EMBY as DLNA server

dannymez

dannymez

I have setup Emby on my TS-451+ NAS

I am running the DLNA on the NAS as well as Emby

Can I only run DLNA through Emby (to a Samsung television) and will that work if I turn off the DLNA on the NAS?

P.S. I want artwork for movies to display on my TV

Hi, yes it will work but currently you will need to shut down other dlna software on the Nas. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks

dannymez

Are there settings that need to be tweaked in order for the television to see the NAS via DLNA with Emby?

Reading other posts there may be a uPNP setting that needs to be toggled as well

I turned of DLNA at the NAS, which I think also turned off media streaming

With Emby I can cast via DLNA from a PC or my phone to the television, which is cool

I was wondering if my TV should be able to see the NAS itself as a DLNA server?

I can send logs or do tests/troubleshooting if needed

Thank you!

dannymez

Here are some additional notes:

Still seeing dlna error with socket already in use

2019-01-16 21:03:54.840 Error Dlna: Error in BeginListeningForBroadcasts
        *** Error Report ***
        Version: 4.0.0.2
        Command line: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata -ffdetect /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/bin/ffprobe -defaultdirectory /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA -updatepackage emby-server-qnap_{version}_x86_64.qpkg
        Operating system: Unix 4.2.8.0
        64-Bit OS: True
        64-Bit Process: True
        User Interactive: True
        Processor count: 4
        Program data path: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata
        Application directory: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/system
        System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (98): Address already in use
           at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.UpdateStatusAfterSocketErrorAndThrowException(SocketError error, String callerName)
           at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
           at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
           at Rssdp.Infrastructure.SsdpCommunicationsServer.CreateUdpMulticastSocket(IPAddress address, Int32 multicastTimeToLive, Int32 localPort)
           at Rssdp.Infrastructure.SsdpCommunicationsServer.ListenForBroadcastsAsync()
           at Rssdp.Infrastructure.SsdpCommunicationsServer.BeginListeningForBroadcasts()
        Source: System.Net.Sockets
        TargetSite: Void UpdateStatusAfterSocketErrorAndThrowException(System.Net.Sockets.SocketError, System.String)
           at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.UpdateStatusAfterSocketErrorAndThrowException(SocketError error, String callerName)
           at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
           at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
           at Rssdp.Infrastructure.SsdpCommunicationsServer.CreateUdpMulticastSocket(IPAddress address, Int32 multicastTimeToLive, Int32 localPort)
           at Rssdp.Infrastructure.SsdpCommunicationsServer.ListenForBroadcastsAsync()
           at Rssdp.Infrastructure.SsdpCommunicationsServer.BeginListeningForBroadcasts()

[/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata/logs] # netstat -nap | grep :1900
udp        0      0 169.254.100.100:1900    0.0.0.0:*                           19727/dsd
udp        0      0 10.0.3.1:1900           0.0.0.0:*                           19727/dsd
udp        0      0 10.0.5.1:1900           0.0.0.0:*                           19727/dsd
udp        0      0 192.168.1.123:1900      0.0.0.0:*                           19727/dsd
udp        0      0 127.0.0.1:1900          0.0.0.0:*                           19727/dsd
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:1900            0.0.0.0:*                           19727/dsd
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:1900            0.0.0.0:*                           14232/upnpd
[/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata/logs] # ps -aef | grep 19727
 8043 admin       976 S   grep 19727
19727 admin     15760 S   /usr/sbin/dsd -level error -log /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/DSv3/log/dsd.log
[/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata/logs] # ps -aef | grep 14232
10313 admin       972 R   grep 14232
14232 admin      2856 S   /sbin/upnpd eth0 eth0
[/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata/logs] #

dannymez

I believe I fixed it

you have to turn off upnp discovery and also uninstall Download Station

[/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata/logs] # netstat -nap | grep :1900
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:1900            0.0.0.0:*                           19098/EmbyServer
[/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata/logs] #

Thanks for the feedback.

@@softworkz, sorry, one more time can you link me to the explanation of the socket method in .net core. This time I will bookmark it :) Thanks.

@@dannymez, the reason you have to go through all of this trouble disabling other dlna software is due to a defect in the .NET Core runtime. See here for an explanation if you're interested:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/61265-error-dlna-error-in-beginlisteningforbroadcasts/?p=670391

It will be resolved in March with .NET Core 3.0. Thanks !