Emby Guide Data - missing information

IkeTaylor11

CBers

That's all channel management stuff - not guide data. I understand this particular issue may be related to guide data but most of the other channel management stuff is not.

Without being able to correctly identify the channel, you won't get the correct guide data.

Without being able to correctly identify the channel, you won't get the correct guide data.

Okay, and that is the issue here but what does that have to do with "all other Live TV enhancements"?

CBers

Okay, and that is the issue here but what does that have to do with "all other Live TV enhancements"?

Whatever it is you and Luke have planned.

As there is no Emby Roadmap, we have to wait for an announcement.

If there was a "This is what we're planning" post, then we could all have input.

It is all in our best interests for you to deliver what your users want, rather than what you think they want.

IkeTaylor11

With SD and with any other XmlTv source I can access a file that shows all the EPG data. By you converting to GN and not allowing us to download a file with the full EPG data we can't set our channel lineups which in turn makes the Emby Guide Data useless. To me this is a guide issue as that is the source I am trying to use. 

• Like 1

Spaceboy

oh hello. people finally cottoning on to that which i admittedly over-moaned about a month ago. the only solution at present is xteve. this is not just about channel management but epg matching which has been non-existant since day 1. theres a reason why we've been using @@maegibbons access database to fill these gaps for the last couple of years but the move to GN destroyed that too

• Like 1

IkeTaylor11

Yes channel logos from the guide data are supported.

Seems the program images you are getting from gracenote are generic, not specific to the episode. Is this the only thing Gracenote offers? My zap2it guide does the actual episode image in the guide. Since zap2it gets their guide data from Gracenote it seems plausible that Emby Guide Data should be able to get specific episode images from Gracenote as well. Can you look into this? 

Hi.  This is by design.  Except when showing episodes in context (e.g. inside a season folder) we choose to display the Series thumb or poster for it so that you can easily identify what series it is.

IkeTaylor11

Hi.  This is by design.  Except when showing episodes in context (e.g. inside a season folder) we choose to display the Series thumb or poster for it so that you can easily identify what series it

Doesn't this pose a problem when doing series recordings from Live TV? All of my recordings will have the same thumb which makes it harder to identify each episode. For Live TV you should be using the episode thumb, not the series thumb. 

Doesn't this pose a problem when doing series recordings from Live TV? All of my recordings will have the same thumb which makes it harder to identify each episode. For Live TV you should be using the episode thumb, not the series thumb. 

Where, exactly, are you talking about?

We try to use Series identifying art when it is likely that multiple series will be shown on the same screen.  It can be quite difficult to identify a series from an episode thumb.

IkeTaylor11

Where, exactly, are you talking about?

We try to use Series identifying art when it is likely that multiple series will be shown on the same screen.  It can be quite difficult to identify a series from an episode thumb.

I'm referring to the program thumb used in the guide and also the poster that gets used to display the recording inside the season. With Emby Guide data you are displaying the series thumb for every episode of a program in the guide. When i use zap2it i see the actual episode thumb in the guide, not the series thumb. This then gets transferred to the poster after the recording finishes so each recording shows up in the season folder of the library with a different thumb for each episode. If you are doing the series thumb to identify the program in the guide then every recording has the same poster inside the series in the library. 

IkeTaylor11

Where, exactly, are you seeing thumbs in the guide?  What app?

Clicking any program in the guide brings up the show synopsis with a thumb and all the other info about the show. I have included an example. This is on every Emby client you guys have. The issue is your not using the episode thumb for that particular program, you are using the series thumb. Which makes every episode recording have the same poster in recordings. The example I have provided shows the actual episode thumb I get from zap2it. Your emby guide data shows the series thumb instead. 

post-386849-0-79778600-1548951188_thumb.png

• 4 weeks later...
IkeTaylor11

That will be improved with the next release. Thanks.

is this still in the works? Haven't seen any improvement in the newest betas. Also, when will we get the ability to see the channel names from GN so we can set our m3u files correctly to map EPG? This was also brought up in this thread and never flushed out on when it will be happening. Its necessary before SD compatibility is removed. 

IkeTaylor11

Yes the adjustments have been made for the repeat indicators.

I was actually referring to the later part of the thread about Emby using the generic series photo vs the actual episode photo for guide and recording purposes. I thought that’s what you were referring to with your post about improvements. See post #37.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Currently we need the series image for other views, but yes i can see how in certain situations the episode image might make sense. It's possible for the future. thanks.

IkeTaylor11

Currently we need the series image for other views, but yes i can see how in certain situations the episode image might make sense. It's possible for the future. thanks.

Why do you say you need the series image? None of my current xmltv files use the series image, its all episode images. I have no issues with any functionality because of this. The episode image should be coming from GN instead of the series image when an epg update is done. The only images I am referring to are the posters that show up when you view a show in the guide. Are those images used somewhere else that I am not aware of? 

Ok if you're using xmltv then it should be showing whatever image is in your xmltv data. Does your data only have one image per show, or multiple images?

IkeTaylor11

Ok if you're using xmltv then it should be showing whatever image is in your xmltv data. Does your data only have one image per show, or multiple images?

I have image sources in my xmltv files. I dug a little deaper on this as well. It seems that zap2it is only able to provide an episode image for repeat programing. All the "New" programming has the show image just like what gets pulled from Emby Guide Data. I am pretty sure that zap2it get their guide data from GN as well so I guess this might not be an issue. The only way to really change it is to have GN supply episode images when we pull guide data from them. 

As far as the image count, I just have 1 image per program in my xmltv files.