My update to Ver. 4.002 plus EMC, Throgsoft themes experience.

One2Go

Was debating where to post this but since my setup is Server on an Intel NUC with EMC and the Throgsoft themes I thought it is better focused here. I need some help with just one issue and otherwise I am satisfied so far. Judging from the traffic in the General Server forum for Windows, ONE issue should be to your liking. So here is what I did to update.

First all my media is in Libraries that reflect the content like Movies, TV Shows, Documentaries and so on. All my content has the meta data and the images in the folder where the content is located. I have everything in the recommended folder structure like:

[TV SHOWS]

TV Series

Season 1

Episodes.mkv

[Movies]

Movie Folder

Movie.mkv

Movie Coll. Folder

Movie 1

Movie1.mkv

Movie-n

Movie-n.mkv

I am using XML files because I use Media Center Master as my meta data collector and I am highly customizing my meta data and images. I have been using it since MB 2.6 and am used to it and happy. I do have the XML plugin installed and it is the 1st reader for meta data in the libraries.

The Library Scan worked and finished and I thought after that "Oh I am so screwed with my display of eye candy", but after a couple of hours got to the point that is bearable.

1. You Have to update to the Beta EMC program. No ifs or buts if you don't all your Blu-ray and DVD folders will not work. CoverArt plugin will detect them as a Blue-ray but the media info just shows up as H.264 not Blue-ray or H.262 not DVD.
  2. When trying to download and install the EMC Beta I got this message "Your security settings do not allow this application to be installed on your computer." All different Google suggestions did not work accept this one:
    https://superuser.com/questions/1252575/unable-to-install-clickonce-application-due-to-security-settings-windows-10
    Once I changed the TrustManager\PromptingLevel when now running the setup.exe I get a button that says Run and it installs. Didn't matter if I ran it as an administrator or group policy changes or m3admin.com as a trusted site only TrustManager and PromptingLevel did the trick.

Now after several restarts library scans I again assessed the changes and here are the good news as well as one issue remaining. Most likely this will have to be fixed in EMC or the server possibly CoverArt also needs tweaking and perhaps even some minor changes in the Throgsoft themes. But I would say EMC and the server are the most likely ones that require changes.

@@throgmorton could you please take a look at these screen shots and see if and what needs to be changed in your themes.

First the good, all TV content displays exactly as before with the Specials and episodes being displayed as before, well done Emby Devs.

Second all the mixed content displays exactly as before and does not have the issue with Movie content with a single MKV file in it. Everything included nested folders work as they did in the 3.5 version and the stable EMC version.

Finally the Movies by Genre works like a charm, just as expected and it does not show the one issue I have with a single movie in a folder. I use custom artwork for the Genre plus the screenshots compare selecting the movie Abyss from the Genre entry and the Movie library entry.

Movies by Genre display after selecting it from the EHS.

5c40fa70536c1_09Genre.jpg

After hitting Enter the Display of the Action Genre Selection shows with selecting the Movie Abyss.

5c40fad507b12_10GenreList.jpg

Select Movie Abyss and the Detail selection displays.

5c40fb1d90145_11GenreDetail.jpg

Now compare that to selecting the same movie Abyss from the Movie library that has Movies as content selection and you will see the issue readily. No meta data details or CoverArt treatment.

5c40fbdc49410_12MovieAbyss1.jpg

Selecting the Movie Abyss brings up an erroneous folder that is not in the path anywhere and I can't change the theme which means it is not in the Throgsoft themes, seems they are bypassed.

5c40fc95d800b_13MovieAbyss1.jpg

Finally hitting Enter brings me back into the detail display from the Throgsoft themes.

5c40fcf8ad765_14MovieAbyss1.jpg

Finally another library of just 10 movies. They contain just a single movie per folder, those that are Blu-rays display correctly, those that are just plain H.264 MKV files do not display correctly but have no meta data details when just highlighted and have the extra erroneous folder when selected but end up in the correct detail page. This library has Movies as Content.

10 Movies as displayed in FireFox of the Emby Library 1st Time Run. Everything looks correct.

5c40fe422cc6f_011stMetaMgr.jpg

EHS library 1st Time Run, again everything looks correct especially the poster display of Newest Items.

5c40fed0a7aea_021stEMCHome.jpg

Selecting the movie via the Newest Item route works perfectly and I end up at the correct detail page.

5c40ff8342d34_031stEMCNewAdded.jpg

Detail Page.

5c40ffb1448d9_041stEMCDetailFromNewest.j

Now doing the same thing using the Library entry point only works for Blu-rays or DVDs but not single movie files.

5c410016e93b6_051stEMCLibrary.jpg

Single Movie.mkv file displays no meta data and CoverArt treatment followed by erroneous folder being displayed.

5c410083b79af_061stEMCNodetail.jpg

Unexpected Folder.

5c4100e7ad960_071stEMCErronousExtraFolde

But correct details page again after hitting enter.

5c4101312d44d_081stEMCDetailFromErronous

So just to sum it up. TV shows work excellently. Mixed content works excellent. In my Documentary library I have Movies, Nested Movies and TV shows they all display correctly just as in the previous version. Movie content only works if it has either Blu-ray or DVD content, any other container, MKV, TS, MP4, AVI or M2TS does not work. Since it does not get the CoverArt treatment in the video wall it almost looks like as if the content has not been identified.

I read a comment @@Luke that you treat Movies and mixed content different and are a bit more relaxed with the mixed content. Since I have all my meta data and images the way I want them prior to a library scan, could I just change all the Libraries with Movie content to Mixed content? I do not rely on the meta data collectors that come with Emby. Is there anything else that I need to be aware of should I change from Movie Content to Mixed Content?

Finally a big thank you to your supreme effort to bring us the best local media organizer and display, my hat of to you all that develop and give support here @@ebr, @@Luke and @@Happy2Play

throgmorton

I have not upgraded to this latest version but the navigation issues are probably due to the server and not my themes as my themes just show what is being send back (so those lone folders I believe is an issue with core).  If there is any functionality not working please let me know as something may have changed with core and so I would need to make adjustments in my themes.

@@throgmorton Thanks for a quick reply, I changed the content type from Movies to Mixed Content on one of my small libraries and it solved the problem with the single Movie.mkv file displaying wrongly with the added erroneous folder.

However I had to delete the library and then recreate it with a different content. It now added it to the end of the EHS library links. I forgot where and how to change the library order on the EHS, do you remember where that is done? I use Maelstrom for the theme to display the EHS.

Thanks

Edit:

Checked the Library order and it is set correctly just not reflected in the EHS. After restarting I had problems with the themes as you already posted.

Edited by One2Go

There are some issues with mixed content libraries in 4.0 that have been resolved in the 4.1 beta.

We'll be getting a 4.0.1 stable update out within the next few days and it will include these fixes. Thanks.

There are some issues with mixed content libraries in 4.0 that have been resolved in the 4.1 beta.

We'll be getting a 4.0.1 stable update out within the next few days and it will include these fixes. Thanks.

Hopefully this will not mess up the present operation. The problem is with single movie files in a single movie folder. From the screen shots you can see the Abyss.mkv file in the Folder Abyss (1989) does not display correctly. When changing the content type from Movie to Mixed Content it works.

I am really hoping and I am sure you wholeheartedly support the the idea that this major update will soon be to the point of refinement only.

7th screen shot from the top shows you what it looks like in the library opened in Fire Fox. The web app should look the same. Throgmorton posted in this thread "the navigation issues are probably due to the server and not my themes as my themes just show what is being send back (so those lone folders I believe is an issue with core)" I came to a similar conclusion in my research. The fact that CoverArt does not treat these folders with single movies tells me that either what is being sent from the server to EMC or EMC messing up the received data.

The fact that CoverArt does not treat these folders with single movies

CoverArt works entirely on the server so, if that is not treating these items as movies, then that indicates a detection problem on the server.

Can you please try the 4.1 beta of the server?