Live TV strictly a premier option now?

brucipher

brucipher

Hello. I've been using Emby for a while now, and I was using xmltv for my guide data. Since the new server update live TV is not working anymore (I had been using it on my Android phone and Chromecast). Was this moved being the premier paywall? If so that is really really disappointing. Is there any way to download the server version right before 4.0?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

brucipher

Wow... That's a real bummer to take functionality away that was always free. So long Emby...

maegibbons

Wow... That's a real bummer to take functionality away that was always free. So long Emby...

What a twat!

Its YOUR loss! Do you think anybody will mind you not using emby? You have given nothing for the software for anybody to be concerned.

So glad they took this decision to force out the freeloaders.

Krs

Mark

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

WilhelmStroker

Cause god forbid developers trying to make a living from their hard work.
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
vasco_nl

Good luck with the alternatives :)

Plex up and running and IPTV works great for free here in that Plex Web App ;)

Nice for the users that reside in the called countries from this announcement Exciting Additions Coming Soon in Emby Server 3.6

But I do not live in one of these countries and have to pay for my IPTV account separately so no benefit from Emby Premiere here for people outside those countries.

With this version I can't no longer use my IPTV account with Emby and do not see why I should pay extra for premiere without benefit of the live TV guide data.

So there is a lot of work to do to get all other countries to work with IPTV or keep it free for al other countries so we can use our own IPTV stream account.

Edited by vasco_nl

vasco_nl

When I try to watch it really show that I need a premiere account.

Attached a screenshot from the Emby backend trying to watch IPTV and a screenshot where I did the config.

5d08973eef3f2_Embybackend.jpg

5d089756dd6cd_Embyfrontendconfig.jpg

Happy2Play

Right, IPTV and Live TV are not the same, they are two separate features.

vasco_nl

The IPTV plugin do not work with IPTV providers multi channels and from another threat I understand I have to use the Live TV module.

In that threat Luke told that IPTV is for a single IP stream and not for IPTV providers.

So I followed that threat and Luke's instruction in the past and IPTV worked great that way but since the new version not anymore because it keep asking for a Emby Premiere account.

Or the IPTV plugin needs to be updated so it will work or there is something not well thought about the Emby Premiere needed for Live TV outside the countries (USA, Canada or UK) who have benefit from that IPTV module.

Edited by vasco_nl

or there is something not well thought about the Emby Premiere needed for Live TV outside the countries (USA, Canada or UK) who have benefit from that IPTV module.

Hi.  The Premiere requirement for Live TV is not related to where you are.  It is true that we do not have free guide data for countries other than US/UK/Canada right now but that should not matter for a m3u provider which usually includes guide data as well.

vasco_nl

So it is just gone behind the premiere wall something that was function very well and I still have to pay for another service to get use for it.

To bad, Emby was beautiful but then I've to go further with Plex if that's the case. I'm not going to pay twice for watching TV channels.

Edited by vasco_nl