Upgraded from 3.5 to 4.0 Mixed Content Library Display Issue

nuke11

Happy2Play

\\NAS\Movies\Disney     --> (this directory or any subdirectory does not show up)

\\NAS\Movies\Disney\1940s

\\NAS\Movies\Disney\1940s\Bambi [1942].avi

\\NAS\Movies\Disney\1970s

\\NAS\Movies\Disney\1970s\Bedknobs and Broomsticks [1971].avi

The folder appears for me.  But with obvious Identification issues.

5c49234d1eb56_lib.jpg

5c4922c1ea791_nested.jpg

5c4922dc126ee_ident.jpg

@@Happy2Play are you able to reproduce this?

Not exactly sure what I am testing here as this topic talks about multiple things.

Home Screen - Latest Mixed Content

From a Series aspect it shows episodes unlike "Latest TV Shows" displays episodes grouped into Series.

Not exactly sure what I am testing here as this topic talks about multiple things.

Home Screen - Latest Mixed Content

From a Series aspect it shows episodes unlike "Latest TV Shows" displays episodes grouped into Series.

So if I read this correctly under 4.x, separate TV episode listings is now the normal for mixed content libraries on the home screen, opposite to how it was done under 3.x which was to show a single TV Show episode bundle in a mixed content library on the home screen? Is this correct?

I can live with this change, but I would just dissolve the mixed content libraries I have and then build TV and Movie only libraries that cover these old mixed libraries instead.

Happy2Play

So if I read this correctly under 4.x, separate TV episode listings is now the normal for mixed content libraries on the home screen, opposite to how it was done under 3.x which was to show a single TV Show episode bundle in a mixed content library on the home screen? Is this correct?

I can live with this change, but I would just dissolve the mixed content libraries I have and then build TV and Movie only libraries that cover these old mixed libraries instead.

@@Luke will have to comment on the Latest Mixed Content views, but I can verify multiple Series episodes were grouped in 3.5 vs now displaying individual episodes in Latest Mixed Content.

russpurg

The Disney folder isn't TV content, they are movies that I have placed into decades folder so that they can be located easier when browsing the library.

Can you tell me how you got the library to show Disney.

In my troubleshooting, I ended up uninstalling Emby and then reinstalling it (which means no library).

I then added the /volume1/TV-Movie-Music/Movies directory (aka. \\NAS\Movies from a Windows standpoint) to the library as Mixed Content and Disney (a subdirectory of Movies) never shows up.

Actually, there are other subdirectories that don't show up either, but I didn't want to saturate the forum with the complete list.

If I have to move this discussion to a different thread, then I can.  But I thought this thread was started to address the Mixed Content type of library not showing some folders after the upgrade on a Synology NAS.

Mixed Content library should not matter whether it is TV or Movie content.

Edited by russpurg

Yes there's a lot going on in this thread. Happy2play has given me one specific example to look at and once I've resolved that lets reevaluate. It may resolve other things that are not showing as well. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

My problem is still occurring under 4.0.2.0 with mixed libraries showing individual episodes for un-watched seasons on the home page instead of being shown as a season set. This worked perfectly under 3.x, so I'm just going to stop the use of mixed content libraries and create separate libraries for anime movies and tv shows.

I'll keep checking every now and then with future updates.

• 2 months later...
nuke11

My problem is still occurring under 4.0.2.0 with mixed libraries showing individual episodes for un-watched seasons on the home page instead of being shown as a season set. This worked perfectly under 3.x, so I'm just going to stop the use of mixed content libraries and create separate libraries for anime movies and tv shows.

I'll keep checking every now and then with future updates.

Updated to 4.1.0.26 and this problem is still occurring. This worked perfected under 3.x but seems to have fallen apart under 4.x for some reason.

I'll test again with the next update in the future.