4.0.0.2 - Now Available for All Supported Synology / XPEnology Systems

solabc16
Go to solution Solved by solabc16,

solabc16

Hello All

The latest release of Emby Server (4.0) is now available, thanks to the collective efforts of many people.

Another significant step forward and setting the foundations for even more to come.

If you want to know a little more about the 4.0 release, take a look at Luke's post here : https://emby.media/community/index.php?/blog/1/entry-447-announcing-emby-server-40/

For those of you on the beta channel. a big thank you from me and everybody else. If you now want to jump off and switch back to the stable channel, this is the time to do it.

Please feel free to leave any brief comments and feedback here. If you have a specific issue, have a look in the forum and if you can't find what you're looking for, open a new topic.

Best

- James

Edited by solabc16
  • Like 2

Burrito78

Thanks for releasing it so quickly for us Synology users! Awesome work all around!

Update was quick and easy, no problems.

After the first start, all Plugins got updated and a server restart was required. I did a Library scan after that and that took a few minutes. No issues so far at all!

Thanks for the quick release! I'll postpone installing to the weekend so I can take some time to test everything.
Gotta be sure everything works when I'm not at home :)

sylvio2000

I am not sure if I just want to upgrade. What do I have to do if I want to start from scratch with Emby? Do I just have to uninstall Emby server and install it again?

solabc16

Hello @@sylvio2000

Do you have a particular concern over upgrading? If you'd like to install from scratch, then yes - just uninstall the current package and install again.

Best

- James

sylvio2000

There is nothing in particular. But I just feel a bit more safe to start from scratch when a new major version arrives ;)

JotNarayan
Good afternoon, congratulations on the new version 4.x. I see that there are many things fixed and many new changes. I'll install it over the weekend, I'll have more time to review everything.

A question...

At the time I told you that I had problems basically from my LG TV, since everything was very slow and when I went through the menus it ended up hanging and restarting the application. Has this issue been resolved in this version? I think that you told me that you were going to solve it by creating the displacement of the menus in a virtual way or something similar. Have you found the solution?

The server release will help the LG app a little in that regard but there is still work to do within the app itself. Thanks.

It has failed to update on my 1815+ tell me "Failed to update "Emby Server". This package is published by an unknown publisher."

Anything I'm doing wrong, I have never run 3rd party programs on my NAS.

The server release will help the LG app a little in that regard but there is still work to do within the app itself. Thanks.

Perhaps, but the LG app will still not play a video that has embedded VOBSUBs... :(

Yes we have a private conversation going about that. Hopefully you can appreciate that mp4 with vobsub is a rare combination. We will get it worked out, though it may take a little time. Thanks.

I appreciate all the work you do Luke (and all others)!

I am sure you will work out a solution to this problem in time.

Whether mp4 with embedded vobsubs is a rare combination, I don't know.

Let me tell you this, however: I use DVDFab to rip and encode my Blu-ray movies. If I use the default settings of that software, I will end up with an mp4-file with embedded vobsubs.

So far, DVDFab is the easiest-to-use, fastest, and most "it-just-works" software that I have tried for this purpose.

But with my new-found knowledge about what vobsubs are, I will set it to produce SUB/IDX files separately from the mp4 video-content instead, and then use SubEdit to convert it to .SRT files.

A bit of extra work, but it will be worth it in the end.

Thanks for all your help so far! You are doing great work, and your responsiveness on this forum is fantastic, especially if comparing to the Plex forum.

--Hans-Göran

solabc16

Hello @@GiGo

The package we make available for Synology is signed, however we have had the occasional user report this - however, it is very rare.

A couple of things to check first...

1) Package Center -> Settings -> Trust Level -> Synology Inc. and Trusted Publishers

2) Package Center -> Settings -> Certificate -> Make sure the Emby LLC certificate is listed.

Are you upgrading from a previous installation of Emby Server? Are you behind any kind of VPN or proxy?

Best

- James

• Like 1

Hello @@solabc16

I upaded my ds418play from 3.5.3 to 4.0.0.2.  Everything when well.  I have a question about netcore.  From the logs (Mono: 5.14.0.177 (tarball Sun Nov 4 20:48:29 UTC 2018)) the version installed is still running under mono.  Did you release 4.0.0.2 stable with netcore?  If so, how can I switch to netcore version?

Thank you

JotNarayan

Hello @@solabc16

I upaded my ds418play from 3.5.3 to 4.0.0.2.  Everything when well.  I have a question about netcore.  From the logs (Mono: 5.14.0.177 (tarball Sun Nov 4 20:48:29 UTC 2018)) the version installed is still running under mono.  Did you release 4.0.0.2 stable with netcore?  If so, how can I switch to netcore version?

Thank you

Hello @@rouq

I also work with DS418Play. The weekend I will try to update to 4. Any suggestions about what you observed?
I have some movies and series that at the time I had to locate the images and information manually, since they did not appear in IMDB. In the new scan of the database, version 4 will keep this information or will it be necessary to re-force the manual search ?. Thank you.

Hello @@JotNarayan

I'm not sure about manually added metadata.  but I would guess that it will be retained.  When I switched my live tv guide from scheduledirect to emby tv guide, all my shedule recordings as well as my channel logos were retained.  So I guess it will be the same for your manually added metadata.

You just need to let some time at the first startup to complete the update, I did not observe anything else special during this upgrade.

I did not have time to play with it a lot yet, but so far, amazing upgrade.  Navigation is very fast and the new hardware accelaration is very welcome.

Edited by rouq

solabc16
I did not have time to play with it a lot yet, but so far, amazing upgrade.  Navigation is very fast and the new hardware accelaration is very welcome.

Thanks for the feedback @@rouq.

Best

- James

solabc16
Hello All

The maintenance release (4.0.1.0) for the latest release of Emby Server (4.0) is now available.

As before, if you want to know a little more about the 4.0 release, take a look at Luke's post here : https://emby.media/c...emby-server-40/. For those of you on the beta channel, a big thank you from me and everybody else. If you now want to jump off and switch back to the stable channel, this is the time to do it.

Please feel free to leave any brief comments and feedback here. If you have a specific issue, have a look in the forum and if you can't find what you're looking for, open a new topic.

Best

- James

• Like 1

wanderjarra
Good evening, my Synology DS212j with version 6.2.1 update 4 simply does not find the update for Emby 4.x

Everything is correct, with certificate and the source, but it is only marking version 3.5.3.0-16 as the last one. Inside Emby he points out that he has a new version and asks to go in the middle of the packets, but nothing meets.

I removed and placed the source and checked the certificate, but nothing happens, could anyone help me?

Hello @@GiGo

The package we make available for Synology is signed, however we have had the occasional user report this - however, it is very rare.

A couple of things to check first...

1) Package Center -> Settings -> Trust Level -> Synology Inc. and Trusted Publishers

2) Package Center -> Settings -> Certificate -> Make sure the Emby LLC certificate is listed.

Are you upgrading from a previous installation of Emby Server? Are you behind any kind of VPN or proxy?

Best

- James

Hi James,

Sorry for the late reply, I have checked what you have mentioned, all settings are what they should be and I'm still getting the same issue, I have changed the trust level to "Any Publisher" and  it's worked perfectly :) thanks for the adivce.