Emby server update broke kodi

MeMeMe

I have Emby installed on two pcs and found today that neither were working properly, and it looks like its due the 4.0.0.2 server update that occurred today.

All TV information seems to have wiped, and some movies are showing but not all of them. I've tried a database reset on one of the machines, which made more movies visible but hasnt fixed the TV version.

I see in another thread someone mentioned problems with this update, but no actual information or announcement. What is the issue, and how do we fix it?

messiah1095

Had the same issue after the update. You'll need to install the Emby beta repo in Kodi which then updates your client to the latest beta version. Do another database reset on your clients and it should all start working again.

Edited by messiah1095
  • Like 1

Had the same issue after the update. You'll need to install the Emby beta repo in Kodi which then updates your client to the latest beta version. Do another database reset on your clients and it should all start working again.

I have looked for an emby beta and cant find it. Do you have a link?

Emby beta does not solve remote connetiin troubles..

Inside network it works fine, outside network it's not connecting anymore. :-(

Angelblue05

Emby beta does not solve remote connetiin troubles..

Inside network it works fine, outside network it's not connecting anymore. :-(

If you provide your Kodi log, it would help me help you out with this issue you are having.

The beta repository is here http://kodi.emby.media

Download it, install from zip in Kodi. Then, install from repository > Emby beta add-ons > video add-ons > Emby for Kodi will be there.

Hi, I'm trying to install your beta (angelblue05-3.1.44a) but getting a "Failed to install a dependency" error.

[EDIT: Nevermind, got it going, Kodi has reset database and is now re-syncing ...]

Edited by vurt
  • Like 1

Are you able to connect from the web app remotely?

Yes, and switching all clients on Kodi to 3.1.44a fixed it. Everything seems to work now but the "watched status" from audiobooks. But i'm not shure if it worked before. Some of them are marked as watched, some not. Does Emby set watched status to audio/audiobooks? If not, how does it decide wich titles are marked as watched? I guessed it might be in the nfo file but i didn't find anything there.

• Like 1

Yes, and switching all clients on Kodi to 3.1.44a fixed it. Everything seems to work now but the "watched status" from audiobooks. But i'm not shure if it worked before. Some of them are marked as watched, some not. Does Emby set watched status to audio/audiobooks? If not, how does it decide wich titles are marked as watched? I guessed it might be in the nfo file but i didn't find anything there.

Correcting myself: Watched Status works fine. Just a lag in the library or something. :o)

Thanks for the great work guys!

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Audiobooks are currently broken. Waiting on Luke to decide the best way to add this type of media. I’ll make a post when audiobooks will be correctly supported.

Thank you!

Audiobooks are currently broken. Waiting on Luke to decide the best way to add this type of media. I’ll make a post when audiobooks will be correctly supported.

Thank you!

Found an other bug.. IPTV Simple Client is freezing with Emby for Kodi 3.1.44a, don't know why, but with disabling Kodi i can reproduce it.

CharleyVarrick

The beta repository is here http://kodi.emby.media

Download it, install from zip in Kodi. Then, install from repository > Emby beta add-ons > video add-ons > Emby for Kodi will be there.

HI AngelBlue05,

I'm at the 3rd step (install from repository > Emby beta add-ons > video add-ons),

I have a little box on bottom right thats says "Working" with a spinning circle left of it. Its been like this for over an hour.

Is this normal?

EDIT: After over 4 hrs of "Working" I figured by myself it wasn't normal

I am stuck with Kodi being up to date to jan. 15th. Everything else is not added as the startup scan barely start and I get this error message (see next post).

Edited by jlr19

CharleyVarrick

After updating Emby to 4.02 early this morning, I too noticed it harmed Emby for Kodi.

Everytime I fire up Kodi, seconds after logging in (which I now have to do every time I start Kodi), I get an error prompt that says:

Library sync thread has exited! You should restart Kodi now.

Please report this on the forum

5c4394e2a32e9_Capture.png

Edited by jlr19

Angelblue05

If you are getting this warning, then you are not using the beta version of Emby for Kodi. Can you confirm you are not still on 3.0.34?

arrbee99

Don't know if its the best place to mention it, but...

Haven't actually tried playing anything using Kodi for a while, so don't know how new it is, but on latest Emby server beta 4.1, and Kodi .44 (well, before and after I updated to .44), tried to play a few movies and nothing worked, just a flash of something on the screen or a spinning circle.

Attached logs of post .44 and pre .44 (I assume it was pre .44, it might have already been on .44 and I just updated it to the same version if thats possible)

kodi.log

kodi.old.log

CharleyVarrick

If you are getting this warning, then you are not using the beta version of Emby for Kodi. Can you confirm you are not still on 3.0.34?

I am not on Beta, I was unable to install (see post 16).

Angelblue05

Don't know if its the best place to mention it, but...

Haven't actually tried playing anything using Kodi for a while, so don't know how new it is, but on latest Emby server beta 4.1, and Kodi .44 (well, before and after I updated to .44), tried to play a few movies and nothing worked, just a flash of something on the screen or a spinning circle.

Attached logs of post .44 and pre .44 (I assume it was pre .44, it might have already been on .44 and I just updated it to the same version if thats possible)

Do a repair of your video libraries (movies, tv shows, music videos), it is required with .44 to update the path system to strm links for add-on playback.

Angelblue05

@@jlr19

If you are on server 4.0 you need to use Emby for Kodi beta. Can you retry to install it and provide your Kodi log from that time to see why it's getting stuck?

Thanks.

CharleyVarrick

@@jlr19

If you are on server 4.0 you need to use Emby for Kodi beta. Can you retry to install it and provide your Kodi log from that time to see why it's getting stuck?

Thanks.

I retried and it seemed to have installed after all, just got stuck in verbose.

I saw available update then went thru with db rebuilt or something

Just restarted and saw a prompt in lower right "A patch has been installed"

Looking good, thanks Angel

• Like 1

arrbee99

Do a repair of your video libraries (movies, tv shows, music videos), it is required with .44 to update the path system to strm links for add-on playback.

Thanks. That would be the same as 'Perform Local Database Reset' ?

arrbee99

Thanks. That would be the same as 'Perform Local Database Reset' ?

The Database Reset seems to have worked and stuff seems to fine now. Thanks  :)

• Like 1