in Windows, click properties -> details it shows the file as 33m37s long. Emby somehow reads this as "Bitrate 337 kbps" in metadata. Also, the bitrate that shows up in Windows details about the file is 13591 kbps, which also seems pretty wrong. When I play the file in VLC it says the video is - (minus) 3h55m25s long, and when I fast forward it stops counting the time at 33m37s, then just shows 00m00s for the remainder of the episode, however it still plays normally. 

post-246418-0-37852700-1547788703_thumb.png

post-246418-0-66511000-1547788711_thumb.png

dnanielsen

Hi Luke, I can see now that it also happened to another recording the same day, so I guess they might be related as I can't remember having this issue when I've only had one recorded show at a day.

In this situation there was 35 minutes between the two shows (from end time show #1 to start time #2), so I'm not sure if that can have something to do with it. They were on two different channels. I have a setting of one stream at a time in the TV source, and recording settings to start 1 minute before and stop 1 minute after. 

So, the first show started at 21:30 and should've ran to 22:00, but is showing up as 21h29mins in Emby.

The second show is the one I reported on earlier, it started at 22:35 and Emby shows it as 22h35mins long. 

I've been looking at this, the problem is that this duration is coming from ffprobe which makes it a little tricky.

dnanielsen

Thanks for the update, Luke. It doesn't happen every time, but I haven't found a pattern yet for when it happens and when it doesn't happen. It shouldn't have anything to do with the channel or show, because the same recorded show that I sent to you is recording fine some days. Does it help if I send you a file of the same show where it has recorded as it should? 

No, that's ok, thanks. This is just a touch one because i tried increasing the probe size and analyzeduration values and it still didn't change.