Version 4.0.0.2 Update Issues and Opinions

theusedversion

theusedversion

ISSUES

• Genres are messed up.  I now have a "Science Fiction" genre and a "Science-Fiction" genre.  I have zero movies or tv shows using "Science-Fiction" with the hyphen in the metadata.  I specifically have to change this for every single science fiction tv show I add to my library because TVDB uses the name with a hyphen whereas TMDB does not and I want everything to match.  When I click on "Science-Fiction" genre under Genres, it brings up all my science fiction movies/shows before the update.  I double checked the metadata and nfos and I have it listed as just "Science Fiction" for all those movies/shows.  But I also have a "Science Fiction" genre under Genres. If I click on that, it brings up the two science fiction movies I added to the library today post-update. So unless you have a fix, I'm going to have to go through almost 1000 movies and shows and delete the current science fiction genre in the metadata and then re-add it so they all are grouped into the same genre.
  • No filter or sorting in Favorites depending on how you reach Favorites. 1. Click on Movies or TV Shows under My Media on the home screen and then click on Favorites from the top bar, it gives you no sorting or filtering. 2. If you click on Favorites from the home screen at the very top (Home / Favorites) then click on Favorite Movies or Favorite TV Shows, it will give you the filter and sorting options. This happens when using a browser on my desktop and also in the Android app.
  • When you access Collections from the Home Screen under My Media, there's a single random year listed under every title of each collection. I can't make any sense what the date corresponds to.  It's not the year of the earliest or latest movie in the collection.  The date doesn't show up under the name of the collection if you go to Movies or TV Shows under My Media first and then select Collections from the top bar.
  • All my chapter image extractions just disappeared. Not a big deal. But I'm wondering if all those GBs of images were deleted or do I need to go in and manually do so? I'm running the scan again right now.

OPINIONS

• Totals are no longer listed.  No idea how many movies or tv shows/episodes I have unless I go into statistics which I do not like at all. I think totals should be listed on just about everything. Movies, TV Shows, Collections, Favorites, Genres, etc.
  • The big white bars with arrows to horizontal scroll in various places needs a redesign imo.  The look seems out of place with the rest of it.
  • I read in one of your comments to another user about the fact that there were so many fundamental changes to the database that its impossible to go back to a previous version.  I think in the future it would be wise to give a pop up warning for automatic update users saying that it won't be possible to roll back to a previous version, remind users to do a backup and give the user a chance to defer the update until they are 100% ready.  Only on the big updates that really change things like 4.0 did.
  • Like 1

• Totals are no longer listed.  No idea how many movies or tv shows/episodes I have unless I go into statistics which I do not like at all. I think totals should be listed on just about everything. Movies, TV Shows, Collections, Favorites, Genres, etc.

They will come back in an upcoming update.

For the issues, can you let me know which ones are still outstanding following the completion of the scan? Thanks !

When you access Collections from the Home Screen under My Media

This will be removed. Thanks for the feedback.

For your genre issue, try installing the Genre Cleaner plug-in.  It is designed to deal with this exact metadata problem.

As for a popup or other interaction necessary for update - this is a server which, for most people, is unattended.  So we cannot force a pop-up.  You can, however, turn off automatic updates and then update manually when you wish.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

When you access Collections from the Home Screen under My Media, there's a single random year listed under every title of each collection. I can't make any sense what the date corresponds to.  It's not the year of the earliest or latest movie in the collection.  The date doesn't show up under the name of the collection if you go to Movies or TV Shows under My Media first and then select Collections from the top bar.

Removed in next release.

• Remove display of year on collections list
Edited by Happy2Play

theusedversion

Problem with the genres still persist.  But I discovered that I only have to open up the Edit Metadata screen and then immediately select Save at the bottom without doing anything else to have it update the genre to the correct one.  Hesitant to use the genre cleaner in case it resets the genres.  I have manually edited all my genres for the most part so I am afraid it will screw that up.  I keep a video store format of a movie in only one genre at a time so I delete all extra genres except for the main one.  Anyways, It shouldn't take too long to fix the issue now that I discovered this quick fix.

Also I discovered that you can no longer select multiple years in the filters. I often like to select all the years of a decade, like the 80s, and then choose a movie.  That's now impossible.  I hope that feature returns.

Edited by theusedversion

kikinjo

One more, when u select artist in music for example, albums are not sorted by year like it was way before 3.5, now they are randomly sorted. It would be nice if they can be sorted by year from older to newer. Thanks.

Happy2Play

One more, when u select artist in music for example, albums are not sorted by year like it was way before 3.5, now they are randomly sorted. It would be nice if they can be sorted by year from older to newer. Thanks.

Can you show an example as mine are sorted by year-descending.  Unless you are talking about a different view.

5c457df62f22c_artist.jpg

fraenhawk
When you access Collections from the Home Screen under My Media, there's a single random year listed under every title of each collection. I can't make any sense what the date corresponds to.  It's not the year of the earliest or latest movie in the collection.  The date doesn't show up under the name of the collection if you go to Movies or TV Shows under My Media first and then select Collections from the top bar.

Removed in next release.

• Remove display of year on collections list

It was removed from the list, but not from the collection itself. When you click on a collection it still has the year under the collection title next to the rating (how does a collection have a rating anyways?)

Some metadata on the collections comes from the media within the collection. If you have action movies in a collection, then it's nice to be able to see Action genre on the collection screen, and then be able to sort/filter collections based on that.