Emby 4.x

Archigos

Archigos

I'm just curious if this was an oversight. With Emby 4.x being announced on the 14th and stating it would roll out over 24 hours I (like many others) waited for the update. However, while viewing the Releases (https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases) on Github, I noticed them slowly fill in with everything except a macOS version. At the time of writing this post, it appears that every version (except Mac) has been available for around 16+ hours...

First, I'm not trying to be impatient...

Reading the changes to the way 'multi-root' (merged) libraries work I told my users that the media would be offline for the day while I wait for the upgrade and rescan multiple roots into single libraries. Thankfully, the merge seemed to go well, but now I have libraries that I can't share to the users since I can't restrict certain roots.

If the missing macOS version wasn't an oversight and needs more work or whatever that's fine, but I'm wary of splitting my libraries back into the way I had them... it's not a problem to do, but for some reason when merging them it totally screwed up the sync with Trakt.tv by changing watched status in unobvious ways... some shows that I had watched 100% now show 0% while other completed shows have random episodes watched while most became unwatched. I've even had a few series that I've never watched before having random episodes marked watched with at least one of them being now marked 100%. It took me probably an hour of farting around on Trakt's site to fix all the watched/collected status for everything.

• Like 1

mistercoffee

I'm just curious if this was an oversight. With Emby 4.x being announced on the 14th and stating it would roll out over 24 hours I (like many others) waited for the update. However, while viewing the Releases (https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases) on Github, I noticed them slowly fill in with everything except a macOS version. At the time of writing this post, it appears that every version (except Mac) has been available for around 16+ hours...

+1 for some info on the MacOS release just to set expectations :)

Archigos

In the meantime, I shut down 3.5.3 and overwrote it with the beta of 4.0.0.1 and all seems good so far... (my profile icon in the Web app looks funny, but oh well)