4.0.0.2 Reordered all media - used BU plug in but no reorder

blumamba

blumamba

I restarted my server for the update to complete and it re scanned the libraries and wiped out the orders I placed them in.  I have the backup and restore set for 7 bu's and used the bu for the day prior to the update so it would restore my libraries to the orders I had them in.

It did nothing that I noticed and did not restore my libraries as I had them.

What did I miss?

blumamba

I am clarifying my initial post as I can see how it was confusing, my bad.

The order of the movie library was not restored.  Now, during the update itself it did back up all settings and library settings as I checked after and all settings were the same.  The order of the libraries were all the same.  Upon entering the movies library ONLY (tv series was restored correctly) they were all in alphabetical order and not the "sort" order I had previously.  So, I did the back up again, and same thing, everything except the Movie library was correct.  I spent 5 hours resorting and refreshing only to find on the server and client the order will not update to display correctly.  Looking back in the metadata section it shows the correct order I set up and saved but it will not display in that order on the server itself or any client.

I hope I cleared up the confusion?

Edited by blumamba

Happy2Play

I am clarifying my initial post as I can see how it was confusing, my bad.

The order of the movie library was not restored.  Now, during the update itself it did back up all settings and library settings as I checked after and all settings were the same.  The order of the libraries were all the same.  Upon entering the movies library ONLY (tv series was restored correctly) they were all in alphabetical order and not the "sort" order I had previously.  So, I did the back up again, and same thing, everything except the Movie library was correct.  I spent 5 hours resorting and refreshing only to find on the server and client the order will not update to display correctly.  Looking back in the metadata section it shows the correct order I set up and saved but it will not display in that order on the server itself or any client.

I hope I cleared up the confusion?

I am confused about what were are talking about.  Are you talking about your library order ie the way they appear in My Media section on the home screen?  Or your actual media sort order?  Or are you referring to the Sort Title of your media that may have been lost during this update?

blumamba

During the initial upgrade it did back up and restore all settings and library configs with the exception of the movies library.  It did not back up and replace the "sort" order for the movies, but TV series it did.  I am attaching 3 pics for reference.

The first is the TV series which demonstrates the sort order applied that was backed up and replaced by the initial and back up restore process.

5c43563d4cbb1_EmbyTVSeriersLibrarywithwi

The second Demonstrates The non sorted movies that was done during the initial upgrade and through the back up process.

5c4357647d7b1_EmbyMovieLibrarywithnosort

The third is the currently applied sort order in the metadata manager that is clearly saved and sorted properly to my liking.  As you can see from picture two the sorts were not applied in either the initial upgrade or subsequent back ups.  So I manually went back in and reapplied the sorts to my liking however as you can see from pic 2 they are still not sorting where as in pic 1 with the tv series it did it from the get go.

5c43582d600f7_Metadatamanageronserverwit

I hope I finally got the issue across?  This is just related to the metadata manager sort order only, all of my other settings were replaced correctly with the exception of the movie library sort order.  Thanks for being patient with me.

In other words I cant even manually sort the movies to my liking now.

Edited by blumamba

In that screenshot example, try expanding the Promethius folder and then changing the sort order on the movie.

It's on our list for review. If you need the libraries sorted immediately then I would do it manually.

blumamba

In the last set up in config emby would not detect the server (server app) and now it does. So I removed and rebuilt the libraries with the server.  I discovered during this that you have to manually sort on both names for primary for it to sort in the metadata manager and the sub folder for it to sort in the client app.  It has to be done in both for it to sort in the server and the app.  This also occurs in the other libraries as well, tv etc.

Thanks for looking into it.

blumamba

np.  I did the reorder with no issue using both.  As some of the others have reported now with the fresh scan it is leaving out several tv series episodes.  It scans the show in just skipping the episodes.  I rescanned again and it leaves out the same few.

any advise on that yet?  or just wait until you work it out?  I figure you are aware of it and are working on it.

again thanks for all your time, i do appreciate it.

blumamba

I did the reorder with no issue using both. 

As some of the others have reported now with the fresh scan it is leaving out several tv series episodes.  It scans the show in just skipping the episodes. 

I rescanned again and it leaves out the same few series and refuses to acknowledge them.

This is an update comment after the rescan and reorder the picture art missing posts of others and my comment on it getting better. After the fresh rescan and reorder of the libraries the displaying art issue is back now and is now worse than before.  I dont know if that info helps as I stated that the last few upgrades it got better and was almost not even an issue, as they were not fresh installs or fresh library scans, upgrades only.

again thanks for all your time, i do appreciate it.

blumamba

I have placed 2 short videos in my Google drive with the logs in hopes it will help with the re order issues and the cover art displays, and tv episodes not scanning in.  I know there are several thread dedicated to each but why copy and past in each?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1UML8zf172u-F5rKkdin6OIH7mQF09TSY?usp=sharing

Please dont take my post for being impatient as I am aware this takes lots of time in some cases and I am only trying to help (limited as it may be) and thats it:)

blumamba

I did not see an answer to the tv series episodes not scanning in.

Is that something you are working to resolve too?

blumamba

I have placed 2 short videos in my Google drive with the logs in hopes it will help with the re order issues and the cover art displays, and tv episodes not scanning in.  I know there are several thread dedicated to each but why copy and past in each?

https://drive.google...TSY?usp=sharing

If you notice in the initial screen shots above for the TV series (used for the original re order issue) you will see for example "The Flash" has been restored using the BU plug in and it correctly shows the number of episode via the green circle.  Upon entering the show it displays the seasons and episodes correctly.

After the full rescan of the movies and tv series emby failed to "scan" the episodes and seasons.  In the video you will see and hear the video explanation that now "The Flash" does not show the episode number due to it not scanning in the series.

This is for several series and I did delete and re direct the folders to see if that was the issue but it rescanned in some series and left out the same series 3 times in a row.  Nothing was changed in the folders as the initial BU install did not have those issues.

Thanks

Happy2Play

I am trying to understand the issue in this topic.

One issue appears to be about lost sorttitles on movies (I assume do to metadata not save with media) during the version migration.

And the second issue appear to be about not seeing season or episodes in series.

@@blumamba
The google drive link above requires permissions.

What do you see in the web client for the movies image issue and the series?

The image issue for Movies in Theater looks like a cache issue.

Edited by Happy2Play

blumamba

@@Happy2Play - you are correct as to the sort issue.  That has been addressed by Luke as well as the missing cover art issue.

the second issue is semi correct.  I am not sure what happened in the google drive as  I did have the permissions set correctly.  I re shared them so they should be set to go, if not let me know.  

As for the TV series not scanning in, it is only the same exact handful that will not scan the seasons or episodes after a full new scan and/or reset/redirect of the network folders.  This was done only after I went in to manually reorder the movies as the TV Series did correctly re order, display, and play correctly after the initial upgrade and 2 back ups/recoveries to determine if I was at fault with the initial re order issue.

After realizing this was a snafu that would be addressed in time I went in and manually reordered the Movies.  After I updated the order in the TV series I noticed that a new series that I just added did not scan in the seasons or episodes.

I then removed knowingly, the network locations and re pointed them to the same location and performed the fresh scan of the folders.  After the scan was complete I discovered that several series did not have any seasons or episodes scanned.  So I performed the back up/recovery and they showed up and played again correctly.  I then removed the folder locations (which I had to add manually as it would not Pick up the server name on the network locator in previous editions of emby) and added them via the network location that was now showing up in the emby update.

After the rescan The same exact series did not scan and makes one believe there is nothing in the actual season folder.  So I checked just to confirm my raid drive didnt fail or some other disaster didnt occur.  Everything was intact so I rescanned again with the same results.  The same series not showing up. 

So this is why I did the video just to clarify mine and other users statements.  please advise me if the link still doesnt work.

Thanks

Edited by Luke