[Feature request] TV show tunes

tube82

tube82

I don't know if this is actually already possible in XBMB3C, but I couldn't get TV show tunes to play for MB3 content so far.

Is it already possible to use them or is it even feasible to support them in XBMB3C?

xnappo

Depends on what the skins expect.  We can get a path to a file.  

xnappo

tube82

Skins seem to just run the script:

<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.tvtunes) + Skin.HasSetting(TVTunes.Enabled) + !Player.HasMedia">RunScript(script.tvtunes,backend=True)</onload>

xnappo

There has to be some other place where they are setting a window property or something that that script monitors.

im85288

I started looking into this and it seems it may be possible. Set to in-progress.

• Like 1

im85288

This is now working and does not need any skin changes to support it. 

The add-on has settings to turn it on or off and to set it on a loop if required.  

Please test and let me know if there's any issues. 

If you have the xbmb3c repo installed it has been updated with this change so look out for version 0.9.07 

tube82

I just tested it but couldn't get any themes to play. (The rotating fanart changes worked like a charm, though :) )

I think the problem may be that XBMC is running on a different machine than MB3. The log shows a local path from the server:

01:59:52 T:3872   ERROR: XFILE::CFileCache::Open - failed to open source <D:\...\2 Broke Girls\theme.mp3>

im85288

Yes it looks that way if xbmc cannot see the D:, you can use path substitution to solve that though.

xnappo

Use UNC paths !!!

Path substitution is a work-around.  In MediaBrowser server you are much better off using //computer/path/video than c:\video.

xnappo

tube82

Right, forgot about path substitution but will try UNC paths tonight! Three exclamation marks are enough to convince me ;)

im85288

Yeah UNC paths when you can, path substitution when you can't (ie Linux/osx MB3 server)..but never local PC drive paths :)

tube82

I just tried with path substitution and it didn't work either:

19:36:01 T:2636   ERROR: XFILE::CFileCache::Open - failed to open source <\\192.168.2.113\path\According to Jim\theme.mp3>

When I copy and paste the path in the windows explorer the file plays.

Edited by tube82

tube82

Switching to UNC didn't help either.

I can play the vidoes from UNC paths with "Play from stream instead of SMB" disabled and I can copy&paste the link in the explorer and play the theme just fine.

Any idea what could cause this?

[edit]

with local paths it works on the server

Edited by tube82

im85288

I am confused a bit here, so it does work correctly now?

I use path substitution as I have MB3 running on an OSX server and have not had any problems at all. My media is all on a NAS that has the NFS protocol built in so I map things such as:

/Volumes/music nfs://192.168.1.8/volume1/music

where /Volumes/music is local to my OSX machine and nfs://192.168.1.8/volume1/music is the path on my NAS

If you have it set up correctly there should not be any playback problems. 

Vidman

This is not working for me... I have set xbmb3c set to transcode and stream instead of smb as I am connecting to my server remotely. Without these options set videos don't play

Edited by Vidman

im85288

This is not working for me... I have set xbmb3c set to transcode and stream instead of smb as I am connecting to my server remotely. Without these options set videos don't play

Yes it currently only play's the theme music without any transcoding taking place...I'll have a look into this and put up a fix later.

im85288

The fix is now there so that it transcodes Audio as needed (note - Music/Audio was never being transcoded before so it should now work remotely for Music too). Version 0.9.08 of the xbmb3c add-on is in the xbmb3c add ons repo..or alternatively try the latest from Github.

Can you test it and let me know how it goes. Thanks

tube82

I don't know what changed, but it seems to work with network paths now. :)

However, after a while I get an exception:

19:20:36 T:1584   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-6:
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\threading.py", line 808, in __bootstrap_inner
                                                self.run()
                                              File "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\MediaBrowser.XBMC-master\resources\lib\ThemeMusic.py", line 52, in run
                                                self.updateThemeMusic()
                                              File "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\MediaBrowser.XBMC-master\resources\lib\ThemeMusic.py", line 90, in updateThemeMusic
                                                themePlayUrl = PlayUtils.getPlayUrl(mb3Host + ":" + mb3Port,themeItems[0].get("Id"),themeItems[0])
                                              File "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\MediaBrowser.XBMC-master\Utils.py", line 22, in getPlayUrl
                                                xbmcgui.Dialog().ok(__language__(30130), __language__(30131) + playurl)
                                            NameError: global name '__language__' is not defined

im85288

I don't know what changed, but it seems to work with network paths now. :)

However, after a while I get an exception:

19:20:36 T:1584   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-6:
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\threading.py", line 808, in __bootstrap_inner
                                                self.run()
                                              File "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\MediaBrowser.XBMC-master\resources\lib\ThemeMusic.py", line 52, in run
                                                self.updateThemeMusic()
                                              File "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\MediaBrowser.XBMC-master\resources\lib\ThemeMusic.py", line 90, in updateThemeMusic
                                                themePlayUrl = PlayUtils.getPlayUrl(mb3Host + ":" + mb3Port,themeItems[0].get("Id"),themeItems[0])
                                              File "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\MediaBrowser.XBMC-master\Utils.py", line 22, in getPlayUrl
                                                xbmcgui.Dialog().ok(__language__(30130), __language__(30131) + playurl)
                                            NameError: global name '__language__' is not defined

Thanks for the bug report, I had a look and the problem above probably caused it to play! It should pop up a dialog asking you to put transcoding on. I've committed the fix to github, could you try again?

tube82

Yep, it works now!

The popup really was about the transcoding. It was a path I hadn't changed to UNC yet.

Seems to work without problems now, very nice :)

One suggestion though:

While scrolling through a list of TV shows various themes start and fade out immediately. I would prefer themes to only play if an item is selected for a couple of seconds so it doesn't start on a show I just pass while scrolling.

Edited by tube82
  • Like 1

im85288

Cool, glad it's working now and yes I do agree with your suggestion. I'll have a think about how it can be done and get something in there to improve it.

• Like 1