Next PVR is not refreshing the guide (0%)

Dan68

Emby user for years, New to Emby Live TV.

Installed Homerun Prime, after installing and pairing M Card, ran scan in settings and came up with 279 channels, all work good. Great. Next created lineup in Schedules Direct, ensuring to select NextPVR as the software for my lineup.  Great.  Installed NextPVR as plugin to my Emby Server, restarted server.  Great.  Began initial refresh of Live TV guide, stuck on 0%.  Not Great.  It sets there and never leaves it.  

Any ideas what the problem might be? 

Yes, it will probably be some dumb mistake I overlooked, LOL.  

Thanks Guys.

post-4514-0-92753700-1547585600_thumb.png

arrbee99

Have you checked NPVR actually plays stuff in its own app ? You need to install NPVRs app as well as the plugin.

Thanks for the quick response.

You hit it on the head.  I just installed the plugin and not the program.  I installed the program.  Went into settings and set all 3 of the tuners on homerun to recieve all 268 channels.  Looked at decoders and set what i thought to be the right ones. In the npvr program nothing shows up in the guide, but the channels do.  If i select watch on any of them they show a black screen with channel on bottom, and the program locks up. I have to restart it.

arrbee99

NPVR has a Update EPG button, under Settings > Channels. That might help, unless you've done it already of course. Also I have no idea where this M Card thing comes into it (not my country I guess). 

Also, Hoemeruns are Embys 'native' tuner, so you might not need NextPVR at all. Again, no idea if that m card thing wound affect anything with that.

OTOH NextPVR might be good if your not in a country covered by Embys new Gracenote guide feature, possibly.

(Am assuming that bit about setting all 3 tuners to receive 268 channels and setting the correct decoders is correct).

Right if you have HD Homerun then I would just use Emby's native live tv features instead of going through the plugin.

Kind of mucking my way around it.  Decodes pointed mpeg1 and mpeg2, set correctly now have live tv in npvr program.  in the npvr guide all channels are showing up and working, however the guide is not.  I suppose that is because there is no import from my schedules direct to npvr.  Does the guide in Npvr need to be operational to export into Emby?  Wouldnt think so, but what do I know, LOL.  Anyway, still restarted Emby after correcting initial issues in npvr, still 0% on guide refresh in emby.

Thanks for the catch on the program.

Anywhere else i might have overlooked or failed to do?

If I use HD Homerun Prime and Emby native software.  I would still have to use either XML or schedules direct to download the guide.  In schedules direct it requires I select some type of software to direct what to download.  Which should I select or am i overlooking something.  Before I tried to select a lineup without selecting a program to use and it refused, (which is understandable).  If I use Emby native, which to use, or am I making this more difficult than it is?

BTW thanks for the help on this.

When you setup your schedules direct account you can pick any other software value in the dropdown. But if you are in the US, UK or Canada then I would just use the new Emby guide provider instead.

Arrbee99 M Card is like the old PCMCIA cards we used to use in laptops, rent one for a couple of bucks to pair with your cable company and it unencrypts all channels to run through homerun prime.

Anyway, looks like I was wrong (as usual) guide needs to be operational in npvr for it to work in emby.  Still haven't figured out how to run Emby Native.  So two options.  

1. emby native.

2. get npvr guide operational

Going to work on it a few, wish me luck, and thanks again

• Like 1

arrbee99

Interesting gizmo. What will they think of next...

The native emby way should be a doddle. I guess it would help to uninstall (or de-activate) the NextPVR plugin (and restart the server).

As I imagine you've noticed, you need to start here...

5c3e624700d1b_EmbyHomerundropdown.jpg

and click on the Homerun thing. After that I guess you do what it says (I haven't got one so don't know whats next). there's also this  https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/HDHomerun if it helps. That mentions DRM, but maybe that doesn't matter with your m card. As Luke said, if you're in one of those three countries, pick the Gracenote option, otherwise use SD, which I presume is also an option.

What I thought was going to be a couple of steps, was a little more involved.  I appreciate your patience on this.  Yes, I did get NPVR fully operational to include the guide by bulk mapping channels and associating with schedules direct.  Had to to look at a couple of videos (as none specifically pointed to what i was trying to get done).  Its all working except what i started with and that is getting the guide to scan in emby (or is it not supposed to work and the guide from npvr supposed to show up in emby)  Do i have to change the emby native to npvr guide within emby?

arrbee99

If your lucky after you got it working in NPVR you'll just need to go to Dashboard > Scheduled Tasks and refresh the guide.

Also, you don't need to provide a guide in Emby if you've already got one from NPVR.

This is what I see when I select live tv.  It already sees my devices on my LAN and as you can schedules direct is on there.  I have already uninstalled NPVR and restarted.

arrbee99

Sounds good. Wish I could get a Homerun, but we're on satellite, and it still works so we'll survive...

Emby user for years, New to Emby Live TV.

Installed Homerun Prime, after installing and pairing M Card, ran scan in settings and came up with 279 channels, all work good. Great. Next created lineup in Schedules Direct, ensuring to select NextPVR as the software for my lineup.  Great.  Installed NextPVR as plugin to my Emby Server, restarted server.  Great.  Began initial refresh of Live TV guide, stuck on 0%.  Not Great.  It sets there and never leaves it.  

Curious, what country are you in?