After new update

RLG59RD
Go to solution Solved by notla49285,

Happy2Play

This is normal as certain content types have to be reindexed do changes in the database.  Everything should return to normal when the first library scan is completed.

Edited by Happy2Play

Have done three scans now and been left with loads of files, with small pictures, not dvd covers or official artwork. It will take days to sort this out!

Rob

post-267405-0-92697500-1547680888_thumb.jpg

Yes, deleted off the old and used a back up without the server configuration and as a result, all my user information, folder structure etc reinstalled. All the artwork and metadata will not sync and all artwork that has done, is all small and will only save as backdrops?

Rob

Happy2Play

Please post a server log.  But from the logs in the other topics there appears to be a permissions issue.

Happy2Play

Yes, deleted off the old and used a back up without the server configuration and as a result, all my user information, folder structure etc reinstalled. All the artwork and metadata will not sync and all artwork that has done, is all small and will only save as backdrops?

Rob

I don't quite follow what you did here.  If your pervious configs are not there then I would expect previous library configs are not set properly.

Did you have metadata and images set to be saved with media?

Happy2Play

It would appear everything is failing on that Windows user account.  Since all plugins are failing to load this is causing everything to fail.

2019-01-16 23:00:38.486 Error App: Error in CopyPreInstalledPlugins

Have you restarted the machine?

Edited by Happy2Play

Yes Bud, 

However, not all images have re-configured, i have a movies collections folder and all the artwork is missing or incorrect there - that's to be expected , as they were my own images. However, my main movies folder, links direct to IMDB etc and this just will not configure correctly? The top row on the image, is where i have started to upload new images, despite having the IMDB link saved?

post-267405-0-19790200-1547682471_thumb.jpg

Happy2Play

Sorry we need to just post in one topic or the other.  The issue is plugins are not loading and all metadata providers are plugins now.

Uninstalled all plugins and reinstalled, still no different - will be off line now until tomorrow, thanks for all help, if we can continue tomorrow, would appreciate

Rob

Happy2Play

From your logs something is just not right with the installation as permissions appear to be blocking almost everything.

Can you please shutdown emby server, and then delete this folder?

C:\Users\rjspr\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins

Then once that is done, then start the server back up. Thanks.

Hi Luke, 

Update- have uninstalled all plugins relating to metadata and reinstalled, some of my files are now being recognised and the artwork is being downloaded. However the majority is not. I have had to replace ALL in my main movies folder, manually inputting IMDB references - it took ages and the prospect of doing this to my remaining 2.5TB storage is frightening! Have attached a jpg with after manual IMDB ref put in, plus a log file after the changes to my metadata plugins. Any help would be gratefully received.

Regards

Rob

embyserver.txt

post-267405-0-81464600-1547708383_thumb.jpg

Happy2Play

Do all your movies have xml metadata?  If so you need to add the xml metadata plugin for them to be read.

example from log.

Error parsing K:\Emby Cloud\TV and Film\FILM\New\The Old Man and the Gun 2018.xml

Yes this structure is supported but having movies in there own folders are identified by Emby much easier.

Happy2Play

I have the Emby.xml plugin installed?

Rob

Not according to your log, but you have media with xml metadata that is not being read.  Do you know how much of your media has xml metadata?