Music Videos View: New Features & Improvements

Aussiedroid

Aussiedroid

Hi Emby Team,

I'm really hoping there could be some improvements made to the views, handling & features of the Music Videos view. It's one of my most used features in Emby Theater but feel its lacking a little in some areas, primarily around seamless playback and quick navigation as listed below.

My Feature Requests:

1) Latest Music Videos added at home screen would allow to play next video (by date added) automatically, with similar feature popup while playing with episodes with the 30 second timer countdown. (Technically this can be done via the Music Video view, Sorting by date, Sorting by descending, exiting out of view, then Play All, but its a bit more convoluted than just picking a video from the Home Screen)

2) Ability to set a different default view when opening Music Videos as seen with other categories (option not available in Home Screen configuration unfortunately). I would like to set my default as Folder instead of Music Videos for example.

3) For Shuffle to be added on all views again. This was there several releases back but seemed to have been deleted. Only Play All is showing now in Music Video view and in Folder view, and Shuffle is only showing in sub-views/sub-folders under Folder view not the root folder. If I could wish for one feature it would be this one! :)

PS - The Play All button under Folder view is missing a space too -> 'PlayAll'

4) For the A-Z shortcut side bar to be added to the Folder view (and all sub-views). Some of my folders contain large numbers of videos that makes it hard to navigate.

5) For Music Videos flagged as Favourites to be shown from the Favourites view from Home Screen (seems to be the only one missing).

6) New Top Menu items for Artist, Playlist, Favourites, Genres & Suggestions to be added as seen in the audio Music view.

7) Music Videos identified for an artist to also appear in a section under the Audio Music Artist section. (eg. If I go to Ice Cube in my Music section, that there is a new video list before the 'More Like This' that lists all the Music Videos for Ice Cube (or featuring the artist as identified by the filename). In this case as well (although might not be common) it would be good to see their movies or documentaries for quick cross-navigation.

8) An ability to extract a new thumbnail from the Emby interface from a different time/frame and potentially perform some basic cropping (to standardise 4:3 & 16:9 differences in video formats/thumb views) as required.  ** This is something I would love for movie chapters images & TV episodes too. Provide a way for failed extraction to be repaired, upgrade low quality images, and where black screens are grabbed to find a better image. Can do this externally off course (for most things except chapters) but would be super as a built in feature.

9) New Filter by Bitrate of video or audio streams. It would be great to be able to filter out low quality video or audio tracks when wanting to play a random list of videos to help minimise volume mismatches etc when listening at high volumes in social situations.

10) For the Search to also include Music Videos. Currently no results seem to be found, (not sure if this is due to lack of nfo files?). Would be possible to include searches based off the file names (my music videos are named like 'ICE CUBE - Today Was A Good Day (1995).mkv')

11) Random Music Videos as Emby video backdrop during navigation anywhere in interface (with or without audio option depending on user preference).

Thank you for reading.

Kind Regards, AD

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Hi Luke,

5 month ago you told that these features are planned for the future. Where are this features?

Bringing them in line with other video features. For instance, #3 and #4 should be done by now.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I'm really hopeful for the 5th one! I would be very happy to see my favorite music videos on my favorites view. Thank you Emby team for all your hard work!