Upgraded from 3.5 to 4.0 Mixed Content Library Display Issue

nuke11

First time I've had to create an account and report a problem since I've started using Emby.

Running a DS916+ and have had zero issues up to 3.5.2. I have 2 mixed content library's with TV and Movies mixed in (Anime and Documentaries).

On the main Home page, under 3.5 the TV seasons where shown as one season (just like a TV Show only library) when 2 or more episodes where present. Upgraded to 4.0.2 last night and the mixed content library's now show each TV episode individually mixed in with the movies. I have looked around and can't find a setting to correct this.

Is this the new norm or is something not correct with mixed content libraries now?

Thank you.

Edited by nuke11

Seem to Have the Same problem pretty much,

But with investigation its not just a display information,

some media was also deleted from emby.

I would not ming getting the old version .spk so it working correctly in the meantime.

I could not find it on the github.

Hi there, can you show the folder structure of an example series that is doing this? We'll look to get this resolved quickly. thanks !

Hi there, can you show the folder structure of an example series that is doing this? We'll look to get this resolved quickly. thanks !

Really simple folder structure in this case for the library. My documentaries library is the same structure as well.

Media/Anime

(2 Movies in the root of Anime)

Movie1.mkv

Movie2.mkv

Media/Anime/Show1/Season1

Media/Anime/Show1/Season2

Media/Anime/Show2/Season1

Media/Anime/Show3/Season1

Inside each season sub-folder is the season worth of episodes in mkv

I hope this makes sense.

Right but it's the presence of a specific file or folder that is causing this. Can you show a screenshot of the anime folder?

Alternatively you can also install the 4.1 beta server and let me know if this resolves it. You'll need to run a library scan. Thanks !

I would not mind trying the beta, is there instructions for Synology ?

I found my bug more specifically.

Like I have 

CSI

------- CSI Miami

----------------------- Season 1

------------------------------------ Episodes 

------- CSI Manhatan

----------------------- Season 1

------------------------------------ Episodes 

If I put it like so:

CSI Manhatan

----------------- Season 1

---------------------------- Episodes 

Then it works. So its like im missing recurse dept.

Did you remove any to make the scan faster?

Hello

I'll update this thread as soon as it's available.

Best

- James

Sounds good. I'll add a screenshot of the folder structure.

I apologize for the issue. Other users have confirmed the 4.1 beta does resolve this for them. Within the next few days there will also be a 4.0.1 stable update to address this. Thanks guys.

I apologize for the issue. Other users have confirmed the 4.1 beta does resolve this for them. Within the next few days there will also be a 4.0.1 stable update to address this. Thanks guys.

Sounds good. Thank you. Considering this is the only problem I have run into with either version that is a good record.

Updated to latest stable version, problem still occurring.

Mixed Library Content

Inside of the mixed library the movies are shown correctly and each TV Show is gathered correctly into Season sets.

On the main Emby home page, the unwatched TV season is shown as individual episodes.

I have tried scanning the library, removing the library and adding back, restarting the server, nothing is correcting the home page at this point.

Tried removing the watched movies and tv shows and left the unwatched TV show, no change on the home page.

Edited by nuke11

russpurg

I didn't do an upgrade like nuke11 did, but I have the same issue and the upgrade rolled out yesterday did not fix the issue.

I even went as far as uninstalling Emby and then reinstalling it.

The folders that I have that I know aren't showing up are a Disney subdirectory under my Movies, and a "Current TV Shows" subdirectory under my TV.  See the structure below:

\\NAS\Movies\Disney     --> (this directory or any subdirectory does not show up)

\\NAS\Movies\Disney\1940s

\\NAS\Movies\Disney\1940s\Bambi [1942].avi

\\NAS\Movies\Disney\1970s

\\NAS\Movies\Disney\1970s\Bedknobs and Broomsticks [1971].avi

\\NAS\TV\Current TV Shows     --> (this directory or any subdirectory does not show up)

\\NAS\TV\Current TV Shows\02 Arrow

\\NAS\TV\Current TV Shows\02 Arrow\S07E01.mkv

\\NAS\TV\Current TV Shows\Designated Survivor

\\NAS\TV\Current TV Shows\Designated Survivor\S01E01.mp4

You mentioned that the 4.1 fixes the issue.

I wouldn't mind testing the 4.1 beta for you, but how do you get it on a Synology?

I can't seem to find the URL (Package Sources) for the repository that works in Synology's Package Center and turning on the Beta function of the Package Center does not show the Emby Beta.

Edited by russpurg

Hi @@nuke11 can you show an exact folder structure example of this? Thanks !

Really simple formatting of the library folders.

/Anime/TV Show/Season 1

Simple as that. I have moved all of the movies and the watched TV Shows. Re-scanned the library, everything removed was deleted.

When I look in the library the "TV Show" is gathered into a proper season set. I mark the season as unwatched, then go back to the main Emby home page and under the "Latest Ainme" it shows all of the unwatched episodes individually, not as a season set as it did under 3.x. Mark the season as watched and it is removed from "Latest Anime".

russpurg

I'm not sure what you mean by a .ignore file.

I searched the /var/packages/EmbyServer directory and subdirectories and did not find any .ignore or *.ignore files.

There is no such file on the NAS share where the movies/shows are either.

In the program var package directory, it is totally fresh.

Trying to troubleshoot the issue myself, I totally uninstalled Emby (verifed that the program and database was gone using WinSCP).  Then I did a fresh install and created the libraries.

I never told it to ignore any NAS share directories.

If you are referring to any .ignore program files on the NAS, tell me where they should be and I can check to see if they are present.

Edited by russpurg

Does the tv show only have one season with one episode?

I'm assuming this is for me. No 8 episodes under the folder.

Anime/Show1/Season 1/ 8 episodes in separate files

This is all that is left in this library at the moment.

russpurg

When I listed my directory and subdirectories, I trucated it so I didn't fill up the forum.

Actually, the Disney directory has 11 subdirectories with multiple files in each subdirectory.  In total, over 1000 MP4 and AVI files in it.

The "Current TV Shows" directory has 14 subdirectories with multiple files in each subdirectory.  In total, over 100 MP4 and MKV files in it.