No tv episodes shown in Media Center

DainHarper

DainHarper

After the update to 4.0.2 (and a few restarts to update and load plugins) the old-school MCE interface shows no episodes for most TV shows.

It knows the series exists, and occasionally shows strings like "0 episodes (12 new)".

The episodes are visible in the web view, and in Theater (which I don't use as I need something that runs via Xbox360 extenders, and because I still use WMC for TV recording).

Is this expected behaviour in 4.0.2, or has something gone wrong.  How do I revert to previous configuration?  Family not happy, but they hit the 'upgrade' button, not me, so...

Uploading hopefully relevant logs.

Thanks,

Jim

embyserver.txt

MBClassic-161201944cb648172df43189d3c768db3ac7608.log

How are your libraries setup on the server and what is the exact file structure of the TV content?

• Like 1

jackthejerk

I second this issue. I find about 70% of my tv shows show titles and seasons but no episodes. like literally I watched them yesterday, but now they are gone.. the files are there on the server. I can access them like normal on the web portal, and the android app but MCE app is a no go. 

DainHarper

How are your libraries setup on the server and what is the exact file structure of the TV content?

You've got on something for sure.

There are distinct libraries on the Synology NAS, one for DVDs, one for Movies, the interesting one is for TV.

Within the TV share, each show has a folder. Now, some shows have subfolders for each season. These work. Others have all files in the root, and named Show-SxxExx-Episode. These don't.

jackthejerk

both, some are foldered per season and some one folder and files named S01E01 and so on. again it works fine through all other apps but ever since the update it shows the show and seasons but says 0 episode (12 new) but I just did some digging and found that I have the tourch wood series in a mixed batch season one and two are in \\SERVER\Videos\tv shows\torchwood\S01\Torchwood S01E05.avi and show up fine but season 3 is \\SERVER\Videos\tv shows\torchwood\Torchwood S03E05 Children of Earth Day Five.avi without folders defining a season and shows 0 episodes (5 new)

raymondjpg

@@jackthejerk, do your tv series use season folders? Or do you have the episodes directly in the series folder?

FWIW I do not use "season folders" and prior to the Emby Server update all episodes would list without them in Emby for WMC. Now they do not.

Also, FWIW, I have just taken out a subscription to Emby Premiere, and Emby Theater does list all episodes.

However, the server metadata manager does NOT list all episodes. I don't recall if the previous versions of server did, but now under a show in the metadata manager there appears a subtitle Season 1 or Season 2 (etc depending on which season the files belong to in the folder) but no list of episodes when you click the Season 1 (etc) folder, which of course does not exist on the server PC.

I apologize for this issue. It's actually the app that needs to be updated, but in order to get you squared away as quickly as possible, I'm going see if I can work around it in the server. I'm going to look at this tonight and then I'll have a change up on the beta server channel tomorrow. Thanks.

annisman

I also had this problem, I found that adding a 'Season1' and placing all my .mkvs and metadata into it fixed my issue. (This was for Planet Earth 2 which doesn't have seasons)

Thanks for the feedback. I added a workaround for this into the beta server, version 4.1+. Once we get a little more feedback from users we'll post the fix to the stable channel .Thanks !

@@Teddy

DainHarper

Well, I can confirm that the episodes have reappeared, thank you very much for the prompt fix.

TBH, I dont want to be on a beta for too long, as this is the primary entertainment platform for the house.

Do I need to reinstall to move to the next stable?

Well, I can confirm that the episodes have reappeared, thank you very much for the prompt fix.

TBH, I dont want to be on a beta for too long, as this is the primary entertainment platform for the house.

Do I need to reinstall to move to the next stable?

Thanks for confirming. We will have a new stable release out fairly soon.  At that time, you can just install the stable over top of your current version and be back on stable.

raymondjpg

Thanks for confirming. We will have a new stable release out fairly soon.  At that time, you can just install the stable over top of your current version and be back on stable.

In my case episodes will appear now if they are in a subdirectory of the show, not if they are in the show's root directory. That subdirectory does not have to be a season subdirectory, it can have any name.

Before the update episodes would appear if they were in the show's root directory. That would be preferable from my point of view, but I guess we still need to see input on this from other users.

Regards

In my case episodes will appear now if they are in a subdirectory of the show, not if they are in the show's root directory. That subdirectory does not have to be a season subdirectory, it can have any name.

Before the update episodes would appear if they were in the show's root directory. That would be preferable from my point of view, but I guess we still need to see input on this from other users.

Regards

I added a workaround for this into the beta server, version 4.1+. Once we get a little more feedback from users we'll post the fix to the stable channel .Thanks !