TV Guide - Poor Performance

matty87a

matty87a

Hi,

Using the LG WebOS app, the TV guide is very slow to load.

The channels/recordings pages etc seem fine, but the guide is slow to load and then slow to respond.

There is no issue when accessing the guide through the standard web page. The emby theatre site is a little slower to load but other than that its fine.

Is this a known limitation of the WebOS app?

• 2 months later...

It may not be too much different, but we will be revamping the guide in the near future. thanks.

unisoft

It may not be too much different, but we will be revamping the guide in the near future. thanks.

Would be cool if when you click on a channel and it show the listings it tabulated it (like Media Center) rather than  just a text list.

Also if you have scrolled down the list, if you go to look at details or set to RECORD for example, when you exit it goes back to the top of the list. Highly annoying if you are going through the weeks EPG of data, seeing whats on and setting what to record as the list resets (I think most of the apps are like this?).

If you keep similar to Media Center you can't go wrong.

• Like 1

d it show the listings it tabulated it (like Media Center) rather than  just a text list.

Do you have a screenshot of this? Thanks.

unisoft

Yep.

EPG:

You can right click anywhere on a programme name to set a record or record series or view information or delete from record schedules or view cast information:

5c8fa0356e327_EPG.jpg

Single RED circle = RECORD PROGRAMME, Triple circle = SERIES RECORD. You could have green circle for PROGRAMME REMINDER SET.

When you click on channel name, this screen shows the days programming and you can right click to set further options like RECORD or RECORD SERIES, see cast etc. It also has every day for that channel if you keep scrolling down

5c8fa07a466ae_EPGDailyChannelView.jpg

Scrolling left takes you to the categories of the EPG jumping out:

5c8fa0ce3a985_EPGCategories.jpg

Edited by unisoft
  • Like 1

unisoft

Right clicking (or pressing INFO button remote control) a programme name in the EPG gives a context menu:

5c8fa2688941f_EPGRightClick.jpg

Edited by unisoft
  • Like 1

mark-in-dallas

Are the above shown screenshots of a Beta version being tested, because I have none of the functionality shown in the screenshots above.

An issue that I'm having though, is that the bottom portion of the guide that is supposed to show program info for a selected program is almost completely cutoff.  Any ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

5c90086d30050_20190318_154547.jpg  5c90087d98f3a_20190318_155132.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
unisoft

Hi Luke

Did you have a look at the screen shots for how Windows Media Center did the guide categories and showing a selected channel's programming schedule in its own grid screen?

unisoft

Are the above shown screenshots of a Beta version being tested, because I have none of the functionality shown in the screenshots above.

An issue that I'm having though, is that the bottom portion of the guide that is supposed to show program info for a selected program is almost completely cutoff.  Any ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Luke - another customer has actually posted a picture of the EPG and the bottom picture missing.

On my LG app, the EPG goes on listing right down to very bottom of the screen and then overlays pictures partly over the bottom of the EPG with the LG 1.0.15 app.

• 2 weeks later...

So essentially in WMC when you click on a channel you see a mini version of the same guide interface. Is that what you're trying to suggest?

unisoft

So essentially in WMC when you click on a channel you see a mini version of the same guide interface. Is that what you're trying to suggest?

No. You do get a mini guide as well, but I showed the main EPG.

I was showing rather than a big long text list of programmes for every channel, how Media Center displays a friendly grid for the channel when you click its logo or channel number. You get the whole days view and you an scroll though the days ahead making setting upcoming recordings easier. Also showing the recording icons for a single recording and a series recording in the EPG.

The current Emby EPG is not finished really, as when you look at a text list of programmes and go into a specific programme to either set a record or look at details, when you return to the list it resets to the first item again. Not user friendly.

• 7 months later...
unisoft

Yep.

EPG:

You can right click anywhere on a programme name to set a record or record series or view information or delete from record schedules or view cast information:

5c8fa0356e327_EPG.jpg

Single RED circle = RECORD PROGRAMME, Triple circle = SERIES RECORD. You could have green circle for PROGRAMME REMINDER SET.

When you click on channel name, this screen shows the days programming and you can right click to set further options like RECORD or RECORD SERIES, see cast etc. It also has every day for that channel if you keep scrolling down

5c8fa07a466ae_EPGDailyChannelView.jpg

Scrolling left takes you to the categories of the EPG jumping out:

5c8fa0ce3a985_EPGCategories.jpg

Hi Luke,

Various versions have come and gone, but the output on any tv channel from the EPG/GUIDE is still awful.

When you click on the tv station logo in the EPG/GUIDE, its lists all the EPG days containing programme data it has, but the presentation is basic/primitive to say the least.

As I showed previously, Microsoft showed each day in a clean table (images above) and when you went into details of any programme, it did not reset your position in the list back to day one in the data (the emby web client does this!!!!). So for example, if I was on Dec 25th and went in to press record button from details of the programme when I go back, the list of output goes back to the beginning (e.g. if first day was Dec 15th) meaning extra scrolling to get back to Dec 25th and beyond.

This is a bad user experience issue. Can it pleased be fixed and ASAP? The basics should be fixed before a lot of "wanna" new stuff.

When you 

unisoft

and it is STILL broken around 4 versions after initial reporting?

unisoft

Yes we are looking into this. Thanks for reporting.

Whilst you are fixing it, please could you look at the ROKU app as the programmer there displays the TV station logos so that they are large enough to be useful.

Its back to the 10 foot away user interface again on a television rather than on a computer monitor in front of you. Thanks :)