[Feature request] Additional fanarts/backdrops

tube82

tube82

I couldn't get it to work yet. Is there anything I have to do first?

I am still only getting the primary backdrop.

I was using latest git of Aeon Nox and XBMB3C.

Edited by tube82

xnappo

I couldn't get it to work yet. Is there anything I have to do first?

I am still only getting the primary backdrop.

I was using latest git of Aeon Nox and XBMB3C.

Hmmm - no.  You restarted XBMC I assume?

xnappo

tube82

Sure, restarted a couple of times.

[edit]

XBMC is running on a different machine than the MB3 server, if that could have anything to do with it.

Whats the setup you tested on?

Edited by tube82

xnappo

I did test locally, but that should not make any difference.  Are you seeing rotating random art on your 'Movies' entry?

For the rotating items - to be clear - if you go to the list of your movies that is where the art should rotate through the backdrops for each.  Just wanted to make sure you were not looking in the 'info' screen.

xnappo

tube82

Oh, it really does work for movies, didn't try that before!

Still doesn't work for TV, though.

[edit]

Maybe that didn't sound ecstatic enough, let me rephrase it: It works really well for movies, well done :)

Edited by tube82

xnappo

Okay - yeah - sorry - I should have told you WHAT to test :D

It is only set up for movies as an example - packing up to go camping but wanted to get y'all started.

Be back Sunday!

xnappo

• Like 1

im85288

Just tried this out and it's awesome! Good work :)

xnappo

Thanks! And thanks for the mods for music and TV shows.  Eminence support coming soon?

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

im85288

Thanks! And thanks for the mods for music and TV shows.  Eminence support coming soon?

xnappo

No problem, Yes Eminence support added now along with Theme Music for TV and Movie Shows. Update is in the repo for the skin and beta version 0.9.07 of the xbmb3c add-on. 

Hopefully there's not too many bugs in there  :rolleyes:

I would say we can set this to Completed.

Edited by im85288
  • Like 1

Vidman

No problem, Yes Eminence support added now along with Theme Music for TV and Movie Shows. Update is in the repo for the skin and beta version 0.9.07 of the xbmb3c add-on.

Hopefully there's not too many bugs in there :rolleyes:

I would say we can set this to Completed.

What is required for theme music to work? Does it required the skin to support it or the TV themes xbmc plugin installed?

im85288

What is required for theme music to work? Does it required the skin to support it or the TV themes xbmc plugin installed?

No skin support or any other plugins are needed. As long as you have theme music in either your tv or movies folder and they play via the web client you will be able to listen to them when browsing the xbmb3c add-on. Give it a try and you'll see what I mean.

Incidentally, a nice workaround for those who do not want to pay for the TV/Movie Theme plugins in MB3 is to use the TV Tunes add-on in xbmc to download all the theme music..in the end a file called theme.mp3 is placed in your tv/movie folder and the MB3 server scrapes it from there.

xnappo

Marking this as done.  Thanks to @ and @@im85288 for helping finish it out.  

xnappo

BTW - for those who haven't used this before - you may want to bump your max backdrops up from 3 to 5 or even 8 on the server :)  Lots of nice eye candy out there!

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 1