no guide data

chuga
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Hi,

I am running emby server via docker(unraid).  I just updated to server version 4.

I have 2 HDHomeruns which show up under live TV devices, I added embytv Guide data and selected "local over the air" as the guide as I use antennas.

however the guide data is blank - when I check "map channels" or just go into Emby and try to watch TV there is nothing.

Any ideas on how to get guide data populated?

thanks

Ok, before we get to guide data we need to first make sure Emby is getting channels from your HDHR.

In the live tv section under channels, are any channels listed?

• Solution

Do the channels show up in the HDHR app?

Did you perhaps turn on the option in Emby to only show channels marked as "Favorites" but have none marked that way in the HDHR setup?

• Like 1

Yea that's the first thing you need to do is make sure the HDHR shows your channels. You may need to update your HDHR firmware and then run a channel scan with your HDHR.

**edit

oops - I just checked to confirm my favorites and they were not ticked.  I had disabled channels for each HDHR that I did not want but left the ones I want alone without marking as a favorite.  I did that now and it looks like Emby is detecting the channels so I will work on the channel map, etc now.

thanks for the support.

Hi - yes I have channels in HDHR app.

I can watch them from this PC using windows 10 HDHR app.  I can also watch from the HTPC (windows 7) using WMC it it works well

I do have favorites as I have two antennas (different directions) and two HDHRs so for each HDHR I ticked 'favorite' by the channels I needed for that antenna.

HDHRs are both on current firmware.

thanks

Andrew

Edited by chuga

Yes I have it working now. Thanks for the help

I put in a new hdhomerun a few weeks ago and when I set it up I did not Reselect

favorites so that was the issue

Thanks!