iPad app - discussion

darwindeeds

darwindeeds

Here is a link to our blog

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/blog/1/entry-58-media-browser-ipad-app-update/

Please feel free to ask any questions that you may have

Update: .05/10/2014

Hey guys, just wanted to give you an update on how things are progressing. We are pretty close to done with the work for our app store submission, there are 2 outstanding issues related to Airplay and remote that we want to address before launch. We are targeting the app-store submission in the next few days. Stay tuned for more updates. 

Edited by darwindeeds
  • Like 4

If you haven't seen the blog post yet, get over there because the app looks incredible.

• Like 1

steelman1991

Not been approved yet according to the blog post - 10 May for submission.

Superb work.

Edited by steelman1991

swhitmore

Not been approved yet according to the blog post - 10 May for submission.

Superb work.

Ah, I should have read it more thoroughly.

• 2 weeks later...
darwindeeds

We are on the final sprint, planning on the final build tonight. Bars any major issues the app will be submitted to the App Store this week.

• Like 2

mediacowboy

Two iPad mini's waiting for their new app

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sfnetwork

Two iPad mini's waiting for their new app

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And they both will be happy to have been patient  ;)

This is really going to be an amazing app for Media Browser. First release will have more features that I would have expected for a initial release. Devs have really been working hard (and fast), even on details. 

Still a lot to do after, MB has a lot to offer...

Edited by sfnetwork
  • Like 3

jls1986

My birthday is tomorrow, the Media Browser iPad app sure would be a good gift :)

Will the iPad app have the option to enable subtitles? I don't see this feature on the iPhone version, unless I am overlooking it.

Thanks for all your hard work. I can't wait. :)

darwindeeds

The subtitles will not be added for the initial release, but the server side is working on adding subtitles so the app will be updated based on server changes. We are planning add uservoice (or something similar) to let users vote for the most wanted features and am sure subtitles will be at the top, so we are hoping its not too far behind.

• Like 1

maybecrazy

Are the controls any better than the win8.1 app when pushing video to DLNA DMR ?

I have the win8.1 app on my tablet and controlling playback on a DMR is flaky to say the very least, having said that the win8.1 app doesn't seem to get much love at all.

Main issues I have are no resume and no chapter skip.

Edited by maybecrazy

darwindeeds

@@maybecrazy I hope the controls are better.

You can play by chapters or resume from the last played position. The player controls itself are pretty basic but we would be happy to take user requests. Once the app is in the store, we will setup a feedback system where the users can vote of feature requests. 

kreeturez

out anytime soon?

Apparently it's already been pushed to the app store and is just awaiting Apple's approval!

See here.

• Like 1

Mfusick

Apparently it's already been pushed to the app store and is just awaiting Apple's approval!

See here.

This is good news!