QNAP TS-853A - Update to 4.0.0.2 Failed

WiteWulf

WiteWulf

I've been successfully running the previous version on this hardware for a few weeks with no issues.

This morning I downloaded the X64 package (emby-server-qnap_4.0.0.2_x86_64.qpkg) and installed it through the App Center interface on the QNAP. There were no problems flagged during the install, but browsing to the Server Dashboard indicates:

Version 3.5.3.0

A new version of Emby Server is available!

Version 4.0.0.2 is now available for download.

I've since stopped the service again, reinstalled from the qpkg file, and still see the same result.

*edit*

I also can't get the Server Dashboard to load when connecting using https. This may be a symptom of the wonky upgrade, though, so I'll wait on getting the upgrade fixed before pursuing this. Server Dashboard loads fine over http on port 8096 but the page is all messed up with elements scattered around over the Library page when you click in the cog/gear button to load it. SSL cert is a letsencrypt one issued for the server loaded as a .pfx file. Secure connections to the library screen work fine, as does media playback in Chrome.

Edited by WiteWulf

WiteWulf

Well, it took three attempts at stopping the service and installing the upgrade for it to finally work, but it looks like it's on 4.0.0.2 now

Same with me on a TS-453A running QTS 4.3.6.0805: it needed exactly three tries before it worked. The symptoms were the same WhiteWulf discribed (Version 4.0.0.2 shown in the AppCenter but still stating to be the old version on the emby server dashboard). However, for the third try I did a regular shutdown of the emby server before stopping the service in the app center. I don't know if that made the difference.

That's odd that it's exactly three attempts. Now that 4.0 is out we will be submitting this to the QNAP app store, perhaps installation through that will be smoother.