Location of Basic Instructions For Enabling Closed Captioning

ianmud

Environment:

Server: Emby Windows Server 4.0.2
Tuner: HDHomerun Prime (most recent firmware)
Player: Nvidia Shield Android TV (Android TV 8)

I have looked for a set of explicit instructions for activating/controlling/viewing closed captions and have struck out.  I can easily view the CC's using the HDHomerun App on my Nvidia Shield but have never quite figured out how to do it in Emby.  Can someone please point me in the proper direction as I am stuck.

Thanks

Ian

Thanks for the help.  Vis-a-vis timeline, when might we expect it to be available outside of Beta?  I am doing this for my elderly parents and having them deal with the proclivities of a beta app might be a bit much for them.  They are already confused by the simplest of tasks.

I know how testing goes and that what seems just around the corner can actually be months or years away, so just looking for a general sense.

Thanks

Thanks for the help. Vis-a-vis timeline, when might we expect it to be available outside of Beta? I am doing this for my elderly parents and having them deal with the proclivities of a beta app might be a bit much for them. They are already confused by the simplest of tasks.

I know how testing goes and that what seems just around the corner can actually be months or years away, so just looking for a general sense.

Thanks

Beta app is smooth as a baby's butt.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Wow ... Thanks

I elected to participate in the Beta to get the CC feature and nothing could have been easier.  I have been impressed by the 4.0 server and now I'm equally impressed by the Beta version of the player.  Keep up the good work. 

PS I left Plex for Emby because they were not nearly as capable or responsive and I could not have made a better choice.

I

• 2 years later...