Trakt TV Plugin sent unwatched state to a lot of my watched movies/episodes to Trakt.

MatsF

HI,

I have a Plex since many years and I have since a little bit over a week started an Emby Server.

The first thing I wanted to fix was to sync watch state between Plex/Emby.

But a couple of days ago I realized that Trakt tV plugin from Emby had made a lot of my watched movies/episodes unwatched. It obviously happened in the beginning before i got it to work, because I had some problems with it first.

It may very well be that I did something wrong, or it may be a bug in the plugin somewhere. 

I dont want to do the same mistake again if it was me, and I wanted to tell you if there is a bug somewhere in the plugin that let this happen!

So, does anybody know any way this could happen? 

/Mats

That was fast :)

Yes, and I have read them again and again, and what I can see there is no setting where you can turn on anything that will sync unwatched from Emby to Trakt at all!

I can´t see any reason to do that at all, either in settings or automatic.

And it happened again! 

I got some fast help from Trakt.tv that actually restored 504 plays to watched that Emby had changed to unwatched.
A couple of minutes later Emby changed all of them back to unwatched.

Yes of course I did.

If it is enabled: according to the text, it will skip unwatched import from Trakt to Emby, only watched state will be imported from Trakt to Emby. Says nothing about doing anything from Emby to Trakt.

If it is disabled maybe the import from Trakt (only when it runs from the scheduled task) to Emby will overwrite watched to unwatched.

I am not native in English but I don´t find it saying anything about what happens with unwatched state from Emby to Trakt at all!

Also, the status of the 2 scheduled tasks:

1. "Import playstates from Trakt.tv". This wouldnt be able to do it because it will just import playstate  from Trakt.tv not the other way around. But that was ran 9 hours ago.
  2. "Sync library to Trakt.tv". This task doesn't say what it does exactly but it hasn't run for 5 days so it could not have been that task that set 502 playstates to unwatched in Trakt.tv yesterday night (Europe time)..

Please explain where it does say that and if so how this setting should be to not have the Trakt plugin destroying Trakt with changing watched to unwatched in Trakt?

Edited by MatsF

What about this option?

Update Trakt watched history during Scheduled Task

Is this checked?

That option has an explanation:

"If checked, Emby will only sync from Trakt during the Trakt scheduled tasks". For me it means, when it is checked, that it will only sync from Trakt during Trakt Scheduled Tasks, no other time, but it is from Trakt not to Trakt.

1. Does it matter if that option is checked or not for the problem I have/had? Do you know that or why are you asking about it?
  2. The same questions about the option before, "Skip unwatched import from Trakt"?
  3. If you don´t know if there is a combination of settings that can create this problem, surely somebody else would know!
I really don´t know why you are not explaining anything to me. Why you put up one option now and then that doesn't seem to have anything to do with my problem,. And all that without any explanation.

The trakt is a community maintained plugin. I am not an expert with it but I am trying to help you with it.

Yes I think that option is probably the reason for your troubles, and it looks like the help text on it needs to be improved.

Does this help?

Yes I notice that you try to help me with it and I appreciate that.

I really don´t want Emby to ever push unwatched state to Trakt, ever. 

But I still don´t know what to do, or even which option to set and to what?

Or should I do something with both options we have discussed?

Is there a person you know that may be an expert and that you can ask?

Edited by MatsF

Update Trakt watched history during Scheduled Task

I think you should uncheck this option.

Beyond that, the scheduled tasks are something that you should only be running once manually when you first install Trakt, and you should understand what they are before running them. Once syncs data to Trakt, the other from Trakt. They are potentially destructive operations.

You don't need to be running these tasks for things like normal scrobbling to work. Does this help?