No connection between TV and Emby

TombRaiderFanatic

TombRaiderFanatic

I have a TerraMaster F4-220 and I recently upgraded the TOS - this caused the installation of the TerraMaster media server to be removed.

So I tried installing a different looking Media Server by TerraMaster - but it is rubbish.

I found Emby on the apps list, so I uninstalled the TerraMaster media server and installed Emby.

Went through the setup ok.

However Emby does not find any other devices than Chrome (my default browser) and the TV does not find Emby on the Sources like it used to.

Does anyone know how to help me please?

I can provide any logs or setup information you ask for.

I have noticed the following error again and again in the logs, but I don't know if it is relevant.

2019-01-15 22:02:42.191 Error Dlna: Error in BeginListeningForBroadcasts
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 3.5.3.0
    Command line: /mnt/md0/application/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /home/emby -ffmpeg /usr/local/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/local/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -defaultdirectory /mnt -updatepackage emby-server-terramaster_{version}_x86_64.tar.xz -noautorunwebapp
    Operating system: Unix 4.13.16.0
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    User Interactive: True
    Processor count: 2
    Program data path: /home/emby
    Application directory: /mnt/md0/application/emby-server/system
    System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (98): Address already in use
     at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.UpdateStatusAfterSocketErrorAndThrowException(SocketError error, String callerName)
     at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
     at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.Net.UdpSocket..ctor(Socket socket, Int32 localPort, IPAddress ip)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.Net.SocketFactory.CreateUdpMulticastSocket(String ipAddress, Int32 multicastTimeToLive, Int32 localPort)
     at Rssdp.Infrastructure.SsdpCommunicationsServer.ListenForBroadcastsAsync()
     at Rssdp.Infrastructure.SsdpCommunicationsServer.BeginListeningForBroadcasts()
    System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
     at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.UpdateStatusAfterSocketErrorAndThrowException(SocketError error, String callerName)
     at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
     at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.Net.UdpSocket..ctor(Socket socket, Int32 localPort, IPAddress ip)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.Net.SocketFactory.CreateUdpMulticastSocket(String ipAddress, Int32 multicastTimeToLive, Int32 localPort)
     at Rssdp.Infrastructure.SsdpCommunicationsServer.ListenForBroadcastsAsync()
     at Rssdp.Infrastructure.SsdpCommunicationsServer.BeginListeningForBroadcasts()

Hi there, do you have other DLNA software installed on the NAS? If so, can you try shutting it down, and then restart Emby Server? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
TombRaiderFanatic

Sorry for the delay in replying, not enough hours in the day!

Before installing Emby, I uninstalled the other DLNA app.

My TV is a Samung Smart TV.

I know it is suitable because it works fine with the TerraMaster DLNA app, however this has other issues, so I wanted to try Emby to see if it was any better.

I understand but there's nothing we can do about it right now due to a defect in the .NET core runtime. It will be resolved with .NET Core 3.0 in March. If you want to read the technical details, you can find them here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/61265-error-dlna-error-in-beginlisteningforbroadcasts/?p=670391

For now, it will work, but you need to shutdown all other dlna software on the machine. Thanks.