Auto play next item popup

j0nnymoe

j0nnymoe

Good Evening,

Running Kodi v18 RC5 with Emby addon 3.1.44a / Emby Server Beta Version 4.0.0.2 beta.

All working great but getting this popup when kodi tries to play the next episode that has a resume point:

5c40f2eeb93c3_kodi_20190117_211956.png

Is there a setting I've missed which will automatically select play from beginning for me?

Thanks

• Like 1

j0nnymoe

Yea I'm doing that currently, but Ideally it would be nice for items to continuously play through without interaction.

Would it be possible to get this added? In previous versions of the Emby Addon this never used to be an issue.

Thanks

VladTepz

+1

I've noticed this recently too. It's having the popup in a "Play All/Play next episode automatically" Smart Playlist that's an issue. For when you just want something playing in the background...

The popup is welcome when selecting a episode manually.  :) 

For example, we have a playlist we use at night, (because the wife can't fall asleep without the TV playing. :wacko: ), then have my HA setup to turn off Kodi/TV at a specific time so it doesn't run all night.

But, the resume popup has lowered the WAF a bit for me... :(

That said, I understand why, and it makes sense to have the popup, as I believe the old way just defaulted to starting at the resume point, which wasn't ideal, but was acceptable.

Just hoping there might be a middle ground that's not to difficult to implement possibly for those that wish to ignore resume points while using a "Play All/Play next episode automatically" Smart Playlist.

Edited by VladTepz

How did you get RC5 to install both it and newer RC5.2 stick at Migration for me and even if I disable the Embuary skin first, RC4 is fine though

VladTepz

Actually, after just testing a stand alone episode with Emby addon 3.1.44a / Emby Server Stable Version 4.0.0.2, I get 2 popups. The Built-in popup for "Play from Beginning/Resume" then a few seconds later, the Kodi for Emby popup for "Play from Beginning/Resume"...  :huh:

sualfred

Should be fixed now. Please go in the add-on settings > advanced > check for updates.

• Like 2

Whatever was done to fix above peeps issue seems to have messed it up for me.

I watched 1/2 a movie and later resume, it pops up like above and I choose resume from the H:M:S but then it ask me a 2nd time and then it plays fine (I tested this a few times) then at end of movie i get pop up to delete it so choose YES but I can see a greyed out version of the movie still playing in the background 1 chapter or so behind.

Edited by jh30uk

sualfred

@@jh30uk

I cannot reproduce it.

But I have a feeling why you are seeing this. 

Please open a info dialog of a movie and enable the debug info in the left side bar. Then upload a screenshot/foto of the screen so I can see the value of the "Listitem path" in the upper right corner

Like this:

B4-FB3314-B4-A9-4984-A836-9-B961-FD9-D56

Edited by sualfred

sualfred

@@jh30uk

No, I need the info dialog. Hover an episode/movie and press "i" on your keyboard or "info" on your remote. Or access it via the context menu -> "Show information"

Starting a playback and provide a Kodi log is also fine.

Edited by sualfred

I am on a Nvidia Shield TV with Harmony Elite Remote (its info button does not do that in Kodi AFAIK)  I will try that during movie as soon as I return.

Having issue uploading photos here, will use 3rd party host.

j74zky.png

Edited by jh30uk

sualfred

That's the movie information from the player. That does not help. I need it from the GUI.

You also can long press the select/enter button to come up with the context menu. At least that's the default action of the Shield remote.

Or a log of a Kodi session where you start a movie. That's also enough. 

I am doing exactly what you asked above now using the Shields own remote and it looks near the same to me.

1g0oww.png

Edited by jh30uk

sualfred

Now the debug items are filled. But my feeling was wrong.

Could you please try to reproduce the issue again and upload a normal Kodi log afterwards?

Because no matter how often I try it, it always works on my end.

And what are the exact steps to reproduce?

I have received two plug in updates for Kodi tonight both from Emby Plug In's, Emby Leia and Emby Helper AFAIR and no longer see the double resume issue but unsure it its temperamental.

I thought the known issue with Library not updating etc was down to Windows Emby server's Kodi Companion which the DEV has listed updates for though my install is still 2.0.9.0

Edited by jh30uk

sualfred

Ok, I'll mark it as "fixed" since the other ones are not facing it anymore and it's working on my end, too.

If you face it again please upload a log and let us know the way to reproduce it.