MBC - If MBC is Set to Auto-Login a Disabled User...

mboehler

mboehler

If MBC is set to automatically login using a certain user profile, and that user is disabled, the login should fail and not allow other users to be selected.

For example, last night our daughter got in trouble and was not allowed to watch TV.  In her room, MBC is set to automatically login to her user profile.  I disabled her profile so she could not watch TV, but when she woke-up her computer to try to watch TV, the MBC login screen came up and allowed her to select from other users.

I don't use any of the other clients, but this may be something to look at with them as well.

Thanks!

it should reject the login but it should not ban access to other users. That wouldn't work if it were a shared machine.

mboehler

The machine is not a shared machine, though.  Hence the reason for setting the auto-login.

Should there not be a way to remove access to MBC from within Media Browser for situations such as these?  I ended up just unplugging her PC, but that is a less than elegant solution.

Then you should secure the other users, but this is a bit too personalized. The function of disabling a single user is not intended to affect other users.

mboehler

Okay thanks.  Just thought I'd ask.

I will look into alternate methods of preventing access.