Stuck On Loading Wheel

saiyo

My home screen is stuck on the loading wheel on the web app, the ios app, and roku app... not sure whats going on but restarting the server and my mac did nothing. Please Help!

Log

Edited by Chiprana

waynelinton

I am not sure if this is related, issue is content I created, footage from a drone for instance, all correct MP4 files etc. Also a video I created and is H264, and MP4. Movies no matter how big play fine on my phone and I have 300mbs service.

But these files which play fine eventually get the spinning circle. It's time it's too big and it's trying to buffer a 7GB file loads in seconds and plays.

My idea and someone may know what is causing this but I believe it's searching for metadata or trying to bring up internet content to show. Like a cover page, there is of course no such data. Is there away to ignore the metadata in the folder. I am sorry if this is a dumb question. But it's been bugging me for a while it's on my TV, Apple TV etc. The other videos movies, TV shows are fine and play with no delay. Like I said these are just 500mb files not GB like a movie. Thank you in advance.

Wayne

I am not sure if this is related, issue is content I created, footage from a drone for instance, all correct MP4 files etc. Also a video I created and is H264, and MP4. Movies no matter how big play fine on my phone and I have 300mbs service.

But these files which play fine eventually get the spinning circle. It's time it's too big and it's trying to buffer a 7GB file loads in seconds and plays.

My idea and someone may know what is causing this but I believe it's searching for metadata or trying to bring up internet content to show. Like a cover page, there is of course no such data. Is there away to ignore the metadata in the folder. I am sorry if this is a dumb question. But it's been bugging me for a while it's on my TV, Apple TV etc. The other videos movies, TV shows are fine and play with no delay. Like I said these are just 500mb files not GB like a movie. Thank you in advance.

Wayne

This is only happening in the apple tv app?

waynelinton

Thanks for the reply, no whenever I remotely look at it, it seems slow and it buffers, but only files I upload. my own content.

Like it's looking for something. Even when I get a full 300mbs feed. I can open files 10x that size no problem, kind of weird I just feel it's looking for some kind of data?

Not a big deal but a mystery I would like to solve.

Thanks again

Thanks for the reply, no whenever I remotely look at it, it seems slow and it buffers, but only files I upload. my own content.

Like it's looking for something. Even when I get a full 300mbs feed. I can open files 10x that size no problem, kind of weird I just feel it's looking for some kind of data?

Not a big deal but a mystery I would like to solve.

Thanks again

@@waynelinton can we look at an example? Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

waynelinton

I think I figured it out, There is a subtitle of the GPS from the drone embedded in the video, something the other videos do not. I stripped out the GPS using VLC and there is no more subtitle information. That seems to have fixed it.

Thanks for the help.

Wayne

waynelinton

I can try loading the original file and do a screenshot and get a log from that try, I have a mac.. if that makes any difference, I really like Emby, as the interface is way cleaner than Plex which I was using.

Thank you for the support you give here. 

I did read the instructions and will try and figure it out.