4.0.0.2 - Now Available for All Supported Synology / XPEnology Systems

solabc16
Go to solution Solved by solabc16,

solabc16

Hello @@GiGo

Thanks for the update, appreciated - you shouldn't have to do this of course.

Are you behind a VPN or any form of proxy?

Best

- James

* Anyone else reading this make sure you explore all other options first and understand the risks.

solabc16

Hello @@wanderjarra

If you haven't already spotted it, you should find the Emby Server 4.0 is now available in Package Center for your platform.

Let me know how you get on.

Best

- James

Hello @@GiGo

Thanks for the update, appreciated - you shouldn't have to do this of course.

Are you behind a VPN or any form of proxy?

Best

- James

* Anyone else reading this make sure you explore all other options first and understand the risks.

Hi James, not behind a proxy or vpn.

I have now changed the settings back ;)

Dodgy Bob

Hello @@GiGo

The package we make available for Synology is signed, however we have had the occasional user report this - however, it is very rare.

A couple of things to check first...

1) Package Center -> Settings -> Trust Level -> Synology Inc. and Trusted Publishers

2) Package Center -> Settings -> Certificate -> Make sure the Emby LLC certificate is listed.

Are you upgrading from a previous installation of Emby Server? Are you behind any kind of VPN or proxy?

Best

- James

Folks,

Just to add my 2cents to this as well, not sure if it means anything or not, but for the longest time, ever since 3.5.2.0 - because that's when I started having this same issue - I've been stuck inside of 'Package Center', telling me I have updates, but none showing and this, only with regards to Emby, because all other updates would show and would install.

I never bothered investigating further as everything has been working fine, so yeah, didn't worry about it!

However, I thought it might be nice to get on the 4.0 bandwagon, so I started to look into things. Thing is, the only thing I did was open up settings within 'Package Center', check they were right and hit OK and then all of a sudden, the 4.0.1.0 update was showing to me!

Does hitting the OK button on the 'Package Center' Settings window somehow refresh the settings or the certificates or some such? Because honestly, that's all I did; everything was already set, so there were no changes to make!

Anyhow, just wanted to let you folks know that and that 4.0.1.0 is now installed for me.

Catch ya's,

Dodgy Bob

PS - Oh yeah, this is in a DS1815+ running latest version of DSM  :)

Since I upgraded, I can't seem to find the Folder play for movies en music?

I did use that option pretty much, because I have also my own ordening of music en movies which helps me to find certain items better.

Since I upgraded, I can't seem to find the Folder play for movies en music?

I did use that option pretty much, because I have also my own ordening of music en movies which helps me to find certain items better.

Hi there, where exactly are you looking?

solabc16

Thanks for the information @Dodgy Bob, it should 'just work' - but there have been a few sporadic issues reported with Package Center in the latest DSM releases.

Hopefully this may help other users if they run into similar problems.

Best

- James

• 2 weeks later...
hifiaudio2

Will be getting a DS1819+ soon and migrating everything over to it from my Win10 machine.. cant wait.   You guys keep adding feature after feature for so many platforms!  Just became a lifetimer!  :)