List View for music missing in 4.0.0.2?

sexyllama

sexyllama

Not seeing this in search (or search-fu is lacking), but after switching over to 4.0.0.2 this evening, the music list view no longer appears to be available, will this be returning / can it return for the web browser?

Edited by sexyllama

@@sexyllama did you try clicking the 3-dot menu above the list? It opens a view settings dialog where you can change the view type.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

sexyllama

apologies should have been more specific, on artists and album artists what you suggested works, but on albums, no luck, this is what I see:

(a tickbox for show title and group items into collections)

https://imgur.com/UNoNMhu

Edited by sexyllama

Just jumping in on here as I think this is related to something I wanted to report - in Music, I selected the 'Songs' page but only have the option to view music as a tiled grid the same as albums. Can a list view be added here too please? It would also probably need a larger list of tracks per page as limiting to 100 results in a lot of pages!

Related as it's on the same page and is an issue for a listed view of songs - would it be possible to view the songs by track artist rather than album artist? I've got a lot of songs tagged with 'Various Artists' but in a list of all songs, using this field doesn't make much sense; it just results in a large list of 'Various Artists - {Song Title}'.

Thanks!

The list view should already be in the songs tab. Thanks.

Not seeing it, unfortunately - unless I'm looking in the wrong place? I clicked on the ellipsis next to sort options but only see the 'Show Title' and 'Group items into collections' options as per the earlier screen capture.

sexyllama

Confirming what @@bg2019 said, seeing the same thing here in Songs as Albums. Can try reinstalling all together in case it's a stray/remnant file out there that might be messing with it.

EDIT:  reran a fresh install on another host (CentOS 7 install) and it's not present for songs and albums.

Edited by sexyllama

Sorry, my mistake. Yes we'll add it to songs as well.

Thank you. Any thoughts on my other related suggestions, or would you rather they go in a seperate thread?

• 1 month later...
chezzy2

Related topic. I am running 4.0.3.0. Emby used to display the latest added music files but no longer does. Was this by design or broken in one of the updates?

Have you explored your emby user home screen settings that control what shows up on the home screen?

Do you have the option to not include watched content in latest and have watched all your music videos?